Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-15-2009, 01:17 AM   #21
Pascal
Banned
Re: Official Toy Fare 2009 Discussion

Interesting stuff. I really like Devastator combined but the individual vehicles look like they're made of cheap plastic... I hope we get another Devastator in 2010 with 6 fully transformable components. Unlikely but...
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:49 AM   #22
Mumps
Canadian Slag

Thanks Hasbro. By making devastator the most disappointing toy in the entire RoTF toyline, you have effectively saved me lots of money.

Seriously. Either make the vehicles transform into robots, or don't make it at all >_< I am not a G1 purist. I like beast wars, g1, animated, and the movieverse equally. But come on, this is a step backwards from G1 devastator! This thing has more articulation, but G1 has BOT MODES! ARGH! I would buy a 2ft tall Robot Replica's version of devastator before I buy this piece of trash...

The movie is sure to be awesome. I look forward to seeing Devs kick ass on the IMAX screen. But I am not making any space on my shelf for this toy...
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:11 AM   #23
J.Soundwave
Beast Machine

Buncha complainers.... I agree for the most part on ol' Dev though(although i think he looks alright combined, the no bot modes is just unacceptable!)...if they premium version this thing or something after ppl pay 100$ for it, were gonna have a riot on our hands... Good to see ANI Arcee, and i'll definetly be grabbin the new Soundwave. Also Breakaway looks like somethin i would poop out if i ate a tube of crest toothpaste...nice neck, no neck! Lastly anyone else notice deluxe Rampage looks like a peg legged bonecrusher toy from movie 1 line?

Last edited by J.Soundwave; 02-15-2009 at 03:33 AM.
J.Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:53 AM   #24
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Wow...where to begin...good notes, Animated Arcee and Soundblaster with Ratbat....awesome and Ratbat is a Keytar! Nice 80's nod. Also looking forward to most of the movie line...but damn, I'll have to agree with most people here. That Devastator is friggan disappointing.

I never thought I'd see the day were I was looking forward more to those goofy headed twins over a 2 foot Devastator. Its just an unbelievable disappointment that a properly transforming Devestator couldn't be made. I mean really with all the advancements we've had in recent years in transformers this is just unimaginable....and to think that's going to be over $100 here...I'm kinda of glad though I'll save a lot of money. I'm sure Devastator will look amazing but regardless this figure looks cheap (alt modes and bot mode) and inarticulate. Seriously its even missing 1 of the 7 pieces he'll have in the film and STILL looks nothing like the actual animation model...shame I was really looking forward to him...even if they gave him FAB versioned individual like bot modes it would be an improvement.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:54 AM   #25
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Wow! Some thoughts:

Movie line: whole lotta fail. Yuck. Some molds are okay (Sideswipe, Rampage) but others like Devastator are pure crap. New Big Bumblebee is great but I will be burning the Shia fig... The hillbilly hatchback 'bots are so fucking stupid that it makes me question Bhey's sanity...they look like retarded rejects from "Cars"... but Leader prime is a must buy! I have excitement for most of the basics...neat designs at a good price point.

Universe: Nothing to see here folks! Move along!

Animated: THAT'S ALL WE'RE GETTING!? Oh well it was agreat run! I was hoping for more season 3 toys but it was a great run...maybe one of the best.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:52 AM   #26
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

TFA Soundblaster/Ratbat
BB Human Alliance (Bot mode looks amazing!)

Rampage (like his tread like Omega Red tentacles, not sure about the peg legs?)
SideSwipe (All kinds of awesome, like the back leg pistons)
Springer (Is he in the movie or off-screen? Larger scale would be nice)
KnockOut (Lots of articulation and a sweet bike)

Maybes (paint apps look shizzer, I'll wait for the premiums):
StarScream
OptimusPrime
IronHide

Other Maybes:
Mudflap/Skids (look retarded)
Breakaway (doesn't seem to fit in, too blocky for a movieverse fig?)
Soundwave (too much gray, hope he's got an Earthmode)
Other Scouts

Dislikes:
Devastator (only 6 of 7 parts, out of scale alt modes, 0 individual bot modes, poor articulation, only chance of purchase 80% off clearance)

MIA:
Movie Arcee
Audicon
Ravage
Scorponok
Fallen
Megatron
Wheelie
Barricade
Ratchet
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca

Last edited by CobraCommander; 02-15-2009 at 04:57 AM.
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:15 AM   #27
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

IIRC, Each day features something different. Sunday will probably showcase the Universe and Animated stuff more.

...I can't believe I had hopes for this Devastator. Then again, it's better than Wheelie, I suppose...
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 05:55 AM   #28
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgertron View Post
IIRC, Each day features something different. Sunday will probably showcase the Universe and Animated stuff more.
I hope they do. Really. Can't imagine that's it for the TFA line in 2009. I know they are going to close down the Universe line to make way for the Movie figures but I want to see more... surprise me

Yes, TFA Arcee looks awesome Homage to G1 with a touch of IDW-ness with the blades/swords...

The movie Devastator is a disappointment not because of its strange combined form but because Hasbro didn't make a good "Transformer" out of it IMHO. Individual parts don't transform? WTH? Not to mention the combined figure looks just too blocky compare to the rest of the more "organic" looking movie line. Why don't they just make the 7 individual Yoyagers and Deluxes combine-able instead? If they think doing this will be too expensive for the market that "thing" is not exactly cheap @ $100US. Don't really like the new Ironhide too... so much for "Robots in Disguise" when you stick a BFG on a pickup. And I hope Soundwave has a better Earth mode because that "satellite" mode doesn't resemble anything on Earth. At least Sideswipe and Prime looks good. BTW, where is Jetfire?

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately

Last edited by QuadESL63; 02-15-2009 at 06:02 AM.
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #29
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

wait so is the the combined devs or the other one?i don't get it isn't there supposed to be one devastator that dosen't combine and has lights and sounds?is this that one?

I VOTE FOR A LEADER CLASS FALLEN!!!!!
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #30
DECEPTICON_BRAWL
Autocepticon

and whos rampage?

I VOTE FOR A LEADER CLASS FALLEN!!!!!
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote