Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #1
laffy
Crossover
RE: Purchasing error's

Is it just me or am I the only one that thinks that if a store was to make a error in pricing that You would let them know about it rather than take advantage of it and in return "say" give away the so called product . For the life of me over the last year we hear all these story's about how one would return broken products bought from a online stores than returned to a local store rather than spending time and money having to return it back to the online store they bought it from.... and most don't see anything wrong with it. but omg if a scalper is so called cleaning the shelf's omg its the end of the world... Sorry I just had to vent as I work in retail myself I just get so mad at some of the tails posted in these and all forms thinking that's its okay to screw local stores or even stores in general.
Old 11-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
laffy
Crossover
Re: Purchasing error's

Look at repo labels the fine guys are doing a great gift selling mp wheeljacks labels for 1c and theirs many guys buying lots and reselling them. I just don't understand the thinking in this.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:53 PM   #3
laffy
Crossover

To comment on the post about keeping my options to my self well all I hear all the time is ways to mess around and scam the retails out of their hard earned money. I hope that all that thinks this is good to do, crys when say Tru shuts down or others start to raise the prices more to combat this
Old 11-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #4
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

One that always got me was the picking up of product the day before a sale starts, then returning to price match the next day.

No rules being broken, and certainly in part the responsibility to the retailer(who puts out the sale product a day early), but it still always bugs me

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #5
laffy
Crossover

FYI just in case, I've started this tread to keep the sitings area clean. Maybe next time the members need not to brag about his free 13 jet fires. Or others scamming venders over return stock thank good most are not like this as it really puts a black eye on our Hobbie
Old 11-10-2014, 12:08 AM   #6
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
One that always got me was the picking up of product the day before a sale starts, then returning to price match the next day.

No rules being broken, and certainly in part the responsibility to the retailer(who puts out the sale product a day early), but it still always bugs me
Yes that's a issue but it's the ones that go and by that product that's cheeper and than return that exact toy to the other store that they paid more for and got their full money back.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:47 AM   #7
steamwhistle
Crossover

It's a question of morality -- and it's an interesting debate, for sure.

I do disagree with taking extreme advantage of an error... Ordering 13 Jetfires really is overboard... I probably wouldn't do that myself.

At the same time, if I happened to order one and the charge never came up on my credit card, I don't think I would be trying to call Walmart months later to try to explain their error and make payment.

Also, there is no way that I would buy an item from one store (chain), and then return it to another. I can see how other might view all retailers as one huge conglomerate against which to battle for deals... but I don't think it is morally correct... the worst are the stories we have heard for people buying an item, replacing the contents with a lesser item, and then returning it... Can you imagine being a kid opening a gift on Christmas morning and finding some used junker? Pure evil.

I do get annoyed about buying things and then seeing them on sale a mere days or weeks later... I used to not bother with returning to a store to price match, but then it happened so often that I started to feel ripped off -- like a store was taking advantage of me by overpricing things regularly...
Old 11-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #8
steamwhistle
Crossover

I think, overall, I have less of an issue with on-Line $$ errors than I do in-store $$ errors. In-store, I feel like there is a person whose employment might be at stake. (Of course, the same can be said about on-line shopping, but in-person, I feel the effect is greater).

It has happened numerous times that I have been in a store and purchased something with cash, and I was given too much change. Most of the times when I point out the error and return the overage, the cashier responds with a "thank you". I know some retailers charge the worker if there is an error in the till at the end of their shift, so that's why I point it out. Every now and then when it happens, I'll have a cashier who gets offended and insists they are correct. When that happens I say "Perhaps you're right" (or something to that effect), and continue on with my life with the extra $$ in my pocket. One time in retail, it was an extra $10.

One interesting occurrence was while making an in-person withdrawal at a bank... I noticed I was given and extra $50 bill and pointed it out and asked the teller to re-count. She re-counted and then thanked me for pointing it out. Later that evening the bank called me and asked me about my withdrawal and I explained what happened. A few weeks later I saw the teller working at a Swiss Chalet.
Old 11-10-2014, 02:49 AM   #9
laffy
Crossover

I work at futures hop and I've seen many thing go on their and the stuff that cheep as try to pull of are mind blowing and it hurts me to think that men in this group do this all the time and bat it out like there the kings and all but don't worry I'm having a draw to give a couple away or to give to the needy .it not right it's steeling and karma will be at your back door sometime soon
Old 11-10-2014, 02:54 AM   #10
laffy
Crossover

I've got one better stop posting this shut in these forms and go live with your self and keep saying it's not steeling some day you will be a victim too and please don't cry to us for help
Closed Thread