Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-24-2022, 02:26 PM   #641
theoneyouknowleast
Classic
Re: Northmen Collectibles NMC Toys - not impressed

I suppose my story with NMC Toys has a slightly happier ending. Not that I would do business with them ever again.

Like everyone else I put up an order for Gen Selects Stepper when it all it was available in Jan 2019. The price was good and the only place it seemed like in Canada you could get it, before TRU and Gamestop carried them on a regular basis.

The release date came and went, and I finally emailed them asking about it. Got a canned response about delays, and the preorder cancellation fee if I wanted to cancel. I decided to wait and see as this was only $25 in the end, and not a large purchase.

I would ask monthly on my support ticket for about an update, and they never ever replied outside the first response they gave me. Just radio silence.

After almost a year of silence on my support tickets I called them. The person that answered was pretty unprofessional, and I thought I had the wrong number when they first picked up.

They eventually told me Hasbro was late with the order, and they could not cancel until the distributor cancelled and refund them. So I decided to keep waiting.

Feb 2020 comes around, and I see on the Website it now shows figures in stock (albeit with a new higher price). Msg'ed them and complained and suddenly my item is available for in stock pickup.

Do not go into Toronto much these days, but I had errands to run that took me close one day in Early March 2020 so I went to pick up the figure.

Took forever to find the store front, its just a rented space in a small office building on the second floor, the space was cramped full of figures, I never went inside, just stood in the hall way while they looked for my figure.

Ended chatting with the owner (I think), I got the sense they do not like dealing with any customers since they spent 15min complaining about dealing with people, sigh. I never brought up his poor CS skills, didn't seem like it was worth having an argument with this jerk. Just listened to them rant and left.

At least I got my figure in the end, and then world went upside down a few weeks later. Guess I got lucky in the end.

My Sales Thread
My Wanted Thread
My Feedback Thread

Looking For: Nothing Right Now
theoneyouknowleast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:19 AM   #642
Fermix
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
Ended chatting with the owner (I think), I got the sense they do not like dealing with any customers since they spent 15min complaining about dealing with people, sigh. I never brought up his poor CS skills, didn't seem like it was worth having an argument with this jerk. Just listened to them rant and left.
This reminds me of when we were in our heated e-mail conversation and he kept accusing me of taking time away from other people getting their orders fulfilled. As in, the 5 minutes it would take him to reply to my e-mails would mean that dozens (literally) of orders would not get fulfilled because he was dealing with me. Textbook abusive behaviour.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:34 PM   #643
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneyouknowleast View Post
I got the sense they do not like dealing with any customers since they spent 15min complaining about dealing with people, sigh. I never brought up his poor CS skills, didn't seem like it was worth having an argument with this jerk. Just listened to them rant and left.
This was my exact experience when I picked something up in person. The guy ranted to me for 20 minutes about how shitty collectors are while I stood there in his dump of an office waiting for him to find my figure. He seriously has some sort of defensive personality disorder
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:08 AM   #644
Prime Sinister
Animated

Probably edgy since hasn’t made his “cancellation fee” quota to pay rent for his crappy store.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:32 AM   #645
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

I ordered an expensive item a while back from the store which he never got in stock. He asked if I would like a different item instead, which I ended up finding something and getting that instead. There was a price difference between the two items and he refunded me the difference. He did however take the "restocking fee" from that amount (this point I didn't care, was just happy I got something out of this).

What I ended up realizing from this ordeal was how useless Paypal and my CC company were to me during this situation. Neither would help me past the 6 months even after explaining that the item was a preorder and that this store had a habit of doing this (especially surprised with my CC company, BMO, as I even spoke with some higher ups that refused to help because of the time frame). Lost only about $9.50 from this situation, but I've learnt my lesson.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 10:54 AM   #646
neevnav
Masterpiece

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
I ordered an expensive item a while back from the store which he never got in stock. He asked if I would like a different item instead, which I ended up finding something and getting that instead. There was a price difference between the two items and he refunded me the difference. He did however take the "restocking fee" from that amount (this point I didn't care, was just happy I got something out of this).

What I ended up realizing from this ordeal was how useless Paypal and my CC company were to me during this situation. Neither would help me past the 6 months even after explaining that the item was a preorder and that this store had a habit of doing this (especially surprised with my CC company, BMO, as I even spoke with some higher ups that refused to help because of the time frame). Lost only about $9.50 from this situation, but I've learnt my lesson.
Sorry, he failed to get the item, you took the offered credit instead of asking for a full refund, and he STILL charged a restocking fee? That's ridiculous.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:41 PM   #647
Jive Turkey
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
Sorry, he failed to get the item, you took the offered credit instead of asking for a full refund, and he STILL charged a restocking fee? That's ridiculous.
A restocking fee for something he never had in stock. wild
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #648
MegaGeek
Generation 1

I finally got an email response from what's his face at Tryta Steal Your Money Collectables, and I can't help but wonder if it has anything to do with Visa getting involved? Nah it can't be. I wish I could share what he wrote. After all the name calling, denial, and accusing, he banned me for life from his store. Apparently I'm in his system. I'm worried because we all know how sophisticated that is. I don't know how I will ever live with myself. I might just preorder 5 more items as a peace offering.

This message was brought to you by sarcasm.
MegaGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:46 PM   #649
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
A restocking fee for something he never had in stock. wild
Yeah, I didn't understand why he still took the fee, but I was just happy to walk away with something I wanted and the almost the rest of my money back. Could have argued the fee, but whatever. I'm just pissed with my CC company and PayPal for not giving a damn to help me out even after existing explaining the situation to them. Regardless, not buying anything from the store ever again.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 03:38 AM   #650
athanato
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
This was my exact experience when I picked something up in person. The guy ranted to me for 20 minutes about how shitty collectors are while I stood there in his dump of an office waiting for him to find my figure. He seriously has some sort of defensive personality disorder

He absolutely has a mental health disorder, he is unbalanced.

Netflix Bumblebee
Earthrise Conehead 2-Pack
athanato is offline   Reply With Quote