Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 06-26-2008, 08:17 PM   #11
Protoman
The Legend
Cool Re: Question...

Now now boys, play nice. Knock Russ all you will, but let me tell you, if you WANT something G1 and your at TFcon, he will be the guy to have it. I have been to plenty of toy conventions and run quite a few myself back here in Montreal, and I have never seen a dealer that had that much merchendise based on a single line that stretched over 15+ dealer tables (and our cons have Star Wars dealers). The fact that it's Transformers is even more amazing. I bought some stuff from Russ at TFcon that honestly was not expensive ($12 bucks for great condition Pretender Thunderwing box is amazing)
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #12
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ
Re: Question...

Maybe his prices would be better if he didn't have such a large staff?

Either way at least you have a choice, either buy from him or don't.

I personally like to do my G1 shopping with vectorsigma2, he treats customers like #1
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #13
Wodicus
Beasty

Yeah, that is true. He does have the best selection I have ever seen (granted that isn't a lot), but I thought some of his prices were quite good. OF course at the same time some we way to high IMO. However, if I were made of money I would of dropped a lot at his table.
Wodicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:27 PM   #14
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

i ask prices for things i'm looking for but i'm used to being shocked lol

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #15
Pascal
Banned

I have nothing against the guy, I don't know him at all. I was just surprised at the pricing and the claimed condition of his stuff.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:57 PM   #16
Stormrave
Machine War

I got 3 find-your-fate books from him for $5 each which was relatively proportional to what I paid for them at botcon 2002...

At any rate, people can sell for whatever they want, it's up to buyers to ask 1. can I get it cheaper elsewhere or do I want to pay the bucks to get it now, 2. is its condition worth the price or can I get it better for the same price/the same condition cheaper elsewhere and am I willing to wait for it.

I bought my toys elsewhere, but I'm pleased with my books.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #17
-KG-
Kranix

I've bought a couple of things from him in the past. He's a friendly guy but his stuff is a bit on the expensive side. I paid a premium for the stuff I wanted, mainly because I wanted to buy them in person, and his where by far the best condition items I could find. There is nothing else I want that I would overpay for though. So I won't be buying anything else unless his prices go down. At last years Fan Expo he wanted to sell me a MIB Sunstreaker for $200.

-KG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 03:58 PM   #18
Vangelus
Beast Machine

I thought a bunch his prices were a little nuts, but his sheer volume of stuff was really quite impressive.

And yeah, no need to outright hate on the guy, especially if he has the fortitude to come in at 3am and set up that behemoth gestalt of a booth.
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:44 PM   #19
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

I find a lot of his stuff kinda over priced. Especially weapons. He wanted $30 for a Blurr Sheild and $17 for a Blurr gun, but yet you could buy a complete Blurr from him for under $50...Odd.

I really wanted to buy a Gnaw from him, but a $110 is way too steep even when you factor in shipping from an Ebay purchase, especially a Gnaw with loose joints.

He's not much of a haggler either. Nice enough Guy though.

Cheers!
-Ian
Cheers Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:57 PM   #20
RavageX-9
Generation 2
RavageX-9's Ebay Auctions

huh... well I guess that's why there was nothing for me in the dealer room this year. Most of it was expensive G1 stuff. *yawn*
I spent around $80, and most of that was for a poster and a few of those knockoff Smallest skyraiders. That's honestly about it.

I dunno if he makes enough sales to make this all worth it, or if he's just too greedy to let it go for less,
but here's a hint to sellers: if you see people looking through your stuff, but no one buying anything, your prices are probably too high. I don't even bother making offers when the prices are two or three times what I expect to pay.
although I should maybe tell them when I find their prices too high, in case they just think I'm not interested in the figures.
RavageX-9 is offline   Reply With Quote