Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-07-2010, 03:11 AM   #1
Maximus Prime
Generation 2
Collector's Pool Thread

Okay, to leave the Sightings Thread as is (I'm talking BC specifically here) I'm starting this one to talk about the Wanted and Have idea.

Referring to my post: here I specifically pointed out that I did not think buying every last item on the shelf to put in the 'pool' was a great idea.
This was met with, what I think, bad thoughts.

Now, I like the pool idea, and I think it is a good idea, but I do not believe that someone should buy all eight figures and clear the shelf just to sit on them for the pool. I believe that buying one for self, and maybe a couple more for the pool is a great idea, and leave a couple on the shelf for people that cannot do the pool thing.

I, myself, cannot stay in Vancouver all day hoping to meet up with someone in the pool that has the figures that would have been on the shelves.
I understand the concept behind the idea, but it doesn't always work out.
what if said pool member is at work, has all the figures from the morning and won't be home and able to get out to meet someone like me before I have to catch a ferry home?

If I come in to Vancouver I have other stuff to do than wait around for someone to show up. And usually I go in to the city on a spur of the moment trip.

jigga79, I am not dissing what you did. You took offense to an observation I made at the time, even though I have been thinking it since the whole pool thing started. It was never meant to be an 'attack' on you.
Buying the figures for members that can't get out is a great thing, but I, personally, feel that buying every figure amounts to hording, which is something that people on here have been against forever. And I'm not just talking about you, I'm talking about everyone that would buy the entire stock from the shelves.

I think for the pool to work people should look at the list of 'wants' before they go hunting. If there are three people that want a figure, but there are six figures on the shelf, pick up the three for the people, get one more for a 'have' and leave two for people to come in and grab on their own.

Please, discuss. Leave your thoughts.
I can be swayed in my thinking if there is a good discussion.
But I meant no disrespect in my comments before.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:22 AM   #2
venksta
Render Project Creations
Re: Collector's Pool Thread

Good thoughts. We should keep in mind that the Pool group does not mean two people go hunting, and the rest of us sit at home. Everyone is going to be out looking for the figures they want. So if we do see a bunch of figures, leave some behind, as its possible once you leave the store, another board member might walk in the very minute looking for the same figures. Plus, there are other collectors here who aren't part of Cybertron.ca or the pool group. So its not fair to them either, if our pool group keeps taking up everything.

Maybe we should make it a rule, to pick up a maximum of two of the same figures for the pool, if you see it. Either one can be for yourself, and the second for someone else. Or both to give to other members here.

Since the pool thing is new, there are going to be issues we need to work out, so we can make a lasting community of collectors here.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
TFtoys
Animated

yeah, the issue is not about the jigga79 or the behavior, but the numbers.
If Jigga79 could hold 8 of the Shadow Scythre for pool memebers, that will be awesome ^^" . For exclusive 3rd party items like this, I do wish this could happen...

For local retail item, If I was 10 minute later to go into the store, and I could not check the website in time; I will disappoint for nothing left from the 8 figures that were there. It certainly does not help me saving the gas if I was on my way to haul.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:35 AM   #4
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus Prime View Post
... jigga79, I am not dissing what you did. You took offense to an observation I made at the time, even though I have been thinking it since the whole pool thing started. It was never meant to be an 'attack' on you.
jigga79 response to your previous post, was the expected response, IMO. If I were in his shoes, having just contributed to the Van. pool, feeling good about myself and one of the first responses I get back is a wagging finger, I would be pissed too.

Your post wasn't worded negatively and it brings up a good point about how many to have for the pool, but I would of interpreted it the same way, again, if I were in jigga79 shoes.

I don't know if that makes any sense, but that's my take on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
Good thoughts. We should keep in mind that the Pool group does not mean two people go hunting, and the rest of us sit at home. Everyone is going to be out looking for the figures they want. So if we do see a bunch of figures, leave some behind, as its possible once you leave the store, another board member might walk in the very minute looking for the same figures. Plus, there are other collectors here who aren't part of Cybertron.ca or the pool group. So its not fair to them either, if our pool group keeps taking up everything.

Maybe we should make it a rule, to pick up a maximum of two of the same figures for the pool, if you see it. Either one can be for yourself, and the second for someone else. Or both to give to other members here.

Since the pool thing is new, there are going to be issues we need to work out, so we can make a lasting community of collectors here.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #5
Richter
Nexus Maximus

I thought I made the rules clear in the thread but I guess I didn't mention this

Don't bother buying anything unless there are 'wants' listed

Cake, right?

Current Wants:
  • Horsey Prime
Richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #6
jigga79
Robot in Disguise

Hey I believe I did follow the rules, if you look at the pool there are 4 request for each of Roddy and Ironhide. So I picked up 4 sets. But the 4 sets also means its a whole box. Anyways let it drop, I don't care, people are gonna have their own opinions and I already got some word of encouragement from some members through PM already.

Now lets just drop this topic.

BOTCON 2011 STUFF 4 SALE

For Sale: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27275

Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=16502
jigga79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #7
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

I sure love the Internet.

jigga79 does something to help a bunch of people out and gets slagged for it, nice work guys.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #8
Maximus Prime
Generation 2

Nobody's slagging anybody, or at least that wasn't the intention.
I already made it clear about that.

If some people feel that all is fine, then great. If some people have questions, then great again.
But let's get this out and clear so everyone understands all of this.

And I admit that I did not factor in the 'sets' part, meaning four sets of two. I just saw 8 figures bought up. Your post also looked, to me, like you bought all the sets just to hold for 'haves'. There was no mention of the 'wants' you bought them for. I read it wrong.

jigga, again, no worries. Sorry if you took it all the wrong way. My bad... no slaggin here.
I am not going to drop this until I know you are okay. I read the responses to your post (and to mine) and now I feel like crap because 1) I feel like you are pretty bummed now, and 2) people are crapping on me for even saying anything.
And believe me, the PMs I have received are pretty bad, to say the least.

I have been a part of the TF community for over ten years now, and I have been a fan since they came out in '86. I'm 37 years old and a father of four.
I have no intention of being treating anyone badly, or being treated like I have been for the past day.

I had a concern that 'people' may start scooping up every available figure regardless of the 'haves' list and not leave any for people not in the pool, or not even on the boards. I mistakenly used your post as a jumping off point even though I had this concern since the pool was first created.
I am posting this publicly instead of PMing you because I want everyone to see that I am trying to make this better.
You did fine, I read it wrong. I used your post as an example of my concerns that I had from 'everyone', not you.

I am grateful for this community. I have met great people through here, in the stores that I have talked to from here on a chance meeting, and the Vancouver TF community in general. I am happy that there are posters here willing to grab a couple of figures I want and can't get, and will meet with me here on the Coast to help me own them.

Is there anything else I can say?

Last edited by Maximus Prime; 09-07-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Maximus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote