Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews

Old 12-09-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
Longshot
Pretender
Mastermind Creations Reformatted R-08 Azalea the Avenger

This was one of those figures that I wasn't too sure of about picking up. Hasbro is releasing Arcee and I already scored the one from Perfect Effect so what would I do with another one?
After staring at the pictures floating around the web I decided to just give in and get it. I'm glad I did.

Nicely packaged, the front cover is magnetic and opens to reveal Arcee sealed neatly in plastic prison.
Once the packaging was cracked open, Arcee was included with her dual pistols and laser swords and a small flight stand for when she is in her hover car alt mode.
The instruction manual is a combined with a comic and what I'm guessing to be a advanced look at their Impactor figure.

Arcee has some really good articulation. It is ridiculous how well her joints move around and that's due to some well placed ball joints and swivels.
Arcee's hip tabs allow her to either store her pistols or swords but there is an additonal pair of tabs on her "secondary" pink wings that can house the swords.
According to the Tuna Standard, Arcee is not the biggest bot nor the heaviest weighing in at a paltry 47 grams.

The alt mode is decent but the back end is opened up after the transformation and is somewhat covered up by her weapons that are mounted around there.

Here's a comparison shot of MMC's Arcee and Perfect Effect's Arcee. Which one do I prefer? I like both for various reasons. PE's offering has some really nice materials like diecast parts and the alt mode as a motorcycle is really stunning. MMC has the more accurate version and poseability. But If I had to choose I would go with MMC (by a thin margin).
At the end of the day I'm glad that MMC released Arcee because she will form the basis for R-10 Eupatorium the Warrior (Elita One) the only femme bot that truly has my heart.
Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 11:29 PM   #2
DuG
Titanium
Re: Mastermind Creations Reformatted R-08 Azalea the Avenger

Thanx for the review. I picked up this figure because I wanted an IDW Arcee and this was the best representation of her in my mind.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #3
BoNKerS
Animated

Nice review!

I also have the PE version. I like them both but as you said MMC takes it for me. The articulation cannot be beat!!

3 of this mold and still counting!
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:04 AM   #4
Longshot
Pretender

So far MMC has done a great job with Arcee, though I think the price was a little steep. Personally, if they had lowered the price by another $10-15 it would sell like hotcakes.
Hasbro really has their work cut out for them but their big advantage will be the price of Arcee once it gets released into the wild.
Old 12-10-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
chovner
Titanium
chovner's Ebay Auctions

lol tuna standard
chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:05 PM   #6
NeoMatter
Generation 1

Thanks for the review. I'm still waiting for mine. Still kicking myself for not seeing Hasbro's Arcee, Chromia and Windblade going for $10 each (sold out now) at Walmart. For that price, I can overlook any flaws that the molds may have.

But this Arcee looks way better in my eyes than the Hasbro one. I understand it's based on IDW's design (never read the comics). Wish it was 'bigger' though.
NeoMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #7
Longshot
Pretender

Bigger would have been nice but it scales well with Generations Springer I guess.
Old 12-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #8
DuG
Titanium

I also find that it scales well with MP Prowl.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #9
NeoMatter
Generation 1

I finally got Azalea today in the mail! Man, no kidding about the 'delicate' part. I felt I might break her during the transformation. It took me a little over an hour to transform her! My fault as I'm a little OCD when it comes to things not being pegged in properly.

This is also my very first third party TF. Definitely love the alt mode. A little different from what Longshot posted when you have everything properly pegged in. It looks exactly like the image on the box.

I'll post pics of it when I have a chance.
Old 12-30-2014, 12:00 AM   #10
NeoMatter
Generation 1

Sorry, forgot about posting the pics here.

Here are the shots of her alt mode with weapons:

Without weapons: