Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers Feedback and Reviews > Transformers Video Reviews

Old 03-30-2016, 04:48 PM   #11
optimusb39
Animated
Re: PE-11 Perfect Effect Socuting Force X - THE Chug Reflector??

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotBot View Post
Interesting link Masta Skidz. Whenever I have seen the PE set it has been 69 to 79. The 99 on the link you provided is definitely ovetpriced for this set. I managed to snag a good deal of 70 Canadian, total cost. That is certainly less than the masterpiece. Plus, to my mind, if you have one Masterpiece figure you really need several for proper display purposes and that can be costly. It is an awesome option though for those who can do it and I would if I could. I like the look and engineering of msny third parties and, for that matter, official masterpiece but it is certainly a line where ypu need to be selective in the purchases that work for you. Based on your links? I see your point, based on what I have seen and what I actually paid myself, different story. Who knows, maybe I lucked out.

I picked them up a year after their release for 75 misb. And they are really the only option for a chug collection unless you want the team to be bigger then a chig minibot like bumblebee or legend class powerglide. Theyve gone up in price based on that fact and thevfact that they where not a large scale production either.
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 04:54 PM   #12
optimusb39
Animated

I also mistransformed one of the three by reversing the torso and spinning the head and arms around. So one has the lens, one has the green chest and the other has a purple chest. That one gets the shoulder cannons and sniper rifle and looks ready for long range combat. The green chest one gets a rifle and knife set for hand to hand combat and the lens cheat one gets the telephoto backpack as a weapon drum for his gattling gun and is ready to f#$k s#@t up!
Overall they each are ynique and totally awesome. The only problem i ever had was the tight handle tolerence. I just shaved a millimetre offbthe back.of the handles ao they fit snug and not so tight they would snap right off
optimusb39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 05:19 PM   #13
DuG
Titanium

Wervenom I usually see a set or two at the toy shows, they are often easily obtainable there.

On a side note reprolabels makes a great set fur these guys. I have it on my purple set and my black set.
DuG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 06:23 PM   #14
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuG View Post
Wervenom I usually see a set or two at the toy shows, they are often easily obtainable there.

On a side note reprolabels makes a great set fur these guys. I have it on my purple set and my black set.
Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look but they really aren't high on my list of priorities but it would be nice to get some more Cons as the Season 1&2 Con Detolf looks a little "light" compared to the Bot one.
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:53 AM   #15
GotBot
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusb39 View Post
I picked them up a year after their release for 75 misb. And they are really the only option for a chug collection unless you want the team to be bigger then a chig minibot like bumblebee or legend class powerglide. Theyve gone up in price based on that fact and thevfact that they where not a large scale production either.
Until the provided link, I have never seen them for more than 79. If they were indeed a limited production run then it makes sense for a rise as they are so good. I like Perfect Effect anyway though, including the upgrade kits, especially the PC 07 set.
Asfor your mistransformation. That is an interesting idea to individualize them a bit. Know what I like best? Despite being an obvious parts formers, that mixed with high articulation makes for almost inexhaustable display options to suit your taste. Plus, anyway you cut it, they are armed to the bloody teeth!
Now....can anyone tell me what part on the back apparently flips? I haven't found one and see no need to find it. Seems to me like it MIGHT be a delicate piece? And, why does it flip?
GotBot is offline   Reply With Quote