Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 02-27-2024, 09:33 PM   #3641
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus
Re: GameStop.ca (formerly EB Games) Transformers Sightings and discussion

It does look more cartoon accurate, but that only works if it's consistent (which they are trying for). I've always preferred clear plastic windows though, and I don't think the complaints of it being fragile are warranted. I've broken a variety of Transformers over the years and only a small fraction of those were in spots with clear plastic.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:47 PM   #3642
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyax78 View Post
I pre-ordered this set but not sure if i'll end up keeping it. I was late to the party collecting modern transformers. Started collecting at the beginning of WFC Kingdom, so I missed out on Sunstreaker and Traibreaker. Sunstreaker is going for crazy prices and even Traibreaker is hard to find for a decent price so this might be the best bet to get those two as well as Hound. I already have Jazz and Wheeljack so I'll likely end up selling those two.
Sunstreaker got a figure in the Universe line back in 2008 that was pretty good, and seems to still be selling for fairly cheap on the secondary market. It could be another option for you to get the character.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:22 PM   #3643
Napseeker
Generation 2

$160 for repaints and one new figure. Sheesh. I'll just keep using my Classics Hound or CW Hound in my displays. Not going to incentivize Hasbro to pull this kind of crap again (bundling a much-wanted figure with a ton of cheap repaints) by ordering this set.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 11:13 PM   #3644
kirbenvost
Fortress Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
$160 for repaints and one new figure. Sheesh. I'll just keep using my Classics Hound or CW Hound in my displays. Not going to incentivize Hasbro to pull this kind of crap again (bundling a much-wanted figure with a ton of cheap repaints) by ordering this set.
Fair point, definitely on the fence about this. Might rethink it, it is a really absurd amount to pay for one figure I actually want.
Old 02-27-2024, 11:17 PM   #3645
delrue
Crossover

From what I have seen the biggest reason, outside of Hound, people want this set is the lack of translucent plastic.
delrue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 11:19 PM   #3646
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Am I the only one who prefers painted toon color windshields?
You're not. I kind of like them too. The transparent blue looks cool, but the painted blue has grown on me.

I'm excited for this set, not just for hound, but extra handguns for Sunstreaker and Wheeljack (even if they are reused from the Elita-1 set I think).
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 08:03 AM   #3647
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post

Well the fact that the set is actually cheaper than buying all five of them (if you could) separately at retail price was a surprise.

I have become used to multipacks from Hasbro being the same price, or even higher, as the figures separately at retail, that I am surprised when there is even a slight discount with a multipack.

Also does anyone know if the "windows" will still be clear plastic, just painted? Or will they actually go with solid plastic and paint them? The second option would be better to try and combat the easy breakage of some of the clear plastic parts.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 08:36 AM   #3648
NightshadeX
Robot Master
NightshadeX's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Well the fact that the set is actually cheaper than buying all five of them (if you could) separately at retail price was a surprise.

I have become used to multipacks from Hasbro being the same price, or even higher, as the figures separately at retail, that I am surprised when there is even a slight discount with a multipack.

Also does anyone know if the "windows" will still be clear plastic, just painted? Or will they actually go with solid plastic and paint them? The second option would be better to try and combat the easy breakage of some of the clear plastic parts.
Other painted windows are solid plastic (look up reviews for Buzzworthy Cliffjumper for example) so it should be the same for these as well.
NightshadeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 08:41 AM   #3649
VicRav
Machine War

Because of the solid plastic, Sunstreaker's yellow looks a lot more consistent. Will need to see in hand images for sure, but the Earthrise Sunstreaker had so much variance especially due to the yellow paint on clear plastic.
VicRav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:18 AM   #3650
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by delrue View Post
From what I have seen the biggest reason, outside of Hound, people want this set is the lack of translucent plastic
yuppp

I've bought 86Jazz (never transformed him cause I heard he breaks) & the Toxitron fire guts Jazz (transformed to alt mode once, heard a KEE-RACK upon transforming back, there it is right on the back clear-plastic hinge)

I can't f*ckin wait to have a version of this I can actually play with - 86Jazz can be in the display, G2Jazz is a lesson learned
MAYBE I'll cannibalize parts from this one to/from 86, we'll see
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote