Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #411
Ozrein
Stunticon
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

If items are missing from catalogues, should I mention that using 'report' or post here or..?
Old 12-10-2011, 12:43 AM   #412
vohkuhl
Cybertron

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
Do you remember what action caused the "Sorry, you can't do that" message to appear?

We're working on building collection profiles and filtering options. You can guess what collection profiles will do =P Filtering options will enable you to show only certain products, like only products you have, or only products whose Character is Megatron, etc.

Sound good?
Makes sense, I was selecting some of the TF catalogues eg. Victory (other ones as well) and lastly sounds good
Old 12-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #413
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozrein View Post
Oh and I just signed into the site and I dont see any difference between Buy and Collect portions of the website (clicking on either yields no visual cue that or in one mode or the other). (I'm on Win Vista w/ Explorer 9, I know it's not the best out there but it's all I got).
When you switch between Buy and Collect modes, does a green notification not appear for a couple of seconds under the search bar, saying that you've switched modes?

There isn't a huge difference between Buy and Collect modes at the moment. That's going to change in the coming weeks, though. Soon, Collect mode will list your products by condition and completion, show photos that you've uploaded, display detailed statistics about your collection, etc.

Quote:
Also the have/want buttons will only flicker on if I have my cursor at the exact right spot on the side of the picture, then if I time it right, I can click on them but if I scroll over to a different item, they'll flicker off again and I have to rinse and repeat.
That's a pain in the ass. Sorry about that. We'll look into that immediately. In the meantime, do the Have/Want buttons appear if you put the mouse over the bottom of photos?

Quote:
And sorry one last thing, not all the options from the left or side menu are shown on the browse menu (near the top middle), I was looking specifically for the Animated and Energon lines.
Good catch! I've just added those to the mega-menu. If you find that any others're missing, let us know.

Quote:
Again, sorry for my posts sounding like I'm being negative. I'm hoping this site becomes the site to use for easy and convenient recording of collections with easy access to the market to expand (or sell). I guess I'm just hoping that easy and convenient part gives me the tools to keep track of my collection the way I'd like to keep track of it.
Keep the feedback coming, mate! We love it. When things irk you, we want to know about it. We're building ShelfLife as much for you guys as for us, so when something irks you, don't hesitate to tell us.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:16 AM   #414
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
If items are missing from catalogues, should I mention that using 'report' or post here or..?
Using the "See an error? Report it!" button would be fantastic, Ozrein. That'll send the message to the catalog's curator, who will take care of the report. Thanks!
Old 12-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #415
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vohkuhl View Post
Makes sense, I was selecting some of the TF catalogues eg. Victory (other ones as well) and lastly sounds good
Pretty sure we squashed that bug now. Thanks for telling us. Have a great weekend!
Old 12-10-2011, 01:45 AM   #416
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Hey Sureshot22. The Have/Want buttons should show up if you move your mouse near the bottom of each product photo. Let me know if that's not happening for you.
I just looked into this some more, and you're right! When viewing a catalog in IE 8 (and probably 9), the Have/Want buttons don't appear on hover for products that you don't already have or want.

We'll get this fixed tomorrow. Sorry about this, everyone!
Old 12-10-2011, 03:48 AM   #417
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
When you switch between Buy and Collect modes, does a green notification not appear for a couple of seconds under the search bar, saying that you've switched modes?
No, I dont see any notification at all when I switch between buy and collect.

Quote:
That's a pain in the ass. Sorry about that. We'll look into that immediately. In the meantime, do the Have/Want buttons appear if you put the mouse over the bottom of photos?
I played around with it a bit more and if I come in from the left side at the height the want/have buttons should be they'll flicker on long enough that I can click them. They will not do this from the right side. I also have to have my cursor moving at the right speed (too fast and they'll only flicker once, then dissapper. too slow and they do the same thing). Other than that specific scenario, no want/have buttons appear on the items that are not in my collection (the have button does appear continuously for those items).

Oh and while I'm thinking of it. It would be nice if when we select the condition of an item that would reflect across all items in the items section. I would think if I select 'good' in the condition of a loose item, then when I select the actual figure in the items list, it would be 'good' as well? Or is the condition at the top intended to be for the packaging?

Last edited by Ozrein; 12-10-2011 at 03:51 AM.
Ozrein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:20 AM   #418
Ozrein
Stunticon

I've tried reporting a couple issues with the G1 catalogue but it comes up with an error "There seems to be a problem - Curators must be provided".
Old 12-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #419
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
No, I dont see any notification at all when I switch between buy and collect.
I just fixed a bug to do with switching modes. Here's a short video of what should happen. Let me know if you do/don't see a green notification now.

Quote:
I played around with it a bit more and if I come in from the left side at the height the want/have buttons should be they'll flicker on long enough that I can click them. They will not do this from the right side. I also have to have my cursor moving at the right speed (too fast and they'll only flicker once, then dissapper. too slow and they do the same thing). Other than that specific scenario, no want/have buttons appear on the items that are not in my collection (the have button does appear continuously for those items).
Thanks for helping us debug this, mate. I just fixed it, so give'er a whirl. Eg:
http://shelflifex.com/catalogs/trans...s-generation-1

Quote:
Oh and while I'm thinking of it. It would be nice if when we select the condition of an item that would reflect across all items in the items section. I would think if I select 'good' in the condition of a loose item, then when I select the actual figure in the items list, it would be 'good' as well? Or is the condition at the top intended to be for the packaging?
Ah, do you mean if you choose "Good" from the "What condition is it in?" dropdown, that all of the items below will be switched to "Good", too? That makes a lot of sense. Thanks.

Quote:
I've tried reporting a couple issues with the G1 catalogue but it comes up with an error "There seems to be a problem - Curators must be provided".
Fixed!

Great feedback, dude. James, Hilary, and I really appreciate it. Keep it coming!
Old 12-10-2011, 05:14 PM   #420
Ozrein
Stunticon

Hey did I read somewhere on here that you've got it set up now to add an entire catalog at once? Or is that still coming?

Tags
collecting, shelflife