Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-31-2017, 08:43 AM   #3381
Cronosabre
Machine War
Re: The Masterpiece Appreciation and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelones View Post
Last info I see, is the following:

12/02/2016 16:00 Dispatch from outward office of exchange OSAKA

So not good news, I take it...Tracks was sort of similar from what I remember 6-7 weeks, something like that.

Oh well, $140 down the drain. Serves me right. Should have bought groceries with the money. Dumass.
I'm still waiting on mine from NY too, so you are not alone. I paid with Paypal so I will likely file a dispute if I don't see it in February. Certain credit cards also provide buyer protection. I have seen messages from others about their missing MP Infernos, it wasn't just NY either, some were from AE.

Funny thing is that I ordered some custom Lego from eBay in late November, seller is in HK and I am waiting on that as well. I contacted them and they asked me to wait until Feb 10th and they would do something. There is definitely something going on with packages from Asia around that time.
Cronosabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 09:29 AM   #3382
joelones
Beast Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronosabre View Post
I'm still waiting on mine from NY too, so you are not alone. I paid with Paypal so I will likely file a dispute if I don't see it in February. Certain credit cards also provide buyer protection. I have seen messages from others about their missing MP Infernos, it wasn't just NY either, some were from AE.

Funny thing is that I ordered some custom Lego from eBay in late November, seller is in HK and I am waiting on that as well. I contacted them and they asked me to wait until Feb 10th and they would do something. There is definitely something going on with packages from Asia around that time.
Thanks for your input.

How much more time are you likely to wait before filing a claim with PP, until late Feb? I also noticed that NY will cancel all your existing orders / close your account if you open a dispute with PP, without contacting them first. Wow...I'm assuming if you do contact them prior to opening a dispute they're likely to do nothing, right?
joelones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:29 AM   #3383
RocketGTR
Animated

I got mine from N-Y last Friday. exactly 2 months from when it shipped. So I'd say wait. As ppl have said it shipped just after Black Friday and I believe some kind of Asian "black friday". First time I've ever had to wait that long.

If you sent by SAL registered you can always ask NY to have SAL initiate a trace from their end.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:24 PM   #3384
Darth Cylon
addicted to mecha

I think issue is Canada Post and Custom. I waited 8 weeks for my Black Friday sales order from Australia when I usually got my order in 2-3 weeks from the same store down under.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:28 PM   #3385
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Here's hope for you guys still waiting for MP Inferno -- mine finally showed up today, almost exactly two months after it shipped. Whew!
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 05:03 PM   #3386
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Love this mold. Top two are Wing Thing and Shattered Glass Ratbat customs I made for DuG. Comic Ratbat is from the new GI JOE crossover FunPub exclusive. Clear Ratbat is not a KO. It's origin is a mystery.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 04:58 AM   #3387
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

There's a new MP-10 reissue coming out soon? How many times are they going to reissue him? And he's going to be $220 US
Old 02-07-2017, 08:03 AM   #3388
Devastator55
Generation 1

I think they will forever reissue MP-10. Optimus and Megatron will be that piece that captures new collectors. I can say that's how it started for me. Got MP-10 for my birthday and the rest is history.

Can you imagine collecting all the rest of the masterpiece and you missing Optimus and have to pay much more for him in the aftermarket. I think Takara thought it through from a business point of view and moral.
Devastator55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #3389
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Yeah at 220$ US? Which means it be will around 270 CND. That's too expensive for a Masterpiece.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:10 PM   #3390
elburrito
Animated

maybe a little more than that! but ive seen a few MP
10s kicking around sales threads on these boards for less. btw, DO NOT ORDER THINGS THAT ARE LISTED IN USD! Yen, Won, HKD, CDN or even Malaysian Ringots sure. if you pay to convert your CAD to USD and factor in the conversion (roughly 1:1.32 right now) then you are getting hosed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Yeah at 220$ US? Which means it be will around 270 CND. That's too expensive for a Masterpiece.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote