Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-23-2018, 01:37 PM   #21
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here
Re: MP-44 @ Amazon Japan

Anyone know how long that sales price is good for?
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #22
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
As long as Amazon Japan still accept preorders, or revised the price. I have no idea when it will stop. Just do it and cancel it later if you changed your mind later.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #23
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Hard to say. How it works is if you preorder it and the price drops on Amazon, they will charge you the lowest price. If you decide not to preorder it, then you will have to pay whatever price the item is listed at. Long story short, it's better to preorder the figure while it's cheap so that you're guaranteed that sale price.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:59 PM   #24
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Hard to say. How it works is if you preorder it and the price drops on Amazon, they will charge you the lowest price. If you decide not to preorder it, then you will have to pay whatever price the item is listed at. Long story short, it's better to preorder the figure while it's cheap so that you're guaranteed that sale price.
Agreed!

Looking for:
Old 12-23-2018, 05:41 PM   #25
MitchPoer
Double Spy

Preorder it now from amazon. With the preorder lowest price policy it may even go down in price, my preorder for beast wars megatron went down 40$ since i ordered it. Shipping from amazon japan is also very cheap and customs are paid upfront so no surprise.
MitchPoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #26
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Seems you need a new account. I can't use my Canadian one for the Japan site.

BTW, any truth to the rumors that Hasbro will be releasing an identical MP-44 but with quotes from the voice actor? I'd like to believe it, but after they released Rodimus with a cardboard cutout for a trailer I don't have a whole lot of faith in Hasbro.
Old 12-24-2018, 11:11 AM   #27
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Seems you need a new account. I can't use my Canadian one for the Japan site.

BTW, any truth to the rumors that Hasbro will be releasing an identical MP-44 but with quotes from the voice actor? I'd like to believe it, but after they released Rodimus with a cardboard cutout for a trailer I don't have a whole lot of faith in Hasbro.
Peter Cullen’s voice clips is just a rumor for now: I couldn’t find a concrete proof. Even if the US/Cadn. one did have it, does it really justify the pretty huge difference in price? I guess only you can decide.

Like others have mentioned you can cancel your Amazon Japan preorder anytime before it reaches the preparing for shipping stage.

Looking for:
Old 12-24-2018, 02:06 PM   #28
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Peter Cullen’s voice clips is just a rumor for now: I couldn’t find a concrete proof. Even if the US/Cadn. one did have it, does it really justify the pretty huge difference in price? I guess only you can decide.

Like others have mentioned you can cancel your Amazon Japan preorder anytime before it reaches the preparing for shipping stage.
I also haven't heard anything about them changing the voice clips for the NA version. I think they will change nothing because on the NA website that are selling MP-44, it's still branded as Takara Tomy. If this had Hasbro's name on it, then maybe we would be getting Cullen's voice clips.
ssjgoku22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 11:47 AM   #29
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here

Ya even as a total noob to the MP line I agree that if it's Takara, it won't have any English voice actors on it.

Edit: Little off topic, but with all the Optimus's, Hotrod's, Rodimus's, and Megatron's, I wish they would do a nice Galvatron!

Last edited by Darkmatter; 12-27-2018 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2018, 12:40 PM   #30
OldOfflineMan
Beasty
OldOfflineMan's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadESL63 View Post
Open an account (if you shopped at amazon.ca it is there already, I think. It has been a while for me so I could be wrong) and order like what you always do on amazon.ca. You can switch the language to English if you wanted. They accept our credit cards so shop until you drop dead! The prices on product pages are not the one we will pay because these included the sales tax in Japan that we don’t have to pay. Noted that they don’t ship everything to Canada especially things sold by their local marketplace sellers. Luckily they ship MP-44 globally. You have no choice on the shipping method since Amazon Japan uses DHL for global shipments exclusively. However, shipping charge is extremely reasonable (only 1200 yen for MP-44) even if you don’t consider the speedy delivery - I always got my orders in 3 days and I live in Toronto. They do withhold sales tax for you so you don’t pay anything at delivery (just like when we order from amazon.com and have things sent across the border).
I had to create an account separately on co.jp. It didn't recognize my .ca account.