Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Customs and Artwork

Old 03-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #11
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron
Re: Custom Bruticus

If you're going to switch out anyway, then it will be more cost effective to either wait for Hound or get someone to send you one.

Classics Astrotrain works as blast off, you can just ditch the train kibble.

Vortex is one of those trouble characters since we don't yet have a good deluxe helicopter. Many people don't reccomend mixing movie figs with other lines as they dont really match. You could try it though. You might be better off going with Evac.

G2 classics megs isnt' a very good brawl. I would suggest something bulkier like TF crossovers Hulk.
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:12 AM   #12
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECEPTICON_BRAWL View Post
hmmmm never thought about that. but bionicle joints would be floppy with all the weight wouldn't they?
Bionicle ball joints, yes, they are floppy. What you need is the ratcheting type joints (the ones that go "click click click" as you twist them, locking into position with each click. They come in a few exo force sets (they legs/knees/hips of the "iron condor" set is a good one.), and in the knights kingdom sets, the ones that have giant knights (these guys: http://www.bzpower.com/Imaging/stories/Knights1.JPG - you can see the joint on the yellow guy's elbow).

I should note the joints in the exo force sets are just joints, and some of them turn and ratchet at the same time, whereas in the knight's kingdom the joints are mostly molded to larger bricks, and some might just ratchet and not turn because they are molded on. Because they're ratcheting joints they will hold their position unless you try to hold up a leader class figure, those might be too heavy.

I was lucky enough to find an exo force set at value village that had about a dozen of those ratcheting joints in it. You might want to check local thrift stores for any building toys that have ratcheting joints like that.

I can't recall if neoshifters are ratcheting or not...but I know people were using their joints for combiners.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!

Last edited by Bruticus82; 03-13-2009 at 12:15 AM.
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:20 AM   #13
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgertron View Post
If you're going to switch out anyway, then it will be more cost effective to either wait for Hound or get someone to send you one.

Classics Astrotrain works as blast off, you can just ditch the train kibble.

Vortex is one of those trouble characters since we don't yet have a good deluxe helicopter. Many people don't reccomend mixing movie figs with other lines as they dont really match. You could try it though. You might be better off going with Evac.

G2 classics megs isnt' a very good brawl. I would suggest something bulkier like TF crossovers Hulk.
evac.... yes might try that.well i guess i'm going to have to use blades since evac is no longer avalible.

I VOTE FOR A LEADER CLASS FALLEN!!!!!
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #14
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Bionicle ball joints, yes, they are floppy. What you need is the ratcheting type joints (the ones that go "click click click" as you twist them, locking into position with each click. They come in a few exo force sets (they legs/knees/hips of the "iron condor" set is a good one.), and in the knights kingdom sets, the ones that have giant knights (these guys: http://www.bzpower.com/Imaging/stories/Knights1.JPG - you can see the joint on the yellow guy's elbow).

I should note the joints in the exo force sets are just joints, and some of them turn and ratchet at the same time, whereas in the knight's kingdom the joints are mostly molded to larger bricks, and some might just ratchet and not turn because they are molded on. Because they're ratcheting joints they will hold their position unless you try to hold up a leader class figure, those might be too heavy.

I was lucky enough to find an exo force set at value village that had about a dozen of those ratcheting joints in it. You might want to check local thrift stores for any building toys that have ratcheting joints like that.

I can't recall if neoshifters are ratcheting or not...but I know people were using their joints for combiners.
i know what they are i have a bunch.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #15
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus

If you're worried about weight you can always test it out first. Tape them into position (or tie them with string) and see if the joints hold.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:21 AM   #16
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
If you're worried about weight you can always test it out first. Tape them into position (or tie them with string) and see if the joints hold.
i did that it works pretty good but i just don't know how to connect it to the classics g2 megatron.i'll ask my mom if i can use her phone to take pics and then i'll post them here.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #17
chans formers
raff ow roud

Quote:
Originally Posted by DECEPTICON_BRAWL View Post
i did that it works pretty good but i just don't know how to connect it to the classics g2 megatron.i'll ask my mom if i can use her phone to take pics and then i'll post them here.
in four words...dremel....screws and plastic epoxy
Old 03-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #18
Mega-Prime 316
Cybertron

Neo Shifter joints are not ratcheted, how ever they do seem to be tight and hold the weight. I'm currently using them on a project.
Mega-Prime 316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #19
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chans formers View Post
in four words...dremel....screws and plastic epoxy
screws i know but what the heck are the rest?

Old 03-13-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Prime 316 View Post
Neo Shifter joints are not ratcheted, how ever they do seem to be tight and hold the weight. I'm currently using them on a project.
they do do they?