Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 03-11-2021, 11:47 AM   #11
Msol
Titanium
Re: SS86 Hot Rod Review (I Really Dislike this thing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
So need advice. I have classics hot rod in two paint jobs and titans returns. Is this new ss86 worth the price? Robot looks show accurate but the vehicle looks meh but I've never seen one in the flesh so just asking those who have actually got it. And now there is the CC rodimus in the mix so just adds to my confusion.
I have a few Hot Rods and this one definitely looks the best. Transformation is pretty fun, and definitely has the best face sculpt of them all.
Msol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:03 PM   #12
Banshee
Energon

Quote:
So need advice. I have classics hot rod in two paint jobs and titans returns. Is this new ss86 worth the price? Robot looks show accurate but the vehicle looks meh but I've never seen one in the flesh so just asking those who have actually got it. And now there is the CC rodimus in the mix so just adds to my confusion.
There's not much to be confused about. It's an amazing figure. you like Hot Rod, get it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210223_141912.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	48705   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210223_140613.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	48706  
Banshee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:14 PM   #13
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
There's not much to be confused about. It's an amazing figure. you like Hot Rod, get it.
Thanks for your feedback. I guess the price is holding me back and I can't even find it at $40 anywhere right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for a sale somewhere! Oh and could you post rear view shots of the vehicle modes? Gonna silver sharpie my tr hot rod wheels to look like your lol.

Last edited by Tiffster; 03-11-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:41 PM   #14
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechai View Post
This review and I couldn't be further apart
Not watching the review but I would say the same regarding the title. I think it's great
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 01:42 PM   #15
Banshee
Energon

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. I guess the price is holding me back and I can't even find it at $40 anywhere right now. Keeping my fingers crossed for a sale somewhere! Oh and could you post rear view shots of the vehicle modes? Gonna silver sharpie my tr hot rod wheels to look like your lol.
Get Molotow chrome pens, they're great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210223_142002.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	48707  
Banshee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:54 PM   #16
Marcotron
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Get Molotow chrome pens, they're great.
The biggest thing that bugs me about this figure is the top of vehicle window. That yellow piece that holds the roof on break up the red part of the top of that canopy. It's a small thing, but for me, it detracts a lot from the look of the car and animation accuracy.
Marcotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 04:11 PM   #17
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcotron View Post
The biggest thing that bugs me about this figure is the top of vehicle window. That yellow piece that holds the roof on break up the red part of the top of that canopy. It's a small thing, but for me, it detracts a lot from the look of the car and animation accuracy.
Yeah, I really hate that too. I hope Reprolabels has a fix for that, lol.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 04:58 PM   #18
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

If you guys see the value, cool. In no way imaginable does the math add up for me to put this thing even near the same company as Cyclonus and Scourge. I don't see close to 40 dollars in value, I struggle to see the deluxe price point of 30 dollars worth of value, to be honest. I love though how people jump to size lol. Watch the video is all I can say. Toward the end, I summarize the objective and subjective criticisms and offer a number of counter points. All the counter points are from other review friends who did love this thing, so I tried to add that balance and I had to ask them because I just, plain don't see this as good, let alone best at being anything. To each their own. If you do see the value, you win,lol. I just gotta call'em as I see'em, and you guys can decide for yourself.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 05:08 PM   #19
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
If you guys see the value, cool. In no way imaginable does the math add up for me to put this thing even near the same company as Cyclonus and Scourge. I don't see close to 40 dollars in value, I struggle to see the deluxe price point of 30 dollars worth of value, to be honest. I love though how people jump to size lol. Watch the video is all I can say. Toward the end, I summarize the objective and subjective criticisms and offer a number of counter points. All the counter points are from other review friends who did love this thing, so I tried to add that balance and I had to ask them because I just, plain don't see this as good, let alone best at being anything. To each their own. If you do see the value, you win,lol. I just gotta call'em as I see'em, and you guys can decide for yourself.
As you say in your video, I'll get it if I can find it on sale cause the robot mode looks cartoon accurate. Not likely anyone is gonna gift it to me tho. I might have missed it in your video, but which hot rod do you prefer?
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:56 PM   #20
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
As you say in your video, I'll get it if I can find it on sale cause the robot mode looks cartoon accurate. Not likely anyone is gonna gift it to me tho. I might have missed it in your video, but which hot rod do you prefer?
To be fair, I think we are still waiting for a truly great version of him. They all have their issues but for function, and despite the headmaster gimmick, at least the TR has a cool looking alt mode, full range of motion and I don't feel like I'm gonna break it, not to mention he was 89 grams at 17.99 vs 77 grams (with every single accessory) at 40 bucks. To each their own but I don't see voyager worthy math here, personally.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote