Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 PM   #21
protoform_ironhide
Commander
Re: Beast Wars Masterpieces

The truth is... Takara probably won't sell as much MP if they go with Beast Wars.. However, they will make big profit to sell G1 MP! Give me more G1 MP
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:54 PM   #22
Wheeltron
Maximal

What I was thinking was what if they were MPs that sold at a lower price. Closer to what Bumblebee will go for and closer in size. The Maximals and Predacons were much smaller bots to begin with so it would make sense.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BW_Agenda_Pt3_Soundwave.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	23108  
Old 04-09-2014, 12:48 AM   #23
UltraPrimal
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeltron View Post
What I was thinking was what if they were MPs that sold at a lower price. Closer to what Bumblebee will go for and closer in size. The Maximals and Predacons were much smaller bots to begin with so it would make sense.
Eeeehhhh....That's a common misconception that really annoys. I forget where I heard it(I think it might have been on the Rhino DVDs or something) but the Maximals and Predacons were never truly meant to be that much smaller than the Autobots and Decepticons. The reason they were so small when shown next to their ancestors is to make them look grandiose and imposing. Like these sleeping titans. Mostly to help convey their importance and legendary status to younger viewer who never saw G1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraxys View Post
Here's a thought, WHERE ARE THE 3RD PARTY BEAST WARS!
I KNOW, RIGHT! We've gotten PE Aranea, which honestly is more of an Animated BA homage than BW BA. Aaaaannnddd.....that's it. We did get teased a Lio and a Big Convoy a couple YEARS ago from PE, but nothing has come of them.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:20 AM   #24
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeltron View Post
Oh ya... almost forgot. MP are supposed to be in scale with MP10 isn't it? If they make Beast Wars MP, the figures will be ridiculously small. That will be very hard to pull off.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:45 AM   #25
Abraxys
With full honors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
Ahhhh Yessss! Beast wars MP! But which versions to do? The original or the transmetals. Optimus and Megatron had 3 official version, 4 if you count the original toy release where Op was a bat and Megs was a alligator.
All of them! LOL, no. It'll probably be the original season 1 mold. Those are most iconic, and the originals of S2 and S3 toys do the characters justice anyways. (except T2 dinobot, good god its hideous)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protoform_ironhide View Post
The truth is... Takara probably won't sell as much MP if they go with Beast Wars.. However, they will make big profit to sell G1 MP! Give me more G1 MP
Yes, everyone knows this -_- Were just asking for a little Beast Wars love. Theres no need to pick a side, I collect all lines, especially G1, but Beast Wars really needs some MP love. The generations are spot on right now, but I think an MP Primal or Megs are not too far off.

Aaaaand the size for MP10 will not, nor should it, determine the size of another line. Thats just strange By that logic all movie toys should be the size of metroplex!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
I KNOW, RIGHT! We've gotten PE Aranea, which honestly is more of an Animated BA homage than BW BA. Aaaaannnddd.....that's it. We did get teased a Lio and a Big Convoy a couple YEARS ago from PE, but nothing has come of them.
Honestly, all the "worry" about Beast Wars figs not selling would be mitigated by catering 3rd party style to the minority of collectors. 3rd party makes less quantity anyways, and Beast Wars fans are thirsty, so they'd make their money.

3rd party dinobot, droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooools

All in all, an awesome figure, is an awesome figure, it'll sell even if its not "g1"

Last edited by Abraxys; 04-09-2014 at 03:56 AM.
Abraxys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #26
joshimus
Metroplex

Considering a t-rex size next to a truck like G1 Prime would be closer on par so the whole scale thing really doesn't mean much. That said, as much as I love season 1 Megs, I would love and MP scale Transmetal season 2 Megs
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:06 PM   #27
Blitzwing
Armada

Honestly, I don't know how much more you could improve upon the Generations Rhinox that was just released. I think if most of the cast is done in the detail Rhinox got, MP's would be a little overkill. Maybe if they did the leaders, that would work, but I can't see the entire cast being done.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #28
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
Eeeehhhh....That's a common misconception that really annoys. I forget where I heard it(I think it might have been on the Rhino DVDs or something) but the Maximals and Predacons were never truly meant to be that much smaller than the Autobots and Decepticons. The reason they were so small when shown next to their ancestors is to make them look grandiose and imposing. Like these sleeping titans. Mostly to help convey their importance and legendary status to younger viewer who never saw
...what?! That's ludicrous. If that were true then Cheetor's alt mode would be HUGE next to regular cheetahs. And let's not forget the episodes with protohumans where Rattrap was about as short as they were. There is no way in heck it would be logical for the BW crew to be as big as the G1 robots, especially considering how they refer to the ancestors as 'guzzlers' the same way the smaller micro masters did to the full sized TFs.

It's clear to me the Beast Wars cast was close to human size.
Undrave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #29
Wheeltron
Maximal

While making the Autobots and Decepticons as large as they were accomplished it's goal fairly well, I think they were made to be bigger rather than the Maximals and Predacons smaller. There is consistency throughout the show about their size from Stonehenge to the Golden Disks, one of which would have been from Voyager 1.