Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-17-2020, 01:13 AM   #1
TNG
Hot Rod did nothing wrong
If Beast Wars were the focus of Generations

Yeah, so l made a post recently about shifting the focus Generations away from G1, and wanted to just play out this scenario.

So personally, I think that if we wanted to start exploring the rest of the series in the franchise as 'classics', as far as I know, and remember, the next big series is Beast Wars.

So what do yall think a first wave would be like for this sorta switch?

Personally I would say the size classes apart from the 'micro' size class would remain the same. I wouldn't add the legends class back in for 'basics' from the original line cause I think the way we size deluxe covers all the bases.

Here's what I would propose/want for the first wave of a BW focused generations line:

Deluxe:
- Cheetor
- Waspinator
- Terrorsaur
- Dinobot

Notes: I think Terrosaur and Rattrap were both candidates as smaller deluxes, and for sake of balancing preds to maximals, I chose to not include Rattrap here. I think these 4 are pretty crucial BW cast members as well as a decent grab of fan favorites and just acceptable characters

Voyager:
- Rhinox/Scorponok
- Optimus Primal

Notes: Since 1st waves usually have the most longevity I think having the core cast is make up the 1st wave is a given for any line really. I put Rhinox/Scorponok cause I think Rhinox is def more loved by fans, but Scorponok is also deserving of some time to shine since he wasn't really given that chance before. Optimus Primal is kinda obvious why I put him here

Leaders:
- Megatron
- Ironhide/Cybershark

Notes: Megatron needs no explanation. Ironhide and Cybershark on the other hand. So Cybershark I think could pass as a leader plus giant sharks are cool. Ironhide actually took some more thought. So originally I was thinking maybe just making a Leader price point combiner boxset with all the Magnaboss components, but that felt like it would be doing no justice to the characters, plus selling them separately so they can charge us more seems about right for them. So I think since Ironhide is an elephant, leader size is definitely gonna be better as well as originally he was the biggest and then making Prowl and Silverbolt be smaller deluxe in later waves.

Titan:
- Arachnid/Orcanoch

Note: There aren't many options and these 2 were really the only characters I could think of that fit the Titan class, at least in the sorta theme scheme I would think of for the Trilogy(I'll explain this next). I don't really think the combiners work since they were made up of only 3 characters unless we wanted to make some new original ones like in Combiner Wars.

So some final details are that deluxe would definitely be less gimmicky and mainly just the figs and their weapons. Voyagers I think could focus more on flip out weapons and features like OPs cannons or Scorponoks bee bud. Leaders I think would be reserved for combiners and spring gimmicks and such spinning/snapping tail/mouth. Now to explain the Titans. There is definitely an issue with the fact that we didn't really have any massive transformers or combiners that could possibly fit(in my opinion) in Titan class. The only 2 being the ones I mentioned tho their whole base gimmick has a lot to do with mass shifting. The only other possible candidate I can think of is Megatron's floating head from Beast Machines. He wasn't exactly huge but it could kinda pass with the whole hologram thing, and could possibly lead into a Beast Machines line(Which would probs not last long and be relegated to a .5 wave as opposed to a whole line). Plus kiddos would love to have a giant Megs head right

SO yeah. Only a dream atm, so don't take this too seriously. Probs would say it would be a trilogy and be p Beast Wars(Just core cast throwback to classic features like springed and hidden gimmicks), Transmetals(Switch to third 'vehicle' modes and Fuzors), and end on Transmetals 2(A blend of gimmicks and 3rd modes).

Exclusives are something I could definitely see happening, especially on the Takara end like BW Neo and 2 with say the combiners or big retools for Magmatron(From Magnaboss), Big Convoy(From Rhinox), or Mach-Kick(From Fuzor Bantor). Even just regular global exclusives like repaints/slight retools into Tigatron, G1 Dinobots, Agent Ravage, and such.

I've heard the BW anniversary is coming up with speculation that we might get some reissues which is sorta exciting if true.

What do yall think? Would yall change anything?
TNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:33 AM   #2
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: If Beast Wars were the focus of Generations

Dinobot is the biggest season 1 maximal. So he's leader or voyager. Depends how you would do him. Primal is shorter than Rhinox. So primal is shorter but more gimmicks voyager, Rhinox a head taller, and then dinobot isn't the "biggest" leader ever but comes in a head taller than Rhinox with the extra dough on parts and making sure he works as best you can since his CGI model cheats like crazy.

Honestly more than anything I'd like to finally see a new Terrorsaur toy that does its best to resemble his CGI model. He also cheats like fuck so you'd have kibble, but that's fine.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:10 AM   #3
Solauren
Generation 1

Since Beast Wars was the most consistent with scale (not difficult with computer animation files), use that for the figures.

How I'd do it...

Maximals
Rattrap - Scout (Transmetal - Deluxe)

Cheetor - Deluxe

Tigertron - Deluxe
Air Razor - Deluxe
Rhinox - Voyager

Optimus Primal - Voyager (TM2 - Leader)

DInobot - Voyager
Silverbot - Deluxe

Depth Charge - Voyager

Predacons
Waspinator - Deluxe

Terrasaur - Deluxe
Scorponok - Deluxe
Tarrantulus - Deluxe
Megatron - Voyager or Leader (TM2 - Leader)

Black Arachnia - Deluxe
Inferno - Voyager

Quickstrike - Deluxe
Rampage - Voyager
Solauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 08:31 AM   #4
Alliniere
A giant glowing cloud

I'm less concerned about scale than I am about characters that haven't been properly revisited in a non-exclusive form.

s1 Terrorsaur, airrazor, scorponok are the biggest ones I want revisited. maybe inferno, but his mega class toy is still good enough for me.

as for a scale one, I would LOVE a Voyager scale TM2 Dinobot.

and if I am allowed to make some cracked out choices? I would LOVE the Mcdonalds Transmetals revisited as full and proper toys. As show characters, having the entire cast with transmetal toys would make me super happy.
Alliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #5
TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliniere View Post
I'm less concerned about scale than I am about characters that haven't been properly revisited in a non-exclusive form.

s1 Terrorsaur, airrazor, scorponok are the biggest ones I want revisited. maybe inferno, but his mega class toy is still good enough for me.

as for a scale one, I would LOVE a Voyager scale TM2 Dinobot.

and if I am allowed to make some cracked out choices? I would LOVE the Mcdonalds Transmetals revisited as full and proper toys. As show characters, having the entire cast with transmetal toys would make me super happy.
OMG yes. Definitely thought of those. For some reason I though Dinobot was tiny but thinking of it making Rhinox a larger deluxe or pushing him into and switching in Dinobot in would def be beneficial to incorporate his spinning tail.
Old 06-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #6
TNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Dinobot is the biggest season 1 maximal. So he's leader or voyager. Depends how you would do him. Primal is shorter than Rhinox. So primal is shorter but more gimmicks voyager, Rhinox a head taller, and then dinobot isn't the "biggest" leader ever but comes in a head taller than Rhinox with the extra dough on parts and making sure he works as best you can since his CGI model cheats like crazy.

Honestly more than anything I'd like to finally see a new Terrorsaur toy that does its best to resemble his CGI model. He also cheats like fuck so you'd have kibble, but that's fine.
You're so right. Have no idea why i thought Dinobot was so small in comparison to Primal and Rhinox. That definitely then means Rattrap could come as a smaller deluxe in the first wave or include a non show character like Razorbeast or Airrazor.

Yes. For Terrorsaur, as much as I love the idea of spring-loaded transformations, so much more in terms of accuracy and playability could be done without it and with today's engineering.
Old 06-17-2020, 09:51 PM   #7
Melomeca
Generation 2

I for one would love beast wars restyling of G1 bots. The dinobots with flesh covering, organic predacons, terrorcons, monsterbots. There's a lot of old material to fill the toyline roster.
Melomeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:33 PM   #8
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solauren View Post
Since Beast Wars was the most consistent with scale (not difficult with computer animation files), use that for the figures.

Black Arachnia - Deluxe
Quickstrike - Deluxe
Eh, both Black Arachnia and Quickstrike were pretty small in the show, especially QS. They'd both be better scaled as Scouts, again, especially QS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melomeca View Post
I for one would love beast wars restyling of G1 bots. The dinobots with flesh covering, organic predacons, terrorcons, monsterbots. There's a lot of old material to fill the toyline roster.
The whole point of this exercise is NOT G1 CHARACTERS. Not just more G1, only different.