Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 07-21-2017, 07:28 PM   #51
Nocturn
Previously Dead
Re: Grinds my gears!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Valid points all around.

But really, I think BW's post was really a rant about a peeve about an aspect of collecting and transactions, and not really laying blame, or accusing a seller of lying or shadiness.

It's like: "Good golly, I wish this seller would have taken better care of this item, or made a better effort to clean it a bit before selling it."

Venting disappointment.

And, really, I can understand that, and maybe BW's post might influence/encourage sellers here to take that bit of extra time to dust off their figures to be sold in order to make a transaction a little more pleasant.
So we should all start a thread for every instance we have buyer's remorse?

If you're unhappy with a seller or store you'll get better results bringing it up to them rather than passive agressively ranting begind their back.

Names weren't named but OP is clearly calling out one user in particular. If it were me, yes i'd be embarrassed but that would just anger and frustrate and make me think the buyer is a dickhead, rather than evaluate whether or not my figures are "too dusty". Politeness and civility make things easy.

IMo, this thread is phenomenally more rude than selling a dirty figure..
Nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:43 PM   #52
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

THIS DUST IS TEARING US APAAAAAARRRRRRRRRT!

Oh hi Mark.
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:44 PM   #53
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions
Red face Re: Grinds my gears!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
I'm just being logical here because it appears to me someones getting bullied.
Someone isn't anally retentive about cleaning inside the ratchets and for some odd reason, several people are willing to judge the person who hasn't even had a chance to defend themself.
And the OP reeks of BS.

And to honest here, this really grinds my gears.
Sorry I don't see the logic in your logic. The simple fact is "dusty" may have been an inaccurate term for the the OP but were you there to witness the time he took to say that he didn't? You are referring about someone getting bullied and yet you have flamed this thread repeatedly and saying he is lying and reeks of BS with some foolish statement about watermelons and toilets. Say your piece and move on.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #54
BigWillay
Robot Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by steamwhistle View Post
Valid points all around.

But really, I think BW's post was really a rant about a peeve about an aspect of collecting and transactions, and not really laying blame, or accusing a seller of lying or shadiness.

It's like: "Good golly, I wish this seller would have taken better care of this item, or made a better effort to clean it a bit before selling it."

Venting disappointment.

And, really, I can understand that, and maybe BW's post might influence/encourage sellers here to take that bit of extra time to dust off their figures to be sold in order to make a transaction a little more pleasant.
Thank you finally someone that gets it. I am by ni means calling out the seller if I had wanted to do that I would have. Unlike some here I am not a keyboard warrior and dont hide behind my monitor. If you go back to the original post I was venting frustration about sellers in general based on my experiemce. Calling me out as a bully makes no sense. How am I bullying anyone??? you stated before I was playing vixtim so which is it the vixtim or the bully??? or is it passive aggressive lol "give me your milk money, wait here is my cookies" figure it out and if youve got nothing of validity to add take your flames elsewhere.
BigWillay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:44 PM   #55
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79transam View Post
I'm just being logical here because it appears to me someones getting bullied.
For someone who screams logic you don't seem to be using it. The only bullilying I see here is from you.

Misrepresenting the OP, picking strawman arguments, that's some intelctually dishonest stuff man, diametrically opposite of what logic is.

Got a point? Make it and move along.
Old 07-21-2017, 10:21 PM   #56
TRUCKvsGUN

Y'all can stop clutching your pearls now. The guy's discussing negative experiences in generalities: nobody's being bullied or called out.

Contact me if you have for sale:
Transformers: The Ultimate Pop-Up Universe Book
Botcon 2006 Dawn of Futures Past Boxed Set
MP-01 Matrix
POTP Onyx Prime
TRUCKvsGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:50 PM   #57
B13
I.Prefer.Decepticons

The Ignore list, friends... the Ignore list.
B13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:56 PM   #58
BoNKerS
Animated

*Facepalm* bullied?

Sweet Jeezzuzzz

I've only seen you escalate this conversation 79transam.
Calling out his BS?
Do you know him?
Have you had a chat about his collecting habits?
Is 2.5 hours too much care for you? Or are you saying he would never take 2.5 ours of his life to clean a TF?

Dude wanted to share some experiences and thoughts with the community. That's cool with me. People do it here all the time, I don't agree with all of it but I don't troll it up.

Bah... for the record I hate dusty a$$ transformers as well. (apologies to any TF's I've sold which may have been dusty lol)
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 05:52 AM   #59
79transam
Machine War

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWillay View Post
Thank you finally someone that gets it. I am by ni means calling out the seller if I had wanted to do that I would have. Unlike some here I am not a keyboard warrior and dont hide behind my monitor.

Oh? Then where are you, Lawnmower man?

If you go back to the original post I was venting frustration about sellers in general based on my experiemce.

Ummmm no actually it was a specific person...

Calling me out as a bully makes no sense. How am I bullying anyone???

By rallying several boardies to your exaggerated cause, creating a hostile environment that is unlikely for the seller to want to defend his side of the story.

you stated before I was playing vixtim so which is it the vixtim or the bully???

"Playing" victim is the narcissists method to manipulate. Psychology 101

or is it passive aggressive lol "give me your milk money, wait here is my cookies" figure it out and if youve got nothing of validity to add take your flames elsewhere.
SEE quote for inserted replies

Anyways, bud, I think you owe this guy an apology. All we've seen so far is accusation, zero proof, contradictory statements and a changing story.

This topic is unfairly about who not to BUY from...

I think it becomes a topic about who not to SELL to...
79transam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 06:53 AM   #60
Plainsjumper
Machine War

If a Decepticon figure has black mold spores on it I just consider it an added role-playing feature.
Plainsjumper is offline   Reply With Quote