Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #631
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Would it be possible to make it such that when you click on the photo of a product, you go to the product page for that product? Right now to get to the page you have to click on the name of the particular product underneath the picture. It would be more intuitive if you could just click on the picture itself.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #632
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Agreed!

Also, would it be possible to have some notation to show whether or not the items in your collection were "complete" or not? Maybe a little Green "C" in the upper right corner if they're complete, and a red "I" if they're incomplete? It would be nice to be able to glance at an image and now if I'm missing accessories.

On that, you should probably add some features to "manually" mark something as complete, say in the case of someone who doesn't collect instructions for their figures, and doesn't want them all to show up as incomplete when - as far as they're concerned - they are complete.

Greater colour contrast between "wants" and haves would be great. I understand that they're on different sides and all, but when looking in my collection it would be nice if in addition if they stood out a little more than being different shades of blue.

That said, we also likely need a sort function, or a quick button to show us "just wants" or "just haves". Maybe you could turn the little summary of "wants" and "haves" at the top (i.e. You have X wants in Y catalogues) into such a link when you click it. That way I can view all my wants at once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requateer View Post
Might I suggest a slight difference in shade of pink of the Want tags and the Have tags? I use grid view most of the time when browsing catalogs, and when I come to a section that has a whole bunch of figures in close proximity to each other with some labelled as one and one labelled as the other, the mass of the same pink makes it hard for me to identify at a glance which figures I own and which figures I want to own. So I end up having to slow down and go over each one to check whether it's a Want or a have. That slowdown could be really disrupting to someone's browsing flow.

I think that having different colours (as easy as having two different shades of pink) for the Want tags and the Have tags is a pretty good solution. That way, you can instantly differentiate which figures are what status. Just now, I was in the RTS Catalog, searching for a single Want hidden amidst a dozen Haves and I went through the catalog like a page of Where's Waldo for a good five seconds, whereas with a simple change of colour, the different shade on the tag would've drawn my eyes to it immediately.
I agree, and made the same suggestions along with some others above, so I would presume they're working on it.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:40 PM   #633
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayback View Post
lol -whats left?
Sent you an email!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:44 PM   #634
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
Here's something I've noticed while inputting my collection, I made note some time back that there is a variant for G1 Slag; that being the "Canadian" Slag that has a red face, hands, and missile launcher, and white legs.
I reported it to the site and now Slag is completely gone from the G1 catalogue all together!
Hm, he's right here, mate:
http://shelflifex.com/products/slag
Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #635
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Would it be possible to make it such that when you click on the photo of a product, you go to the product page for that product? Right now to get to the page you have to click on the name of the particular product underneath the picture. It would be more intuitive if you could just click on the picture itself.
Yeah, that's a bug that we're going to fix very soon. It's annoying that the photo can't be clicked on. Thanks for telling us that it's pain in the arse.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #636
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
I agree, and made the same suggestions along with some others above, so I would presume they're working on it.
We are indeed!
Old 01-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #637
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

What's the prefered turn around time for a curator to make updates/corrections after a "feedback" submission?

I know a few requests have been entered for Hasbro "Prime" over the last few weeks, but still no changes. That line needs to updated soon as it's a new line and we're going live in 8 days!
razin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:16 AM   #638
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by razin View Post
What's the prefered turn around time for a curator to make updates/corrections after a "feedback" submission?

I know a few requests have been entered for Hasbro "Prime" over the last few weeks, but still no changes. That line needs to updated soon as it's a new line and we're going live in 8 days!
Curators are expected to take care of flags within a week.

Hm, I'm not seeing any resolved or unresolved flags for Prime. You're referring to this catalog, right?
Old 01-03-2012, 03:24 AM   #639
Ozrein
Stunticon

Are there any unresolved flags for Universe 2.0? I submitted a report in mid-December about missing items and I still dont see them updated.

I also made a report in the Botcon catalog around the same time.

Last edited by Ozrein; 01-03-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #640
razin
Canadian Slag
Send a message via MSN to razin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
Curators are expected to take care of flags within a week.

Hm, I'm not seeing any resolved or unresolved flags for Prime. You're referring to this catalog, right?
That's the one. I submitted fb awhile ago on it.
razin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collecting, shelflife