Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > TFcon Discussion

Old 07-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #91
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.
Re: tfcon 2014 high's and low's

Alex Milne is a beast. He's working on MTMTE, he's doing a crapload of prints and commission prints for AA and he's doing 2 new posters both with 84 characters. I think he's going to work himself into a grave.

You have to think that most of these dudes have alot of stuff tweeted at them and it can get missed. Heck I tweeted Barber, Scott and Roberts concerning who has Sunstreaker and Bob in their character rosters since I've not seen them since Dark Cybertron and got nothing, but I tweeted something later to Scott and got a reply.

As soon as we hit 100 likes we will be having a sale!

Knockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:03 PM   #92
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

I don't use Twitter, not a fan. Having it set up that no one can get a commission from him at the con is pretty unfair, there should be no pre-booking IMO, anyone at the con gets screwed unless they live on twitter.

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #93
xbrawn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plainsjumper View Post
A low would be hearing a dealer complain about how other dealers' prices were too low and that the TFCon should restrict dealer entry so that bots that are 5$ and 10$ aren't sold.

that has to do with the 75% transformer's stock rule....

a lot of dealer's had transformer's for junk bins so they could sell other item's this year...

I sold a bulk junker lot to a dealer and he admitted he was only buying it for tf con.
xbrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:15 PM   #94
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEZaid View Post
For some reason He ignored my tweets, twice, don't know how to deal with him.
Alex seems to really not be online that much in my experience. I know he tweets, but I don't know if that means he is checking stuff that gets tweeted at him or messaged to him there.

He is also crazy busy and over the past couple years and has cut back on the amount of conventions he attends(including be unable to attend TFcon the one year iirc).

Knowing Alex pretty well I'd say that I don't think he is dodging you or anything, he is just worked off his feet, while still trying to make appearances for the fans.

I'm sure you will catch up to him eventually.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:24 PM   #95
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
I don't use Twitter, not a fan. Having it set up that no one can get a commission from him at the con is pretty unfair, there should be no pre-booking IMO, anyone at the con gets screwed unless they live on twitter.
Actually it was open on Tumblr too. And I can see why he does it, it allows him free to do other commissions onsite when all the pre-orders just need to be handed out instead of doing those plus on site offers. I do know alot of commissions were full for him and Stone at the con.

This is my second time on Twitter. I had a account before but it got hacked by some Russia dude. During TFCON, we opened a new one. But yeah, he does update his Twitter and Tumblr just fine, dunno about anything else.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:45 PM   #96
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockout View Post
Actually it was open on Tumblr too. And I can see why he does it, it allows him free to do other commissions onsite when all the pre-orders just need to be handed out instead of doing those plus on site offers. I do know alot of commissions were full for him and Stone at the con.

This is my second time on Twitter. I had a account before but it got hacked by some Russia dude. During TFCON, we opened a new one. But yeah, he does update his Twitter and Tumblr just fine, dunno about anything else.
I'm happy with getting art from Sarah and Andrew myself tbh....never was interested in his table
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:05 AM   #97
Knockout
I can't anymore. Done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malwave View Post
I'm happy with getting art from Sarah and Andrew myself tbh....never was interested in his table
I got 3 prints from Stone and nothing from Milne this year, he didn''t have a print I desired for the wall. But I REALLY want the new poster he is making, but I don't know if I'm going to Chicago anymore. T_T

Old 07-22-2014, 04:24 PM   #98
DestronDecepticon23
Generation 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
This would have been one of my major lows, I was at his table by 930 on saturday, and first to it on sunday and still didn't get a commission. Got told to go back a few times and nothing
Ah man, sorry that happened to you too (and FEZaid on the online side of things).

Oh man, seems like I wasn't the only one to miss out on a commission. I can definitely see why people would not be too happy about having to ask ahead of time on specific social media. I actually follow him on Twitter and check fairly regularly and never even saw an announcement for having sketches done ahead of time (as I probably would have jumped on that opportunity). Too bad there couldn't be a thread here for commission requests?

Current Hunt:
Breakdown
Twincast
DestronDecepticon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #99
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

For those who are talking about Alex and his commissions - My table was directly across from his - and his table was MOBBED at 9:00 a.m.

His commission list was immediately filled for the weekend, and he was still even trying to finish up on Sunday night at the bar.

If you've seen Alex's work - You know he doesn't rush his sketches and he's become extremely well known in the last couple of years.

He was very organized this year in how he handled the list of people and made the best effort he could for everyone who was on the commission list to get their work done.

So while it's frustrating for those who either missed out, or didn't get their drawing completed, but it was on a first come, first serve basis.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #100
Malwave
Resident Gryphon
Malwave's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Malwave Send a message via Skype™ to Malwave

an artist I commissioned 2 years ago finally has something to show for it today. Sometimes it happens.
Malwave is offline   Reply With Quote