Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-06-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
So, just so I know, when FT releases something "limited" like FT-10X, is that it?

Hi, so, just so I know, when FT releases something "limited" like FT-10X, is that it, the end, or do they do reissues down the road?

Thanks!
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:15 PM   #2
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus
Re: So, just so I know, when FT releases something "limited" like FT-10X, is that it?

Hard to say, but if I had to guess, the X models are limited. FT-29T Quietus sold out pretty much everywhere and I haven't seen a restock. The reason FT-10X is still in stock is mainly because of the price (it costs a lot more than most of their figures). FT-16M Sovereign has sold out quite a few places too, so we'll see if FT releases anymore.

On the whole, most FT figures rarely get reissued.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 12-06-2019 at 11:45 PM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:34 AM   #3
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Re: So, just so I know, when FT releases something "limited" like FT-10X, is that it?

Well I was all ready to bite down hard and hit buy, but I saw a review and while I loved the deeper reds, and the somewhat minimal metallic didn't bother me, the bizarre fact that they put out a "metallic" Jetfire, but gave him non-metallic eyes, when the original had beautiful metallic eyes, is beyond my comprehension.... I guess I'd want 10's painted eyes, in X's body. lol.

I guess I'll wait. Although someone posted I think in the comments of Emgo's review of 10 that you can email Fanstoys and order a flight stand. I wonder if you can order a set of 10's painted eyes? lol Probably not, which quite frankly, my bank account is thanking me right now.

To bad. He was one of my favorites. I sort of feel the same about FT's Omega. He's almost great, until you see the knee wobble....
Old 12-08-2019, 02:07 AM   #4
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Have you tried checking Ebay lately? Some of the really well known China sellers still have FT-10 Phoenix in stock. Here's a link to one that I recently saw:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F223781090663

They are selling Phoenix for $318 CAD.

I've purchased from this seller before and have had a positive experience. They have a good rating and have over 21,000 reviews.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:16 AM   #5
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Well I was considering seeing where 10 goes in price as people "upgrade" to X and may want to sell their 10's. The price should, at least temporarily, go down.

One would hope..... lol

Also, and I have no idea about this because I've never done it, but some people do do custom repaints, so, since it's a 3P already, snazzing him up, if done well probably wouldn't be as big a deal as it would be altering a Takara. Of course, you'd probably have to have an airbrush, and a decently good one, and I don't.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:39 AM   #6
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Does anyone here have the X yet? I wanted someone to confirm that his painted eyes are much more flat compared to the "flat" original 10. (which boggles my mind BTW)
Old 12-09-2019, 12:46 AM   #7
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Does anyone here have the X yet? I wanted someone to confirm that his painted eyes are much more flat compared to the "flat" original 10. (which boggles my mind BTW)
Here's a direct comparison between both versions from YouTube:

https://youtu.be/B6h_US_syew
Old 12-09-2019, 06:49 PM   #8
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Just out of curiosity, do you think if I found someone with an airbrush, would they be able to reproduce the originals eyes, or is that beyond what can be done by a consumer? I've never modded a model before.

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2019, 07:00 PM   #9
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you think if I found someone with an airbrush, would they be able to reproduce the originals eyes, or is that beyond what can be done by a consumer? I've never modded a model before.

Thanks!
You might be able to. If the head has a screw in it, you might be able to take it apart, remove the eyes, paint them and then just put them back in. I'll check my copy of Phoenix and I'll let you know if there's a screw in the back of the head that can be removed.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:18 AM   #10
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
You might be able to. If the head has a screw in it, you might be able to take it apart, remove the eyes, paint them and then just put them back in. I'll check my copy of Phoenix and I'll let you know if there's a screw in the back of the head that can be removed.

It can come apart because the whole eyes are 1 piece. I think Emgo shows it on a pre-production model he got where he switched out the gloss eyes for a set of lightpipe ones you can put in instead. So it IS doable, I just don't know if you can get that kind of paint.