Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-19-2015, 09:19 PM   #21
insane666
Generation 2
Re: What's worthy of display?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
Maybe he has one of those wives like the men on TV do (Everybody Loves Raymond, Cosby Show, etc...) where she holds his nuts and doesn't let him do anything she hasn't approved of.

Maybe I'm wrong, but some dude's have that as their wife, I'm glad I don't, but many of my friends, they do.
There you go again. Stirring shit for no reason. What's with you?
insane666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #22
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I display everything, nothing goes in storage. Worthy is whatever I buy and like. Most of the basement is the man cave so I display what I can. In terms of lines it's simple I guess as I'm not sure how to word it. Classics, Unicron Trilogy (only the figures I like not the entire line) TF Prime, Movie verse (again only figs I like) and Masterpiece. Couple of odds and ends like Spider-man/Venom, Street Fighter, Godzilla and Knight Rider with the last few having 1 shelf each. No issues per say from my wife as she collects as well and the living room shelves are her domain for display

Last edited by wervenom; 11-20-2015 at 07:22 AM.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #23
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigimus View Post
...none of that bothers me a single bit because none of it keeps me from eating, sleeping, shitting, etc.
I think most can agree as long as you're doing those things in the right rooms, especially that last one, it's all thumbs up.

'Cause if you're not, that's the answer to the question, "What's worse than the wife opening up a closet and discovering your secret pile of Transformers, as it pours out onto the floor?"
Old 11-19-2015, 10:02 PM   #24
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

Yeah, I have a wife and three kids, two of whom are teenagers, and I still have a room for nothing but my TFs. It's a room in the finished basement and leaves the main basement rec room for the kids, but it's mine and it's FULL of TFs.

We're actually thinking of moving and one of my wife's requirements is that it have a room for me to have my collection in.

That said, display what makes you happy. There is no "worthy" or "unworthy" - only happy.
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:24 PM   #25
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Anything not on display i sell. For me, I don't see a reason to own something if it's not. If something is unworthy of display, why not sell it and get something that is?

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:42 PM   #26
protoform_ironhide
Commander

I don't collect G1 like most of you, and I don't have a 1 million dollar house in Lower Mainland. Space is very limited, Masterpiece and CHUG are the Transformers that I would display. These 2 lines worth to display because they are the best you can get for Transformers.... I would display everything of course if I have the space. All movies are hiding somewhere in my parent's garage.. they just don't worth the space to display at my situation and I DEFINITELY regret collecting them.
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:51 PM   #27
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane666 View Post
There you go again. Stirring shit for no reason. What's with you?
Actually, that was a comment on modern society, not stirring anything, you certainly look to be in the mood to be starting something though. What's with you? I mean really, you're comment can only be taken as a means to start an argument.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 10:56 PM   #28
protoform_ironhide
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by elburrito View Post
My boy grew up and recently moved out. Guess what happened to his room? my wife preserved it in loving memory of our once small child?...ha! Not a chance. Gone complete wall to wall plastic, with a healthy helping of diecast and rubber and yes, magnets! Ahhhgh...ghhhh...f%@# yeah! Better yet, I resist buying TFs so everything there is stuff I "had to have". The problem is I can only hold about two at a time.
I am jealous of you.. I am so looking forward to this day to come
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 02:12 AM   #29
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I am one of the lucky ones when we bought our house this year i made sure i had room even with my growing family. Gotta love a finished attic or basement
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:13 AM   #30
CAF
Banned

I have found that even with about 60 bucks, you could go to Crappy Tire and get a couple tall book shelf thingys on sale and maximize a small space rather neatly. There's a lot of neat ways to utilize a small space to neatly display a decent collection.

I used to have a bunch of my old transformers on the cupboards in the kitchen among some houseplants. It was awesome till I went to move them and realized the cooking leaves a bit of greasy film on them. I burn a lot of what I cook haha
CAF is offline   Reply With Quote