Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 08-01-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
RustyTruck
The Vixatron
Talking First TFCon a Success

Just posting a quick thank-you to everyone who attended the convention for making our first TFCon a fabulous experience. On the drive back home, my friend and I were already talking about next year!

Everyone was very friendly and we met a lot of great people. You might have seen us around, I was dressed as Starscream and my good friend was Megatron, and we were very glad we decided to cosplay. I felt like giggling every time I heard a kid say "That's STARSCREAM! And MEGATRON!!" The enjoyment kids got out of the costumes made them worth it. And we got to challenge Optimus to a fight.

We both got a great haul, I finally got the re-issue die cast Prowl I've been digging around for, plus a TF United Kup and Reveal the Shield Cyclonus+Nightstick. My friend got her United Blurr, Transmetal Rattrap, and yet another Hot Rod. I would have loved to get the TF United or Generations Wheeljack, but beggars can't be choosers and my wallet was already starting to hurt.

Garry, Paul and Simon were absolutely wonderful. I don't think I've ever met nicer people! We got a drawing signed by both Garry and Paul, and Simon Furman signed a comic to the both of us. I've been to Anime Conventions in the past, but they were nothing like this.

So looking forward to next year! I hope everyone had as good a time as we did!

P.S. - If my wings hit you at any point in time, I am so sorry. I forgot to watch them once or twice.
RustyTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: First TFCon a Success

Great to see you two at TFCon!

Your costumers were really great, and yes, the kids found you two very entertaining. Were you tired of posing for pictures by the end of the weekend?

Hope to see you again next year!

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
Metroplex79
Little Guy with Firepower
Talking Re: First TFCon a Success

Glad you and your friend enjoyed yourselves, and hope you're back next year.

There was a close call with your wing, but it's ok.

I didn't say anything, I figured it was happening to more than just me.

A team that's only a shell of its former self
Savage Blitzkrieg Squad [MIC]

Metroplex79 is a good and safe city to do business in!!! Take the tour.
These people stopped by:
Cybertron.ca feedback thread

New and old buyers welcome here:
Cybertron.ca sales thread
[CONTINUING POST-TFCON UPDATE]
(last update: Feb 12/14 @ 9:15am EST, slight edit)
Metroplex79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Ultra Maverick
The Bow Tie Guy

Glad you could make it this year,
this was my 5th year attending and it just gets better and better.

See you there next year!
Ultra Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #5
zuffyprime
Fortress Maximus

So great to hear that both of you had an amazing time Even happier to hear that you found everyone was happy and welcoming.

You know, there is something special and unique that cosplayer's bring to the con. They add that intangible element of wonder, for children and adult fans alike. So thanks to both you and your friend for taking the time to make those cool costumes, and you guys acted the part well at the costume competition.

Looking forward to seeing what characters you'll be next year!
cheers
zuffyprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
transforminator
Destroyer

have to say you guys were really something! loved your costumes and how at one point you guys posed for the camera where your friend (as megs) was about to blow your face lol awesome shot! this was my first TFCon as well, and you guys just made it that much better!

Looking forward to seeing you guys next year with whatever wacky costumes you guys decide to wear lol

-Transforminator
transforminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:45 PM   #7
Nightscrabbler
mississaugascrabble.com

The best thing about the costumes is that they make people so happy, they add to the nostalgia and excitement of the event. It makes me happy that it's TFcon and not Super Sci-fi Expo 29. I did see you and your friend, excellent work! See you next year.
Nightscrabbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:57 AM   #8
RustyTruck
The Vixatron

Holy responses, Batman. I don’t feel like fiddling with the multiquote tool while half asleep, so forgive my noobishness.

Bruticus82 – I’m glad they did :3 I remember one kid was elated that he got to pick on ‘Starscream.’ As for the pictures, we never got tired of those! Just means we did a good job J Made wearing long sleeves in the heat worth it lmao.

Metroplex79 – Sorry about that! They were a little more uncontrollable than I anticipated, especially in the dealer’s room. But after the grief they gave me I was too stubborn to take them off lol

Ultra Maverick – Haha, likewise!

zuffyprime – Thanks and your welcome, lol. The costume competition was fun, even if we both stressed out after it XD the panic attack came a little bit late, likewise for the live script reading. It was worth it, but I’m still questioning why I went on stage lmao. As for next year....

transforminator – We loved that pose! Should have done it more at the photo ops, lol. Glad you enjoyed the costumes! And, continuing from a above, as for next year....think explosions and scientists.

Nightscrabbler – That’s why we cosplay. I’m even more excited for next year just from the reaction we got this year. Looking forward to the next year :3
RustyTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:01 AM   #9
vectorsigma2
Machine War

now if only TFCON was twice a year..Sigh
vectorsigma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:11 AM   #10
cannabisprime
トーランスフォムー!

I saw you and your friend a few times during the weekend, Rusty Truck; great costumes both of you. Glad to hear you had a great time. Thanks to you both and the other cosplayers for adding to the TFCon experience!
cannabisprime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first tfcon 2011