Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-17-2017, 10:25 PM   #21
Plainsjumper
Machine War
Re: TFcon Toronto 2017 Feedback Thread

It was a lot easier to walk around the dealers room this year and I checked out both of them.

Good stuff with the freebies.

I missed the comic panel on Sunday but that's my fault
Plainsjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:46 PM   #22
The 12th Prime
Lost count, long time ago
The 12th Prime's Ebay Auctions

I didn't get to stay as long as I normally do this year due to buying a house so I'm sure I missed some stuff.

The Good: The bag, the razor and vitamin water were great.

The Bad: Ingress to the second dealer room during autograph sessions or meet and greet.

The Ugly: I'd prefer maybe another mid or lower tier of admission pricing. My son turned 13 this year and I was honest about it and it stung the pocket book a little even though he really comes just to be with me and cosplay, not much love for robots from him. $50 for he and I for 4 hours or less after 2pm was not my favourite moment.

The Suggestions: Something similar to paying more for early bird pricing, have a mid and late bird pricing. It may balance out the traffic and make it more steady for dealers as those on a budget may show up later when a dealer may be willing to give a deal not to take something back home.
Also charge teens more than kids but not as much as adults maybe $10 or $15 tops.

Thanks

Last edited by The 12th Prime; 07-17-2017 at 10:50 PM.
The 12th Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 10:52 PM   #23
Ras
Generation 1

Really loved the dealers room this year. Fantastic items everywhere I looked and definitely deals to be had. I'd say it's the best dealer room I've experienced so far.

Shout out to The Chosen Prime for their amazing booth and for their fantastic customer service. The folks running their both were on the ball and great to deal with. They also sorted out an issue I had with one of the items I bought and were very understanding and professional. Would definitely recommend purchasing from them!

I always have a good experience at the Hilton, especially the pools and waterslide so would be happy to return their next year.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:23 PM   #24
Timo Ramoan
Old Timer 1975

I actually don't want to check my statement now. I'll be super f-ing pissed if this is the case...
Timo Ramoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:01 AM   #25
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Easier to walk around for sure.

Second room was dismal this year. Went in their once and never went back.

Didn't feel as grand a convention as last year.

Chosen Prime's display was amazing as usual.

Price hike was a bummer.

Well organized as usual. Thank you volunteers.
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #26
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis

Quote:
Well organized as usual. Thank you volunteers.
I needed to hear that. Thank you.

The only comment I have about the costume contest is that I have finally found a cosplayer willing to run it. She knows the ins and outs. She knows what to look for in judging. She has stage presence. Expect improvements in the future.
Old 07-18-2017, 11:43 AM   #27
Dynamo.Dave
Too close for missiles

Great to hear!

I think, with a show like this, there are so many cool opportunities and ideas, but it takes the hard slugging of the volunteers to make it happen.

Even better to find people personally interested in the event they are volunteering for!

Huge thanks to the volunteers and crew of this show,
and the shows in previous years.
It's Xmas in July for me and I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I needed to hear that. Thank you.

The only comment I have about the costume contest is that I have finally found a cosplayer willing to run it. She knows the ins and outs. She knows what to look for in judging. She has stage presence. Expect improvements in the future.

Sparktoys Grimlock
FT Stunticons
FT Aerialbots

Dynamo.Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #28
Stormrave
Machine War

I had a great time this year. I definitely saw an improvement in the dealers' room(s) this year. I saw lots of signage and announcements for the second dealers rooms and the dealers themselves had a great mix of TFs from every era as well as 3rd party and also general 80s toys and also handcrafts and art. I spent a lot of money

Feedback suggestions:

1. In past years it was common to have a camera on the speakers during panels and put up their image on the screens beside the stage. This didn't happen much this year and as a result I was often in panels where I couldn't see all the guests or tell who was talking because my view was blocked by people ahead of me, and while I had a clear view of at least one of the screens....the screens weren't showing what was going on, on stage. I didn't realize how much I relied on that feature until this year. Can you bring it back?

2. I don't know how much the con can affect the "special menu" pricing but as with last year, the prices were high so I ate meals elsewhere. Special menu prices were much better during the Delta years. However The four Transformers themed drinks were great fun as always and I sampled them all so well done on those.

3. I would be amiss if I didn't mention getting the door prize slip during the Saturday morning line and having no pen to fill it out with

Overall though this was a great con. I enjoyed all the guests. It was great to see Nick Roche and John Barber there for the first time.

The panel timing was really good too. It's kind of funny, on Saturday everyone I knew had one time they wanted to go for lunch, and the times were different depending on their interests. The balance was really good between voice acting, comics, toy design, fan panels, costumes....

I enjoyed Ninjatron and Vangelus's panels a lot and hope TFCon keeps doing fan run panels

And as always Oasis keeps us all in line Thanks for your hard work.
Stormrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:19 AM   #29
Oasis
Panel Queen
Send a message via Skype™ to Oasis

Quote:
And as always Oasis keeps us all in line Thanks for your hard work.
<3
Old 07-19-2017, 09:40 AM   #30
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

All in all I don't have much bad to say about the con this year, outside of it feeling like it rushed by a bit too quickly for my liking. Though if I had to mention some things...

The Good:
- The deals at The Chosen Prime's booth were awesome. More of that next year please!!!

- the staff and volunteers were on point and professional throughout the show. Shoutout as always to our Panel Queen

- the Transformers DnD experiment, even though I was in it for a small peeiod of time, needs to be a thing. If the people running it read this, make it a thing.

The Bad:
- I'm with those mentioning Captured Prey not providing signage stating they had their prices in USD. Why they didn't just put it in CAD I can only imagine, but it definitely would have helped. I was eying a Protector trailer at 80.....and it ended up being around 100 with conversion.

- The food prices suuuuuck. Like, a bacon cheeseburger for $17.50. The barely cheesy nachos for $13.00. I think the cheapest thing on the menu was $11.00. I really hate seeing the QUEST bar doing this as it deters people from hanging out there......I recall when Garry Chalk was playing guitar at the bar and he had at least 20 people around him. This year the bar was embarrassingly empty. Also they need to work on their service.....only reason I got my drinks promptly was because I physically watched the bartender make them.

- Wasn't a huge fan of the drinks....especially the Tarantulas. That's nothing against the con.....cranberry just doesn't please the palette.

Think that's it. Again the con was awesome as usual and I now begin thr long wait for TFcon 2018.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote