Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 01-06-2021, 04:17 AM   #11
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions
Re: Was Earthrise (And its Associated Selects and Exclusives) REALLY Worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnimus View Post
Siege also got me back to collecting and its figures as well as those of Earthrise have been some of the best G1 updates since Classics in terms of sculpting and engineering. However, the ever rising price points as well as the well-documented quality control issues have left me no choice but to give up on the hobby. After I get the reissue of Combiner Wars Devastator and the various Beast Wars Kingdom figures I want, I’m stepping away from Transformers again. It’s just too damn expensive for what we actually get.

I'm debating getting the beasties. The show cast is quite small so it's a very feasible and minimal goal for a "display." But even that dozen figures will cost far more than it should. Shrug.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:34 AM   #12
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

There is a reeeaaallyy consistent message here lol.
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 09:31 AM   #13
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Talking Re: Was Earthrise (And its Associated Selects and Exclusives) REALLY Worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
There is a reeeaaallyy consistent message here lol.
Best show ever and they should only make future shows exactly like this over and over again?

Honestly the toys are great, but pricing and availability have really started to hurt the line. I'm interested to see where this goes in the near future.

Last edited by canprime; 01-06-2021 at 09:34 AM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:30 PM   #14
seancuthbertca
Generation 2

Hopefully in 2022 we'll see how distribution is post-Covid. At least for most of the world anyway.
seancuthbertca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 02:21 PM   #15
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Best show ever and they should only make future shows exactly like this over and over again?

LMAO, maybe but since this was about the toyline, the message is a reference to that.

Honestly the toys are great, but pricing and availability have really started to hurt the line. I'm interested to see where this goes in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seancuthbertca View Post
Hopefully in 2022 we'll see how distribution is post-Covid. At least for most of the world anyway.
Can't be any worse. I STILL have innumerable unfilled preorders.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:25 PM   #16
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Other than the horrendous distribution, I thought Earthrise was definitely worth it.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 03:20 PM   #17
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

As someone who is firmly in the 'frustrated as fuck' mindset over the complete clusterfuck of Amazon Exclusives, I will say this much.

What I bought, paid for and received as intended was definitely worth it.

What I wound up dealing with so far with online fuckery, toy swapping and still no Ironhide/Prowl or even any word of if they will ever fulfill the damn Ramjet/Dirge set. The exclusivity of product on Amazon has been SO NOT WORTH IT.

My goal for a 100% complete WFC Trilogy collection to end my 35+ years of Transformers collecting. (I don't count Ages 1-5 since I didn't have any TFs until at least 6) Is going to be a bitch to adhere to. With Siege product coming out in massive quantities I managed to get everything except those last two little fucking Battle Masters and the 35th Optimus Prime Wal-Mart sold out of before I could square the ordering options.

With Earthrise I'm sitting on a bunch of items still to get, all of them which should not have been difficult at all. And just a, Hasbro, sell it all via Pulse and fuck the Amazon Exclusivity deal because they clearly have no concepts of how to handle distributing and releasing the allotments they were given.

So far there are no exclusives listed for Kingdom available for pre-order yet. Hopefully they have learned how to maximize production while minimizing the danger to the worker. And hopefully they put some of these things back into production to continue shipping alongside Kingdom so that EVERYONE has the chance to get what they want.

Collecting this past year has royally sucked. The only good thing about 2021 so far is Pre-Orders are still being delayed perhaps giving us to catch up on the needed funds before things come in.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:38 PM   #18
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
As someone who is firmly in the 'frustrated as fuck' mindset over the complete clusterfuck of Amazon Exclusives, I will say this much.

What I bought, paid for and received as intended was definitely worth it.

What I wound up dealing with so far with online fuckery, toy swapping and still no Ironhide/Prowl or even any word of if they will ever fulfill the damn Ramjet/Dirge set. The exclusivity of product on Amazon has been SO NOT WORTH IT.

My goal for a 100% complete WFC Trilogy collection to end my 35+ years of Transformers collecting. (I don't count Ages 1-5 since I didn't have any TFs until at least 6) Is going to be a bitch to adhere to. With Siege product coming out in massive quantities I managed to get everything except those last two little fucking Battle Masters and the 35th Optimus Prime Wal-Mart sold out of before I could square the ordering options.

With Earthrise I'm sitting on a bunch of items still to get, all of them which should not have been difficult at all. And just a, Hasbro, sell it all via Pulse and fuck the Amazon Exclusivity deal because they clearly have no concepts of how to handle distributing and releasing the allotments they were given.

So far there are no exclusives listed for Kingdom available for pre-order yet. Hopefully they have learned how to maximize production while minimizing the danger to the worker. And hopefully they put some of these things back into production to continue shipping alongside Kingdom so that EVERYONE has the chance to get what they want.

Collecting this past year has royally sucked. The only good thing about 2021 so far is Pre-Orders are still being delayed perhaps giving us to catch up on the needed funds before things come in.
I mean..when you're right...you're right.
Old 01-11-2021, 06:02 PM   #19
Baryonyx
Armada

I pre-ordered almost everything I wanted, and snagged what I could at retail or kept collector buddies apprised of my wants so they could grab 'em for me. I haven't gone without anything I wanted all year, and a lot of it (Sky Lynx, Scorponok) I got with significant discounts.

Looking forward to a year of releases for which I'm just not interested, i.e. Beast Wars.
Baryonyx is offline   Reply With Quote