Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 10-18-2016, 12:06 PM   #1
79transam
Machine War
Why doesn't TRU stock popular items online?

I have been using TRU for a while now for certain pieces to add to the collection and I've come to notice that all the most wanted items are never available.
Never saw a Legends Deadpool. Wolverine. Rogue. Iron Fist. What gives?
Same with Black Series. Never was able to order anything that was out for Black Friday.
Many people aren't close to a TRU retail location and I feel shafted when people are online posting about the awesome pieces they find while their online department dangles all the pegwarmers at premium prices.
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:57 PM   #2
Tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
Tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions
Re: Why doesn't TRU stock popular items online?

The barely stock popular items in store, I've actually had more luck buying from them online than either of my local stores.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
Tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:56 PM   #3
79transam
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekkamanraiden View Post
The barely stock popular items in store, I've actually had more luck buying from them online than either of my local stores.
Seems odd. These figures come in cases so one would assume that along with the pegwarmers, would also be the popular ones. Where do they go and why do they not get fair exposure on their web store?
Old 10-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #4
79transam
Machine War

And with respect to the Black Series, I always see the popular ones listed, and they never show as in stock.

Just a haha look what you can't have. Wth
Old 10-18-2016, 06:03 PM   #5
DCompose
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
Seems odd. These figures come in cases so one would assume that along with the pegwarmers, would also be the popular ones. Where do they go and why do they not get fair exposure on their web store?
The "Popular ones" are purchased when the store opens in the morning by doorcrashers.

The rest are left behind. The problem is with production. If you know that Deadpool is going to be the popular figure in a series, why not pack 2 or 3 a case?

If you want to catch Rare figures, I would suggest the following (and this is coming from someone with 20 plus years experience in the domain)...

1) Get to the store as soon as it opens. You may have to go everyday for a week or 2, but if you want the rewards of the game, you need to be on the field.

2) Tap into the local collector community, sometimes, the can share sightings with you.

3) Go to stores that have smaller populations (city wise). The less scalpers, the better.

4) If you are going to try your hand at the online hunt, get familiar with C4C (Check 4 Change). Crank your speakers and wait...

5) Don't be affraid to ask help from your fellow man. If you need an item, let people know, hell even me, and If I see it, i'll pick it up for you. Do the same when people ask that of you and you can suddenly be in 10 cities at once lol

Kev