Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-18-2023, 02:20 PM   #2471
imfallenangel
Cybertron
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

The Core terrocon and SS Airazor are now available... (and mine are pre-ordered)

Seeing how fast the Airazor sold out on Amazon, it might be worth jumping on it.

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...rorcon-freezer

https://www.gamestop.ca/Toys-Collect...uxe-97-airazor
Old 01-18-2023, 08:35 PM   #2472
ProfessorMenasor
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The7thParallel View Post
Let us know if all the cores were in. I only got Sludge and was told Slag was still showing a March release.
My apologies the lady on the phone told me alll of them were in but it was only sound blaster and sludge. Slag was not in my stack of bots
ProfessorMenasor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 03:42 PM   #2473
Goodapollo4
GLORIOUS!!!

Just picked up Needlenose and Scraphook from EB games. They were on the shelf with Armada Hot Shot but they neglected to call me.

Check your local EB, might have them out on the shelves before you get that call like me.
Old 01-19-2023, 04:03 PM   #2474
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodapollo4 View Post
Just picked up Needlenose and Scraphook from EB games. They were on the shelf with Armada Hot Shot but they neglected to call me.

Check your local EB, might have them out on the shelves before you get that call like me.
I have had that happen more then a few times.

- Marvel Legends Kate Bishop. Sold from behind the counter. Even called and was told it didnt come in.

-Commander Class Skylynx. Long gone.

- Marvel Legends Dark Pheonix. Was literally on the shelf when I asked if my preorder was in. The employee told me he doesn't know and its not his job. He was responsible for the preorders that day and was indeed his job. Next time I went in, the other employees confirmed it was in and then spent several minutes trying to find it in a panic till I told them it was the one on the shelf probably. Safe to say they were not happy at the other guy.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 04:04 PM   #2475
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Turtle View Post
I have had that happen more then a few times.

- Marvel Legends Kate Bishop. Sold from behind the counter. Even called and was told it didnt come in.

-Commander Class Skylynx. Long gone.

- Marvel Legends Dark Pheonix. Was literally on the shelf when I asked if my preorder was in. The employee told me he doesn't know and its not his job. He was responsible for the preorders that day and was indeed his job. Next time I went in, the other employees confirmed it was in and then spent several minutes trying to find it in a panic till I told them it was the one on the shelf probably. Safe to say they were not happy at the other guy.
Why didn't you just buy the one on the shelf?
Philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 04:21 PM   #2476
Banshee
Energon

This has happened to me multiple times with in-store preorders. This is the Brossard Gamestop. I’ve got two preorders left with that store, all the rest I’ve done online.

Whenever another preorder that’s store only pops up (like SDCC exclusives and stuff), I’ll go to a different store.
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 04:28 PM   #2477
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
This has happened to me multiple times with in-store preorders. This is the Brossard Gamestop. I?ve got two preorders left with that store, all the rest I?ve done online.

Whenever another preorder that?s store only pops up (like SDCC exclusives and stuff), I?ll go to a different store.
The one at Dix30? I've never pre-ordered there, but they usually have decent shelf stock on the rare occasions I've visited.

Had a ore-order at Place Longueuil that I completely forgot about, but they called me right away. But I mainly stick with stores on the island. Reliable, for the most part. A little bit of human error is to be expected, though.

It also pays to get to know the staff at your regular location. They're much more attentive that way.
Old 01-21-2023, 09:55 AM   #2478
TriBlurr
Robot in Disguise

Selects Magnificus got bumped up to today for release.
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 01:12 PM   #2479
Gaming Turtle
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philtastic View Post
Why didn't you just buy the one on the shelf?
The dude wouldnt count it as my preorder one which had money on it. Even though if he actually checked, the system inventory would have showed it was my preorder. Basically note sure if she just was lazy or wanted to screw with someone.

Ended up skipping the figure all together cause it had a leg defect (Since it is the retro plastic package) and they couldnt order anymore.
Gaming Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 01:17 PM   #2480
Philtastic
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaming Turtle View Post
The dude wouldnt count it as my preorder one which had money on it. Even though if he actually checked, the system inventory would have showed it was my preorder. Basically note sure if she just was lazy or wanted to screw with someone.

Ended up skipping the figure all together cause it had a leg defect (Since it is the retro plastic package) and they couldnt order anymore.
That's F'd up. I'd ask to talk to the manager. Though looks like you dodged a bullet.