Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 05-05-2016, 07:00 PM   #1
GotBot
Nexus Maximus
Hunt for the BEST official Bruticus - CW vs Foc (With UW honourable mention)

We have SOOO many official Bruticus offerings in recent years that it is hard to pick the best one for your tastes! Obviously, the higher end, more expensive, third party offerings have a distinct advantage. BUT, for those of us sticking to official product - who wins? Is it the Fall of Cybertron version? Combiner Wars? Unite Warriors or maybe something more off the wall like a customized Combiner Wars version? Here is part 1 of 5 in the hunt for the best Bruticus - customized Combiner Wars versus FoC Swindle!! (With a few unite Warriors comments thrown in along the way). Which version suits your tastes? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEgZNdvhxz8
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:09 PM   #2
Vorahk
Energon
Re: Hunt for the BEST official Bruticus - CW vs Foc (With UW honourable mention)

Having all 3 before I would say my absolute best bruticus is combiner wars. Foc was way to weird looking, energon/super link/rotf/uw is nice enough but not bruticus enough. Combiner wars makes me think more of bruticus when compared with the other two.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:51 PM   #3
Bruticus82
Fortress Maximus
Re: Hunt for the BEST official Bruticus - CW vs Foc (With UW honourable mention)

Fall of Cybertron had great potential, but was ultimately disappointing in hand.

I haven't had a chance to experience a combiner wars one yet, but am looking forward to it.

1. Combiner Wars Devastator
2. 25th Anniversary Unicron (MISB)
3. DOTM Takara Vortex (MOSC)
+ and more!

Looking to buy:
1. G1 Pretender Groundbreaker

My Feedback Thread

Avatar Image by the talented Ninjatron!
Bruticus82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:17 PM   #4
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

if we are going official then I will say CW but since UW will be coming out eventually, I will be really looking forward to that one. CW currently in hand and is really good
wervenom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:39 PM   #5
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruticus82 View Post
Fall of Cybertron had great potential, but was ultimately disappointing in hand.

I haven't had a chance to experience a combiner wars one yet, but am looking forward to it.
It's funny how much despite only being one more new mold and THREE Protectobot redecos/tools, Bruticus absolutely smokes Defensor IMO.

The different shoulder transformation gives him a much more pleasing amount of "bulk," and his chest plate pegs in far more solid. Despite the shared engineering between Onslaught and Hot Spot the only visibility same pieces are the thighs. Overall the colors are better, he looks bigger (Defensor is a runt compared to the other gestalts).

Defensor is GOOD. He's well done, the limbs are all very good, Hot Spot is fine, but the Combaticons individually and combined just top him in every way.

As far as whether UW is better or not, it's a matter of taste. I see what they're going for but simply like the Hasbro colors more, Slingshot repaint be damned. Blast-Off is SEXY.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:06 PM   #6
Einstein
Banned
Einstein's Ebay Auctions

Unite Warriors will easily be the best, there is no contest here.
Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:18 AM   #7
PrimalEnvy
Reverse Corte

I'd say CW is best, though it's hard to say without actually having more than bits and pieces of each in hand.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:25 AM   #8
BoNKerS
Animated

Without any upgrades I do think the CW version is the one to get.

Transformers Microblaze Creations Military Titans - Bruticus by Chris C, on Flickr

The CW upgrade sets look really good as well. Either way I feel both need a little TLC to get them where I want them.

Heck I'll have em both

Last edited by BoNKerS; 05-06-2016 at 11:59 AM.
BoNKerS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:17 AM   #9
Bountyan
Cybertron

Is it even a contest? FOC Bruticus is awful. Those tiny flimsy integrated hands, the individual members feel low quality, the combiner proportions are bad because they're all deluxes. Just bad.

I prefer UW over CW because Blast Off has the right alt mode and I think the colors/paint apps on all the other members look better.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:46 AM   #10
Rodimus Prime1
Ride in Style

I don't think any on the main line Bruticus's the best. But if you were to tie me down to make a decision I would go with CW best of the worst.

They all need something added for me to display them IMO

FOC with Microblaze Voyager figure

and This might trump him

Transform DW Combiner Wars Bruticus Upgrade Kit

Echo's add-ons IMO (sorry ) would be a close second

But on that note Echo's WRECKTIFIED combiner is the BOMB

Wants: >

Feedback

Collection

Last edited by Rodimus Prime1; 05-06-2016 at 12:12 PM.
Rodimus Prime1 is offline   Reply With Quote