Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 10-27-2016, 09:18 AM   #11
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Titans Return Alpha Trion with base modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by legenddkillaa View Post
mind your own business
Lol, whoa, whoa folks, such hot bloodedness. Since this is my business, then heck, why not chime in.

First, legenddkillaa, I agree totally that you are certainly entitled to your opinion, no doubt at all in my mind about that. If you dislike my work, well, that is unfortunate but I am well aware that you can't please all the people, all the time. As for stopping, what did that ever get anyone? You don't improve by stopping, you improve by learning through feedback. As such, I'll note your comment here about the better close ups. THAT is useful feedback and I appreciate it.

Everyone develops a style and that style SHOULD, hopefully, evolve over time as you learn more and listen to people. I have vastly improved and certainly still have a ways to go. For me, I try, I guess, to provide the info I would want to see (which I guess all reviewers do) and address whether or not, new or old, something is actually worth your dollar and toy hunt time. I also try to cut as little out as possible because I think it is good to see if something, for example, is a challenging transformation. Again, case in point, I saw lots of reviews for Universe Galvatron and Perceptor when I was still fairly new and people said they aren't great, but no one really showed why, I said to myself, they can't be THAT bad. Oh yes, they are terrible. I showed that specifically in both of those reviews, wayyyy back in episodes 9 and 26 respectively, because hopefully it saves people, especially those new to the fandom, money, and who doesn't like to save money?

Admittedly too, my opinions OFTEN differ from the masses. Case in point, I was pretty disappointed with MP Wheeljack, well, the ko at least. Yet, most people adore him.

So, stop? No, that's not gonna happen, but try to improve close ups? THAT I can attempt. Although, to be fair, I have a few figures recorded already, so I guess you probably won't enjoy those either,lol. I hate extreme close ups. I find that a huge, let's say, Highbrow face on my screen is jarring, personally. For example, I like Emgo, but I skip the extreme close ups. Still, just for you, since you pointed it out. I'll see what I can do.

Larkhainan and funkmasterke said it best, tell me why and be constructive. That's how I get better and I always like hearing what other people think.

Pgianos and The7thParrallel...big thanks and shout out for the support.

If you like what I do, then thank you, whole heartedly. Believe me, it is beyond appreciated and I am indebted. If you don't, well, who knows, maybe one day, in some way, I'll manage to win you over. If not, then enjoy whoever you enjoy and the review styles you like best.

Dang! Who knew that an old man like Alpha Trion could garner so much heat?

Last edited by GotBot; 10-27-2016 at 09:21 AM.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:48 AM   #12
legenddkillaa
Banned

I am please you are considering my criticism. I am only here to help you improve.
legenddkillaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:54 AM   #13
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Naturally. I mean, we are, in the end, all one community, might as well try and build each other up because there are enough people in the world who will try and break others down. I'm also a teacher and an author...if I know one thing, it is how to take criticism and try to use it going forward. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we don't. But, anyone smart attempts to keep it in mind. As I said, the next few reviews are recorded, so they'll go as is, but for stuff to come, at least sometimes, I will see if I can help the cause. In the meantime, keep on collecting!
Old 10-27-2016, 10:13 AM   #14
legenddkillaa
Banned

You are a fine man. I'd love to meet you one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Naturally. I mean, we are, in the end, all one community, might as well try and build each other up because there are enough people in the world who will try and break others down. I'm also a teacher and an author...if I know one thing, it is how to take criticism and try to use it going forward. Sometimes we succeed, sometimes we don't. But, anyone smart attempts to keep it in mind. As I said, the next few reviews are recorded, so they'll go as is, but for stuff to come, at least sometimes, I will see if I can help the cause. In the meantime, keep on collecting!
Old 10-27-2016, 10:42 AM   #15
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
You are a fine man. I'd love to meet you one day.
Haha, the other thing I have learned is never say never.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:03 PM   #16
legenddkillaa
Banned

You have a really hot voice.

Quote:
Haha, the other thing I have learned is never say never.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:08 AM   #17
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

You know, the funny thing is, I have heard that often over the years from many sources and at the oddest times. I don't get it, to me it is just a voice. I have also heard that I speak quickly. I know I have a strong voice that carries, which I guess is good since I kinda talk for a living and need to project. Either way, a compliment is a compliment, so thanks. Hmm, maybe I missed my calling and should have worked in radio,lol.
Old 11-02-2016, 07:42 AM   #18
down_shift
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
mind your own business
Please don't start a flame war. This is my first and only warning.
down_shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 10:09 AM   #19
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

I-I must be out of touch with the slang, but I dunno what that is. So,I'm gonna say no worries, personally, I was just noting that many have said I should be in radio. Like I said, personally, I don't get it, but hey, a compliment is a compliment.
Old 11-02-2016, 12:08 PM   #20
legenddkillaa
Banned

You really do, it's quite sexy.

Quote:
You know, the funny thing is, I have heard that often over the years from many sources and at the oddest times. I don't get it, to me it is just a voice. I have also heard that I speak quickly. I know I have a strong voice that carries, which I guess is good since I kinda talk for a living and need to project. Either way, a compliment is a compliment, so thanks. Hmm, maybe I missed my calling and should have worked in radio,lol.