Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #721
PrimeCron
Metroplex
PrimeCron's Ebay Auctions
Re: Post Your Transformers Hauls - 2015 Edition

Scored these awesome figures from Slayback - presenting DX9 Chigurh & DX9 Cocomone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DX9 Chigurh - DX9 Cocomone.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	28751  

Feedback link...
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=27458
Old 06-08-2015, 09:57 AM   #722
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Picked up CW Huffer yesterday and AOE Lockdown today. On a side note the Brampton TRU & Walmarts are lucky that I don't generally use the scanning code of practice on them for things I know the prices of otherwise I would have picked up 4 Motormasters and a YOTG Prime for $50 total. Bugs me when associates don't bother to stock in the correct places

Actually you couldn't. Ignoring the pricing issues, the code clearly states that you can only get the discount on one item if you buy multiple identical items.

So you could get a $10 discount on one MotorMaster and have to pay the "regular" price on the other MotorMasters.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #723
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Actually you couldn't. Ignoring the pricing issues, the code clearly states that you can only get the discount on one item if you buy multiple identical items.

So you could get a $10 discount on one MotorMaster and have to pay the "regular" price on the other MotorMasters.
True but the MM's were showing the generic tag of $10. And it would work as there being 4 I would get the first one for "free" since it is $10 or under. The code states that they have to sell it to me for the $10 for the rest. They can't jack it up to the 34.99 price because it's their mistake (and trust me I have been through this many times at Walmart) but like I said I can't knowingly take advantage of it
Old 06-08-2015, 12:08 PM   #724
MahtimusPrime09
Shut up, Rattrap
MahtimusPrime09's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeCron View Post
Scored these awesome figures from Slayback - presenting DX9 Chigurh & DX9 Cocomone
Love that hobby rule!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:19 PM   #725
canprime
Nexus Maximus
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
True but the MM's were showing the generic tag of $10. And it would work as there being 4 I would get the first one for "free" since it is $10 or under. The code states that they have to sell it to me for the $10 for the rest. They can't jack it up to the 34.99 price because it's their mistake (and trust me I have been through this many times at Walmart) but like I said I can't knowingly take advantage of it
Actually the generic tag is the loophole. They can deny you based on that because it is not specified as to what the item is exactly.

Unless I am mistaken, what exactly did the tag say?

Also don't kid yourself if you think filing a complaint matters. Unless it was a large scale issue and not a one time issue at one store, you won't get satisfaction from the government agency.

I say that after watching my sister go through the complaint process for over a year for a piece of furniture valued at almost $1000 from a chain store. In the end she gave up because it was going nowhere fast and she realized she was spending more time and energy than it was worth.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:20 PM   #726
Pascal
Banned

Quote:
But was MM scanning at $10? If not, you would have only gotten one with $10 off.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:30 PM   #727
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Actually the generic tag is the loophole. They can deny you based on that because it is not specified as to what the item is exactly.

Unless I am mistaken, what exactly did the tag say?

Also don't kid yourself if you think filing a complaint matters. Unless it was a large scale issue and not a one time issue at one store, you won't get satisfaction from the government agency.

I say that after watching my sister go through the complaint process for over a year for a piece of furniture valued at almost $1000 from a chain store. In the end she gave up because it was going nowhere fast and she realized she was spending more time and energy than it was worth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
But was MM scanning at $10? If not, you would have only gotten one with $10 off.
Just to make it easy without going into a lot of details Walmart was were I worked so I know how they handle the scanning code. The tag said Transformers generations. It scanning at $10 isn't relevant. What happens is I find it on a label for $10 and take it to the cash. It then scans as 34.99 and I tell them it's on a shelf listed at $10 and they have to sell it to me for the $10 BUT they knock the $10 off being free. If I so choose I can then buy the rest at the $10 price tag. The loophole is (with regards to the furniture or anything else) is the scanning code is a "practice", it's not a law so as a consumer you can push the issue but you can't really enforce it. At the end of the day it will be the stores/business discretion as to what they do. The manager can say no but with a lot of customers where I was at it only takes one call to the Store Manager or District Manager and you WILL be giving it to them and a $50 gift card as an inconvenience.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:23 PM   #728
sarmick01
Canadian Slag

Wow, all this over toys.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:56 PM   #729
Grimtron
Generation 2

Got Perfect Combiner Hands for Menasor from Slay
Old 06-08-2015, 09:58 PM   #730
Spacemonkey
Energon

I received Brakeneck and Quickslinger from Automaton this morning.