Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 11-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #11
down_shift
Fortress Maximus
Re: review: Takara Masterpiece MP12 MP 12 Sideswipe Lambor

This is by far THE GREATEST GOD DAMN TRANSFORMER I HAVE EVER TOUCHED.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:47 PM   #12
stef2130
Generation 2
stef2130's Ebay Auctions

i got one
but the pient is rely horrable
somme area are not totally piented
and somme of the bumber has bobles on it
just like the pient ran out in the pient can
stef2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #13
ak111
Mini-Con

just got mine yesterday.

I have all the MP moulds up to this point in one shape or form (optimus, grimlock, new and old starscream mould, rodimus, megatron, etc...)

I have to say that as much as I like lambor, this MP is VERY LAME! It's so small that it's funny that they can even call it an MP item. I don't have the G1 version of sideswipe, but I can't imagine this one being that much better.

They're totally cheapening out on the customer on this one. No rubber wheels, no diecast parts, poor paint job, thin plastics.

as a comparison for sizing:

- the top his head is basically in line with the elbow joint of rodimus or Mp-10 optimus (which is REALLY short)
- it looks horrible when placed next to MP-01/04 optimus, almost like a hobbit. The top of his head doesn't even reach MP-04's hip joint. It's got as much plastic in it as MP-04 has in it's right leg.
- Even the box it comes in is 1/3 the size of the coronation starscream one (for perspective)
- it's got some articulation for sure, but so does a GI Joe, or a ninja turtles.
- I would say it's not even worth $50, and if you get it for over $70 you're getting totally ripped off.

Hasbro will most likely release this at $49.99, but I'd say, don't even bother buying it unless it's $29.99.

i hope soundwave isn't as disappointing. I shudder when I think that the cassette 2 packs are going to cost about the same as lambor, but their size is probably smaller than lambor's right leg.
ak111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #14
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

This review is sponsoored by today's word of the day:

underwhelmed
past participle, past tense of un·der·whelm

Verb: Fail to impress or make a positive impact on (someone)

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #15
ImNotThePro
XBL - Im Not The Pro
ImNotThePro's Ebay Auctions

According to Obtibotimus, Hasbro is NOT releasing a Masterpiece Sideswipe. He states that his source has contact to somebody at Hasbro and that his source has never been wrong before.

Go to Obtibotimus' channel and watch the MP-12 review, at the end he mentions what I'm talking about.

I personally don't care for Sideswipe let alone any Autobots besides Optimus Prime. If he's wrong and Hasbro does release one, then I'll jump on it but the maximum I'll pay is $50.00.
ImNotThePro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
SanMiguel
Beasty
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

This is SAD news indeed considering that we folks at North Americas dont get enough or NO Takarra MP TFs at all unless we order it online and pay extra for shipping and taxes....i was really looking forward for Hasbro to recreate MP Sideswipe but i guess we all just to wait and hope for the best or pay more for it....
Old 11-07-2012, 11:15 PM   #17
Paradigm-Shift Prime
Unit Warrior

Yeah look direct from Japan on these guys, you can find him for 50-55 plus shipping. Mine just crossed into Canada, should be in my hands by tomorrow.
Paradigm-Shift Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #18
inocent3
Generation 1

I got mine and I love it. Only issue I have is a tiny spot of random paint other than that I'm a happy camper!
inocent3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #19
Pascal
Banned

Excellent engineering, transformation is great, both modes are great. But let's face it: this is no MP when it comes to finish, paint job and materials. Add some die-cast parts (at least the chest and the feet), rubber tires and a flawless Soul of Chogokin-like paint job and now you have a toy truly worthy of the MP name. Without reverting to an oversize die-cast loaded anomaly like MP-01, there should be a way to produce some kind of happy medium, more in line with the quality we got with Binaltech.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #20
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Got mine yesterday and I think it's great. I'm hoping that hasbro takes a look at this and thinks of it as a replacement for the human alliance price point and brings it over eventually.

This figure is pretty near perfectly show accurat in bot mode. The only thing missing is a jet pack. I got lucky. My paint blemishes are limited to the black paint and aren't noticeable at all in not mode.

Would have like rubber tires but at least don't have to worry about them cracking now. And I'm not too bothered by the lack of die-cast. MP01 had tons of it but it's so heavy you can't pose it worth a damn, and metal scraping plastic, end result not good.

Pricey? Yes. Worth it? Ooooooo yeah.

Last edited by Sun Swipe Prime; 11-08-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Sun Swipe Prime is offline   Reply With Quote