Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 12-04-2021, 11:36 PM   #11
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Nexus Maximus
Re: Another year another dollar. What's your toy plan for 2022?

There are a lot of good-looking moulds on the horizon, but I find I'm in the "wait for the redeco" camp on just about all of them. There are a lot of obscure comic characters that could work nicely with the Cybertronian Ratchet and Brawn moulds, but I don't really feel the need to get a Cybertronian Ratchet or Brawn specifically. Both of the new Arcees look like decent moulds, but I've already got the T30 version for G1 Arcee and the First Edition for Prime Arcee. Blaster looks good and would certainly be an upgrade over my FoC version, but the FoC version still fills that slot in my collection and I don't know if I'm a big enough fan of Blaster to justify another purchase.

About the only announced figure that I'm pretty sure I'll buy as-is is Core Hot Rod.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:17 AM   #12
Ozrein
Stunticon

I’m really only interested in Menasor as far as mainline TFs go. I do have Terrorsaur, Pipes and Slammer preordered, but those will be the final additions to my chug collection.
It’s just MPs and a select few 3P figures for me otherwise.

I am finally going to dip my toe in the GI Joe Classified line though.
I have an Alley-Viper and 2 BATs on preorder, but I’m limiting myself to only those 3. I don’t have room for a 6” Joe collection, since I can’t even fully display my 3-3/4” collection.
Old 12-05-2021, 02:49 AM   #13
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

My plan is to be more selective then I already have been. Chasing amazon exclusives forget it. I can honestly say the Studio Series line is good for improvements on certain live action movie figures but 86 SS outside of the Dinobots, Scourge, Sweeps and Hot Rod has been meh and doesn?t make me think they?re any better then some of the Henkei, Legends or United figures of same characters I already have here?s looking at you United vs SS Jazz. The changed numbers on Jazz, Smokescreen or Wheeljack from their respective lines really bugs me too.

Exclusively cartoon colours on figures, get over it, it makes them bland and drab in my opinion and sucked the life out of MP collecting for me. I was much more appreciative of the blend we had between toy and toon colours. If Hasbro wants to interest me in selects more do more things like Toy colour Galvatron or a comic redeco/mold of Megtron and keep up the Diaclone recolours. I will pop my pre-oreders in on what interests me but I haven?t got time to be chasing figures these days and the constant updating of the same crop of characters recently has just wore me out. Combiners again? Only Menasor for me unless something more interesting comes out like another Computron.

I was hoping the WFC trilogy when it started would give us more cybertronian flavour than it did but looks like BB SS is going more cybertronian than WFC was. A little remolded head and hands and away we go.

Last edited by The 12th Prime; 12-05-2021 at 02:52 AM.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:59 AM   #14
Autobotz24
G1 Junkie
Autobotz24's Ebay Auctions

I'll be getting only G1 cartoon representations and whatever new figures FansToys

Feedback thread
http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...ght=Autobotz24

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Autobotz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 11:29 AM   #15
cr3d1t
Beast Machine

Same plan as always
- Stick to Generations and SS86
- Tell myself not to get the gimmick figures (weaponizers, targetmasters, micromasters, etc) but get them anyway
- Try not to panic, order everywhere and wind up with multiples of the same figure (Hi Airwave and Fasttrack!)
- maybe dabble in the new BB SS figures but I've been bitten by SS figures in the past
- blow all my money at ToySnowman (not a paid advertisement)
Old 12-05-2021, 12:16 PM   #16
Abominus Prime
Generation 1

I'm getting out all together. After I complete the dinobots and menosor. Also want to see what cybertron metroplex looks lile in hand. I have to draw a line somewhere. I've pretty much got pretty what I wanted. Without going way of 3rd party. While price increases are a big of it. I'm sick of the exclusives and online retail. It's like Talladega nights" if ain't first you're last" lol wether it be scalpers clearing shelves or online retailers like Amazon making you wait a full year before cancelling your order. An since Hasbro or big box or even online retailers have no interest in even a dressing the issues, it's all lead me to this point. I'll find other ways to adress my fandom.
Abominus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 01:17 PM   #17
imfallenangel
Cybertron

I'm curious to see what the new stuff will be like, but I really don't have plans to get much at all. The lowered quality, the repeated characters, lack of stock and exclusives have really pushed me away, but I also bought so much in the last couple of years that aside my comic project, I feel like a hoarder and don't even find the time to really appreciate all of them as I normally would.

I'm also sick of the "almost there" but is just incomplete" feel of so many figures that I've had to get gap filler kits, weapons, or paint (looking at the freaking lack of red lines on Track's wings for example, and how horrible his quality was).

The ones that I'm interested in would be (but won't be sold on until I see them and they really prove themselves to be worth getting):

BB SS Brawn (this is the only one so far that's a fairly good bet that I'll get it)
Jhaxus
Blitzwing
Armada Starscream
Cosmos
Override
BB SS Arcee

Curious to see but unless a freaking miracle (and not just a re-release), I am not replacing the last version I have:
Elita-1
Prime Soundwave
SS Wheelie
Arcee (if it's not a re-release)

Aside that, the rest is about being curious, such as all the BB SS reveals, I think they look great, but I just don't feel the need to rebuy the same characters yet again as I just did in the last year. I might eventually consider them if on massive sale/liquidation or eventually used or such. The price/value just isn't there for me anymore.

I'll be cancelling my Perceptor pre-order as he's just not impressive at all, not even close enough to want to replace my TR one.

My Pulse SG Starscream was delayed for months, so ordered via eBay already so I'll probable cancel that (unless I decide to get a second one WHEN it does get shipped), and awaiting for Terrasaur (amazon.com, as I didn't trust .ca) as I do really like the Airrazor mold and love the colours from the pictures seen of him.

Last edited by imfallenangel; 12-05-2021 at 01:26 PM.
imfallenangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 02:22 PM   #18
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Laughing at how ridiculous this hobby continues to be with 35+ deluxes and repaints and distro issues and just... What a joke lmao

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 03:22 PM   #19
ssjgoku22
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Laughing at how ridiculous this hobby continues to be with 35+ deluxes and repaints and distro issues and just... What a joke lmao
That's definitely what drove me away from other lines like Marvel Legends (and also the fact at how many times they were just reusing parts and molds and charging more for them).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:21 PM   #20
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

First, downsizing, by a lot. I've been yanking out MISB/MOSC stuff I've accumulated over the years in a storage room, an extra this because it was cheap, an extra that because it was cool, stuff that was too big to display, and so on, and holy hell, it's a metric butt-ton. It's literally a stack in my hall right now that's 6 feet long and 4 feet high, and that's not all of it yet. Add to that the pile loose figures I'm pulling off my shelves and want to move along, WTF did I get myself into over the years? I could literally stock a store. I do not want to be the guy who died crushed by their hoarded collection.

Second, I'm tapping the breaks on TF and being more selective in what I buy. Trying to limit myself to upgrading the G1 cast only. And continuing to not play the game of chase the rabbit. If I can't get it, I can't get it. Hard to get exclusives can eat a bag of dicks. It's pissed all over the joy of getting new stuff and put a damper on collecting TFs in general.

Third, moving my focus onto the Gi Joe Classified line. And other things. Not that those are easier to find, but I'm using a reliable place to pre-order, so hopefully there won't be issues. Plus they have a smaller foot print.

Fourth, organize all the shit I plan on keeping in terms of display. I have a collection of my childhood Gi Joes etc, that I want to fix up and display.

Doing all that should take me till 2024 at least. Ugg... first world problems