Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-11-2007, 07:29 PM   #21
Dark Rage
白人看不懂
Re: Claiming customs marked as gift

Ok, I'm trying to fill out the form, but the only thing I have left is the USPS customs declaration form the package.

I'm not sure if the CBSA import receipt number is on this sheet, or an additional sheet that I may have lost.

I'm quite sure that I would not be subject to taxes, since this was at a value of $50 US on September 10th.

Although I'm not sure if these gifts exemptions make a big difference whether the item is declared in US or CDN dollars on the customs form.

EDIT
We're not charged taxes on gifts being sent within Canada, are we? Especially if they're of a high value?

Last edited by Dark Rage; 10-11-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #22
Dark Rage
白人看不懂

I'm really freaking pissed now, I just got charged tax for a value of $50, even though the item was marked as a gift at $25 US, and they claim all Express items are charged an additional fee.

Are there any other documents that I can provide (other than ebay/paypal sheets) to prove that it's a gift and that I should be taxed that value MINUS $60 Canadian?

Any help, please?

These customs guys are really pissing me off.
Dark Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2007, 04:25 PM   #23
Hook
Machine War

I've stopped using the gift workaround and have been using an alternative method as of late. So far, it's worked well.

Mark the parcel as "Goods returned" as if the sender of the parcel was sending you back something for a refund.

So far this has proven to work well and have not been charged returned fees.

I've been using this methind mostly to get paintball equipment, which has a habit of getting seized by customs due to its realistic looks.

If G1 Megs is a bitch to get in the country, imagine the hassle of getting airsoft/paintball guns! Crazy stuff, I tell ya.