Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #1
TwinTwistR
OP's windshield scrubber
TF Movies: Where to from here?

So now that the Bay trilogy has run its course, where would you like to see Transformer movies go from here?

Let's keep this about what you would like to see in the future, not about the Bay movies. If you want to talk about DOTM you can do so here:

DOTM discussion with spoilers:
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=32562

DOTM discussion non-spoilers(ish):
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=32584

I for one would love to see a live action version of the '86 cartoon movie on the big screen. Give the Transformers a slightly G1 asthetic (or maybe classics look?), but keep everyone very recognizeable as their original forms, and hold to the same plot/storyline. I would love to see a planet junkion with a horde of misshapen bike-bots rising up out of the heap, and the ghoulish quintesons floating around, etc. I know, I know, "there are legal issue with using certain types of vehicles." I'm just dreaming about what would be fun/ideal to see.

So what sort of storyline would you like to see, what look would you give the characters, would you like to see another live action or a cartoon? If cartoon, would you like a feature length film of an existing series (ie. Beast Wars, RID, Energon...) or something completely new?

Last edited by TwinTwistR; 06-29-2011 at 08:39 AM.
TwinTwistR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles
Re: TF Movies: Where to from here?

I can see, in a few years, a new cast that JJ Abrahms would create. Something far more mysterious and only at the end of the movie we see Optimus Prime's head or something.
Maybe it's not even billed as Transformers.

What if a studio like Pixar (more likely Dreamworks) got a hold of it? Would comedy animation (not pee or scrotum jokes, but actual humour) ruin or recreate the franchise? This I see as far more likely.

I would hope for a bit of a mix. A high-quality animated film to really showcase the speed and finesse of transformers rather than the warfare/metal-bashing we got from Bay. It could work as a feature film but it couldn't be in the Bayverse.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
Pascal
Banned

Live acton movie-style again and again please. A G1-ish look wouldn't work for me. Bring Galvatron, Unicron, Headmasters and Targetmasters, real combiners, multichangers and what not.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #4
Hellboy
Alternator

Anything as long as they go back to basics. Hire the character designers who worked on War for Cybertron. Abrahms would be great but any director who is good and has a true passion for the G1 era (like Jackson had for LOTR).
If the movie needs to be set in the 80's that's fine with me. Unicron is a bit over-the-top for me... to grandiose... I want simple and clean.
Has to be a reboot.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #5
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

I'm quite content if it just ended.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #6
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

I've generally enjoyed what Bay has brought to the franchise, this said I'd like to see something radically different.

Something smaller and less epic, something more personal. Look at how well a film like Predator did with one alien in it, maybe something like that. At most two or three actual Transformers(maybe 2 Cons, one Bot), a couple human characters and a solid story.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:53 AM   #7
Clutchburn
Beast Machine
Clutchburn's Ebay Auctions

I would like to see a prequel. New director and cast. A story that explores why bumblebee is a 70's Camaro. Take the storyline of the cons influencing humanity over the past few decades and scale it back to BB a few cons and maybe another con. Would really like a direction where the mystery and wonder is brought back into the Tf franchise.
Clutchburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:13 AM   #8
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Stop this requirment for live action movies. Make well crafted DC direct style movie and release is direct to DVD.

I'm not sure why people are so in love with the idea of makeing a big budget, live action movie.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
Lord Starscream
Generation 1

To be honest I would love to see a new take on it , but as a reinvent with keeping some key Characters like Optimus , Megatron , Starscream and Bumblebee .

I would also love to see a retelling of the G1 MTMTE and or the G1 movie stories redone in highend cgi but using the G1 audio as maybe a DVD/TV release .
Lord Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
Clutchburn
Beast Machine
Clutchburn's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
Stop this requirment for live action movies. Make well crafted DC direct style movie and release is direct to DVD.

I'm not sure why people are so in love with the idea of makeing a big budget, live action movie.
I doubt we'll ever see that. Not enough of a mass appeal for Hasbro to profit from it.
Clutchburn is offline   Reply With Quote