Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 04-02-2016, 06:38 AM   #1
style
Energon
style's Ebay Auctions
Beast Wars II Fan Subbed is here!

http://youtu.be/SEu7zjpuUdI

All 43 episodes. Above is episode 1!

Or you can download them.
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=799184

Pretty stoked!
Old 04-02-2016, 08:36 AM   #2
kary
Generation 1
Re: Beast Wars II Fan Subbed is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by style View Post
http://youtu.be/SEu7zjpuUdI

All 43 episodes. Above is episode 1!

Or you can download them.
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=799184

Pretty stoked!
Haha thanks for doing that on my behalf I was a little slow and forgot to post here!
kary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:36 AM   #3
kary
Generation 1

We are pleased to announce that Beast Wars II / Beast Wars Special - The 20th Anniversary Collection is now available.

You can find the download link HERE:

What this set includes:

Beast Wars II DVD Box Set in MKV format

All 43 episodes in the original Japanese language with 2 optional sets of English subtitles

The 1st set is with the original Japanese faction names, honorifics, and translated command code for changing modes

2nd set is for casual fans which replaces the Japanese factions names, honorifics, and command code for changing modes into the Western names. Character names remain the same.

Beast Wars Special DVD (3 episodes) in MKV format

Beast Wars Clash Beast Warriors (Japanese language with 2 optional sets of English subtitles)

Beast Wars II Lio Convoy’s Critical Moment (Original Japanese language with 2 optional sets of English subtitles)

Beast Wars Metals (Japanese language with 2 optional sets of English subtitles + 2 Japanese Subtitles (From the original DVD) + original English language)

The 1st set is with the original Japanese faction names, honorifics, and translated command code for changing modes

2nd set is for casual fans which replaces the Japanese factions names, honorifics, and command codes for changing modes into the Western names. Character names are replaced in Beast Wars / Beast Wars Metals with their Western names. The Beast Wars II Movie only replaces Convoy’s name with Optimus Primal.

A Complete Reference Guide
A PDF Format Guide explaining translations, cultural references and information about the series

Extras

Soundtracks (FLAC format)
Beast Wars II, Super Lifeforms, Transformers - CYBER MUSIC - Original Soundtrack
Super Lifeforms, Transformers, Beast Wars II - Hyper Music ~ Soundtrack 2
Movie edition of [Beast Wars ~ Super Lifeforms, Transformers ~ Special] Strongest Music Collection ~ Original Soundtrack

CD Singles (FLAC format)
GET MY FUTURE ・ SILENT MOON - Cyber Nation Network
Yume no Iru Basho ・ Konna Kimochi - Jun Yoneya
SUPER VOYAGER ・ Thank You, Mama - Cyber Nation Network
SPACE DREAMER ・ MY SHOOTING STAR - C.O.A.
WAR WAR! STOP IT ・ CAN WE PLAY OFF - Banana Ice
FOR THE DREAM - Mickey
Hajimari no Uta ・ Hateshinai kono (SORA) e - Katsu Seiji and Kenzō Isurugi
Tamashī no Evolution ・ BA-BI-BU-BE Beast Wars - Hironobu Kageyama / Hironobu Kageyama and The Ba-Bi-Bu-Be Bombers
Ano Yume no Kanata e ・WA! WA! Wonderland - C.O.A.
Sennen no Soldier ・HALLELUYAH - Hironobu Kageyama / Hironobu Kageyama, Mitsuko Horie, and The Ba-Bi-Bu-Be Bombers

Videos (Various formats)
Clean Opening - GET MY FUTURE* (A clean version of the 2nd Opening called “SUPER VOYAGER” was not included in the box set.)
Clean Ending - Yume no Iru Basho
Beast Wars Special Trailer
Beast Wars II Commercials
Beast Wars II Natsukashii no Hero Show (Live Stage Play in Original Japanese language no subtitles)

Images (JPEG format)
Beast Wars II DVD Box Set Scans
Beast Wars Special DVD Scans
Beast Wars II & Special VHS Cassettes Scans
Beast Wars II CD Soundtrack Scans
Beast Wars II CD Single Scans
Beast Wars II Anime Cels
Beast Wars II Tech Spec Cards
Beast Wars II Korean Jan-Ken-Pon Cards
Poster & Flyer Scans

Books & Magazines (CBR format)
Beast Wars II Databook Scans
Beast Wars II Encyclopedia Scans
Beast Wars II The Strongest Playbook Scans
Beast Wars Special Film Book
Bombom Comic Magazine Scans
TV Magazine Scans
Beast Wars II Manga

FAQ (Also known as please read first before asking questions)

Question: What do I need to download this?
Answer: To be able to download these, you will need a BitTorrent client. We recommend Deluge, a simple BitTorrent client that will do the job with no advertisements or hidden surprises.

Once you install the application, you're ready to download from the torrent. Download and open the .torrent file, add it to Deluge, and the application will do the rest.

Once your download is complete, you can view this release with VLC.

Question: Will you release these on DVDs?
Answer: Sorry, we have no plans to do this.

Question: Are you planning on subtitling Beast Wars Neo?
Answer: We have no plans at this time to subtitle Beast Wars Neo. It doesn’t mean that we won’t do it, but we’ve just spent the past year putting together this project for everyone, so we need a break.

Question: Was this series very difficult to translate?
Answer: Yes and no. If a non-native Japanese were to translate this series on their own, there would probably be something lost or misinterpreted in the translation. Thankfully for our team, we have a wonderful friend and teammate named Takae, who is a native born Japanese and fluent in both languages. She, like all of us, is a huge Transformer fan, and took a lot of time out of her busy schedule over the past year to script and translate the first draft of each episode. If there’s anyone you should be thanking for this series to have been translated, it’s her. On top of translating, there’s research that was needed to be done, since sometimes there’s references to old TV shows and movies in the series, and this needed to be explained. All of these instances have been recorded in the translator notes.

Question: Are you planning on translating all of the Japanese dub of Beast Wars and Beast Wars Metals since you have those two specials in the collection?
Answer: No. We did those two special episodes as an bonus for everyone, since they came on the same DVD as the Beast Wars II movie. We felt that doing this would give Western fans an idea on some of the changes to the dialogue that was done. We hope you enjoy them!

Question: Why are some of the character’s names different than certain Transformers fan and resource sites as well as from the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook?
Answer: There are many Transformers fan sites out there which are great resources, with many fans devoting much time to put the information out there to help others understand / fill in the gaps on many different Transformers series. With respect to everyone, fan sites are not official (and neither are we) on how the character’s names are written. There is also some disagreement with how the IDW Beast Wars Sourcebook was created; and how many fans didn’t agree with the way some of the character’s names were spelled and their bios’ were written, since most of reference material was based from a fan page. Additionally, the spelling of some character’s names varies depending on which Japanese media related material you’re looking at. With that in mind, we’ve spelled the characters names on how we as a group felt. With several names such as Tasmanian Kid versus Tasmania Kid, or Autocrusher versus Autocrasher, there’s several ways you can write them into English. Bottom line, it’s how one interprets it based on the katakana characters.

Question: I would like to customize the subtitles for myself; how do I do that?
Answer: There’s a site called MKVToolNix which hosts various tools to extract the subtitles with. Once to extract the files you can edit them with a subtitling program called Aegisub. We’ve also included the fonts we used in the package so that they appear the same in your customized authored version. Generally speaking, most fan groups like to burn or hard subtitle their files into the video to prevent others from using them. However, we don’t follow this same practice and leave ours as soft subtitles, allowing one to turn them on or off while watching.

Question: I’d like to use your subtitles and translate this show into my native language and publicly release this. Are you OK with me doing this?
Answer: Absolutely! We kindly ask that you contact us either by PM, or on our Facebook page before doing so, as well as providing us the credit in the subtitles with your release. The more that others can get to watch and enjoy this series in their native language, the better it is for the entire community.

Question: For some reason, it doesn’t look like VLC is using the fonts properly. How can I fix this?
Answer: You can either copy all the fonts provided in the Extras folder into your fonts folder within C:\Windows\Fonts or right click on each of them included in the package and install them. Unfortunately, since I don’t use either OSX or Linux, I cannot provide any advice on how to install these on those operating systems. However Google can help you with that

Question: Are you getting compensated somehow?
Answer: No. Just as we did Car Robots, Zone and Legends of the Microns, we do these projects for free and for fans to enjoy. This series in particular is considered one of the holy grail's among fans, and we’re excited to be able to finally share it with everyone. We hope everyone appreciates the hard work and hundreds of hours that went into creating this.

Question: I have something I want to ask that wasn’t covered here.
Answer: By all means, do ask, and we’ll do the best we can to answer.
kary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #4
Pascal
Banned

Awesome! Are you doing BW Neo?
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #5
Dangard Ace
Masterpiece

Nice. Always wanted to see this series. Going through Beast Wars right now and I'm throwing this on after I finish BW.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #6
Matrix_Holder
The chosen one

I just downloaded it and it's amazing. Fantastic job. There is soooooo much in this torrent it's amazing.
Matrix_Holder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 04:48 PM   #7
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

Just took a look at the one episode up, and it looks great! Nice and easy to read. Can't wait for it to finish downloading.
Old 04-03-2016, 06:41 PM   #8
Shockwave 75
I drink, & I know things.

So the BW special episodes are just episodes of the regular BW show, but in Japanese?
Old 04-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #9
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Have to give this a try. Thanks guys
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #10
ConvoyGTR
Generation 2

Oh wow, never thought this would ever get translated. Thanks for the hard work!