Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 06:54 PM   #31
joelones
Beast Machine
Re: Zeta ZV-02 Core Star (Unicron)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
And let’s remember without Hasbro and Takara/TakaraTomy there is no 3P.
And let's also remember without we, the fans, there isn't much of a Hasbro (as far as TFs are concerned), is there? Give us some credit too.

And Hasbro does not command my loyalty just because. As a fan, they've let me down. The incumbents have gotten lazy and greedy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
I love 3P and I bought in it before Masterpiece was even in rouge...
Exactly, choice is good. Sure 3p plays outside the rules; they skirt regulatory safety & standards, have little overhead, and exist as random obscure dinky operations with short lifetimes. But, it's an alternative, often times a better alternative and probably better custodians of the TF IP, as far as the MPs are concerned. I'm glad they exist because of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dawg View Post
I’m just going to echo a statement from Vangelus- do not defend corporations- they will never do so for you. They are not your friend. Do what’s best for you. Don’t let anyone espouse their morality on you.
Absolutely. Corporations misrepresent their products all the time, they put shareholder value & corporate greed above all else, even lives (eg: Boeing, Ford., Purdue, a millions others...). Where's their accountability, where's their morality.

Last edited by joelones; 09-10-2019 at 07:09 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #32
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Looks good. Can't say witch one is better designed and which one looks better, but I can say which one is more budget friendly and which one is scheduled to be delivered earlier.

I always thought crowdfunding was a means for the little guy to get a project off the ground, not a way for a billion dollar corporation to mitigate risk and losses. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:17 PM   #33
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post

I always thought crowdfunding was a means for the little guy to get a project off the ground, not a way for a billion dollar corporation to mitigate risk and losses. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
Exactly. They've found a way to transfer the risk to us, precisely that. Normally in the real word, there's a risk/reward trade-off. Since we're bearing most of the risk, what's our upside, our reward here? Sure ain't the price.

Last edited by joelones; 09-10-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 07:15 AM   #34
Gatchatron
Transmutated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Exactly. They've found a way to transfer the risk to us, precisely that. Normally in the real word, there's a risk/reward trade-off. Since we're bearing most of the risk, what's our upside, our reward here? Sure ain't the price.

Gents - this is to let you know these two comments have swayed me to finally decide to bail on Hasbrocron. I was on the fence - despite bad feelings about it - but you have articulated the "ethics issue" I knew was there but couldn't quite put into words. Seeing it put like you have above really brings clarity and focus to the corporate avarice that this Haslab project is just soaking in.

...I, and my wallet, thank you.
Old 09-11-2019, 02:35 PM   #35
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchatron View Post
Gents - this is to let you know these two comments have swayed me to finally decide to bail on Hasbrocron. I was on the fence - despite bad feelings about it - but you have articulated the "ethics issue" I knew was there but couldn't quite put into words. Seeing it put like you have above really brings clarity and focus to the corporate avarice that this Haslab project is just soaking in.

...I, and my wallet, thank you.
Definitely a wise choice bro, good on you
Old 09-11-2019, 03:05 PM   #36
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgianos View Post
Bc no one would let me enjoy it on our thread!.. its called revengr
I'm sorry "our thread?" What exactly does that mean? Threads that invite discussion and multiple authors, replies, responses, opinions etc now have ownership? I don't recall seeing that before. Regardless I've what I said before I don't see anyone attacking your purchases per say just that people are divided on what they choose to spend money on. No one is right or wrong on this, it's just a matter of choice.

If people don't like the product you choose to spend money on why care? It's not their money and no one should tell you how to spend yours, but referring to the Zeta trollers and how you dispensed with them for a concept as simple and foolish as revenge (your words) is just that, foolish. When you get your Haslab Uni show it off, it will be a great purchase for you.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:20 PM   #37
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Seriously, can someone edit that goddamn picture so we don't have a horizontal scrollbar in this thread?
Old 09-11-2019, 09:34 PM   #38
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDragon10K View Post
Seriously, can someone edit that goddamn picture so we don't have a horizontal scrollbar in this thread?
I tried to make it smaller. The picture was damn huge and if I go any smaller, it begins to cut pieces out.
Old 09-11-2019, 11:40 PM   #39
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post

If people don't like the product you choose to spend money on why care?
Ever have someone get mad at you because you said a movie they liked or a band they love was not your cup of tea and state your personal, subjective reasons? I suspect, it's like that.

They drop big money on something, and suddenly, people are offering up reasons why they don't think that product is worth the cost or effort, making them maybe second guess their expenditure as maybe an unwise choice. And since they've gone all-in so to speak, emotionally and financially, they take that criticism as criticism of themselves and their life choices rather than just criticism of the product.

The tone is so blatantly defensive.

At least that's what I'm subjectively seeing.
Old 09-12-2019, 11:38 AM   #40
CyberDragon10K
Predacon Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I tried to make it smaller. The picture was damn huge and if I go any smaller, it begins to cut pieces out.
Much obliged.

Just irked my OCD to see that scrollbar and needing to scroll to read certain posts in their entirety.
Closed Thread