Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions
TFC Hercules REPROLABEL upgrades

So I gotten all of the reprolabels available for TFC Hercules so far (basically everyone except Dr.Crank & Neckbreaker).

I've taken 2 pictures for you guys, my camera skills kinda suck so I give you 2 photos: one with and the other without flash LOL

The first thing you'll notice is the barrel... personally I think the Reprolabel does a better job than the Purple Barrel (CDMW-29). Wheter it was the original green, or the CDMW-29 purple, both suffers from the lack of details. Yet the stickers add quite a lot, the green stripes on it really does it justice.

The next thing we notice is the chest plate, here, is an amazing job really... the chest plate is just friggin' awesome with the reprolabels, the barrel and chest plate alone gives already a lot of character to Hercules.

As for the rest of the reprolabels, they dont do too much as for Hercules directly... they are mostly for the robots separately... I mean they are nice, very nice, but I will mostly have my Hercules in combined mode. All of the other reprolabel does mostly is correct some colours, we can see on Exgraver's arms has now green "panels" which hides the fugle black plastic and so makes it more Green uniformly on the vehicule/arm mode. All the vehicles gets their windows painted purple... it looks really nice... at first I thought I liked the black better.... but hell no... purple is really nice. Otherwise in robot mode you have a couple of decepticon logos here and there, lights gizmos and electronic parts... they all look great in single robot modes. Personally I think Long Haul is the one that gets the nicest Overhaul in details. the black stripes on his sides really add details that was missing from him.

I am still waiting for reprolabel to make stickers for Dr.Crank & NeckBreaker.

Is it worth it?
For single robots: Hell yes, they look mighty nice as the reprolabels add quite a lot to them if you dont combine them.

For Hecules Alone? Personally if its for the combined mode, get Mad Blender's barrel upgrade, and Structor's Chest Shield upgrade. it does a world of difference.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #2
Buhawi
Ang Alamat
Re: TFC Hercules REPROLABEL upgrades

Thanks for the feedback.

Do the stickers actually last? do you know if it stays even with lots of play time logged on it?
Old 05-07-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

There is 2 types of distinct stickers... I dont know why... but there are.

-The first type is a metallic chrome type... its like a metallic chrome sheet with a sorta rubbery print on it... this one seems really solid and yeah even with a lot of play time, this feels like it will last. the problem is while peeling the chrome sheet off... sometime it shed.. it did on 2 occasions... while peeling off a sticker, the sticker shed onto paper... like the sticky side stayed on the sheet, but the printed side was lifted up... kinda like the Cut around the sticker wasnt deep enough... not sure if you're following me here... But what I like about Reprolabel, they give you a few extra you can place as you like... example on structor you can have 2 set for his chest, crotch and waist... its nice to have the choice.

-The second type of stick feels like vinyl... its really nice, sticks great, feels really solid once applied to the TF... but again my problem is they are Hard to peel off... you bend the sticker an awful lot and scratch with your fingernail until it decides to peel off... but on one occasion the vinyl sticker shed in two piece... again luckyly they had replacement on the sheet... but I was lucky 'cuz not all stickers has a replacement... that barrel of Mad Blender is all vinyl...

Pretty much all single unified colours are in vinyl, and the other ones with details on the stickers (lights, lines, paterns, logos) are paper chrome stickers.

Yes they feel really solid, but you have to be extra carefull when peeling them off.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

I like the stickers on the chest piece. Everything else, easy pass. There's just too many Decepticon symbols all over the place. Also not a fan of the purple mixing drum. Looked better green, IMO. And just adding stickers makes a little too...Universe Ironhide.

But thanks for the pics. I probably would have considered getting Reprolabels for Hercules, if/when I get him. Because while I do like the "Neo-Classic" look of Hercules over the much more G1-slavish style of Giant, I do think he could of used a little of that "je ne sais quoi" that made the G1 toy so iconic.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:55 PM   #5
Buhawi
Ang Alamat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave View Post
There is 2 types of distinct stickers... I dont know why... but there are.

-The first type is a metallic chrome type... its like a metallic chrome sheet with a sorta rubbery print on it... this one seems really solid and yeah even with a lot of play time, this feels like it will last. the problem is while peeling the chrome sheet off... sometime it shed.. it did on 2 occasions... while peeling off a sticker, the sticker shed onto paper... like the sticky side stayed on the sheet, but the printed side was lifted up... kinda like the Cut around the sticker wasnt deep enough... not sure if you're following me here... But what I like about Reprolabel, they give you a few extra you can place as you like... example on structor you can have 2 set for his chest, crotch and waist... its nice to have the choice.

-The second type of stick feels like vinyl... its really nice, sticks great, feels really solid once applied to the TF... but again my problem is they are Hard to peel off... you bend the sticker an awful lot and scratch with your fingernail until it decides to peel off... but on one occasion the vinyl sticker shed in two piece... again luckyly they had replacement on the sheet... but I was lucky 'cuz not all stickers has a replacement... that barrel of Mad Blender is all vinyl...

Pretty much all single unified colours are in vinyl, and the other ones with details on the stickers (lights, lines, paterns, logos) are paper chrome stickers.

Yes they feel really solid, but you have to be extra carefull when peeling them off.
Awesome review! Thanks!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #6
bedtime
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I like the stickers on the chest piece. Everything else, easy pass. There's just too many Decepticon symbols all over the place. Also not a fan of the purple mixing drum. Looked better green, IMO. And just adding stickers makes a little too...Universe Ironhide.

But thanks for the pics. I probably would have considered getting Reprolabels for Hercules, if/when I get him. Because while I do like the "Neo-Classic" look of Hercules over the much more G1-slavish style of Giant, I do think he could of used a little of that "je ne sais quoi" that made the G1 toy so iconic.
i'm a little column a/column b with the reprolabels... i think they make the individual bots AMAZING. some of that doesnt necessarily work in the same way for hercules, but so far (with exgravers and heavy labors sets...) the combined mode doesnt look too mish-mashy.

i'll be buying every set of stickers, but will probably continue to be kind of choosy of what i actually apply to the toys.

i'm @bedtime_ on twitter.
bedtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

also if you have a problem with the stickers where they are wrecked, email april or aaron, they'll fix it for you

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
Slave
Energon
Slave's Ebay Auctions

yes I did have a mishaps and April sent me another sheet in about 3 days... nice service!

Tags
hercules, reprolabel, slave, tfc