Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-07-2014, 12:48 AM   #51
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: Who has seen AOE

There is 2 reasons for that. Everywhere else in the world, that might be the kind of taste they have, which is why Mecha anime is so big. Another reason could be the people who did want to see this either because their a AOE fan or because they were newbs to the live action have already seen it.

I hope it means we'll get it on DVD sooner. I need to watch it again.

Still no one mentions the things they hated that made the movie so bad. :/

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 11:09 AM   #52
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post

Still no one mentions the things they hated that made the movie so bad. :/
Well that might require spoilers so may not be appropriate to give too much details in this thread. There is a separate thread for those details you might be looking for.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #53
screamer
Generation 1

Haven't seen it, don't care for it, & probably never will... the previous crap-fest 3 movies were enough. Reboot already!!!
screamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:38 PM   #54
Metrotitan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I don't understand this mentality, why in the world is it some people watch a movie and then suddenly it's like, oh you know that 1000+ I dropped on Hasbro's product lines for the past few years, sorry I'm just not in to it any more so I'm going to take a loss and ditch this shit as if it's a bad penny.

How can seeing the movie and not likeing it make you hate the toys? They are still pretty darn impressively engineered products and while the continuity they originate from may no longer interest you, wasting cash like that for five + years only to turn around and toss everything aside seems like a pretty senseless way of handling money.
Cause after 4 Movies I'm done with all that is Bay and I need them off my shelves. ASAP. Not saying the toys are terrible, some of them are great, but they no longer have a place in my collection.

As for a "senseless way of handling money" look at it this way: Even if I get SOME of the money back from my Movie toys (I don't have like, a million of them) its still more money than I would get if I kept them, like yourself. I am not enjoying them any more. So they gotta go! It will make some nice shelf space for my Third Party and G2 displays I've been wanting to do!
Old 07-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #55
Trans4mers
Energon

I haven't seen the movie. Probably will see it soon but no major urge to watch. Not planning to get any movie toys at all. The only way I would get these figures are to consider touching them up ( Which all of them need). Highly unlikely considering I got better things to do with my money then buy anymore movie figures.
Trans4mers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 02:44 PM   #56
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions

I have seen the movie... I was left with some answered questions... either, I will have to go see it again which I cannot afford or simply patient until the DVD release...

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
PrimeCron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #57
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrotitan View Post
Cause after 4 Movies I'm done with all that is Bay and I need them off my shelves. ASAP. Not saying the toys are terrible, some of them are great, but they no longer have a place in my collection.

As for a "senseless way of handling money" look at it this way: Even if I get SOME of the money back from my Movie toys (I don't have like, a million of them) its still more money than I would get if I kept them, like yourself. I am not enjoying them any more. So they gotta go! It will make some nice shelf space for my Third Party and G2 displays I've been wanting to do!
I find this view rather fascinating honestly, to think that a franchise once enjoyed could sour so quickly as to see you purging it from your entire collection.

I get that collecting habits tend to change, but sometimes this attitude almost comes off as a kneejerk reaction.

The movies are an acquired taste I'll grant you, I just wonder how many out there can so easily get rid of things they put so much time and effort into acquiring in the first place. In a small way I have done similar things, choosing to refocus my collecting habits, but I have never let how the mythos is handled in the media portion of any franchise I follow make my decision on the figures I choose to get rid of.

If I had felt that way I never would have enjoyed much of the figures I've gotten over the years.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:32 PM   #58
Marcotron
Robot Master

I was waiting to see the movie before deciding on buying any of the toys from it. The dinobots in the film were underutilized, made no sense, didn't speak, weren't named, and came out of nowhere to do nothing, and then disappeared into the same nothingness. Therefore, I likely won't be getting any of the AOE dinobots.

I'd say the only character that I didn't hate was Hound. Once I got past the "he's not a jeep" thoughts, his character wasn't so bad. John Goodman was a good voice cast for him. I'll likely get the toy as it doesn't look like it's a child's toy with all the guns and stuff. Looking forward to the next sale at TRU.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #59
elburrito
Animated

Saw it. Liked it. It is what it is. A couple moments even reminded me of the Transformers.

Sale & Trade

elburrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:57 PM   #60
Markusmaxmus
Beasty
Markusmaxmus's Ebay Auctions

Watched it Thursday night of June 26 and I enjoyed it more then the first 3 and the Wife thought it was lacking something vs the the other 3