Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 11-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #21
Ginrai
Mini-Con
Re: Anyone Recently Purchased Anything From Ages 3 and Up site?

I just posted this in the sightings thread:

"So is anyone goin to go ask for their money back from him? I'm in Calgary so I can't, but he is a liar; Spencer. I called the City of Burnaby and checked and Ages is still under his name! He never sold it! And Urban Samurai is his too! The address on the website is still under his name as ages! Boris and Adrian are just fake names or phony owners. You don't have to believe me, just call 604-294-7320 and ask. It's public information to find out who owns a store. I juts thought I lost my moeny , but if he's opening a new stoire that means he did steal everyone's money and just opened a new store with it! Why doesn't anyone care? Can we shut him down? How can he show his face?"

I don't mostly post in forums, not my thing, but this is too much! And one suspect "Watari" with five posts who only has good things to say about this company that stole from everyone is highly suspect. Call the number and find out what kind of liar he is. Isn't there laws to stop people like this?
Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:46 AM   #22
venksta
Render Project Creations

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvciv888 View Post
i just emailed the dude and he was fine w/ me checking the stuff out in person.

i believe he mentioned something about opening a store back up at lougheed?
According to the BC Sightings thread, the store is already opened. Its interesting to note, one of the members saw Spencer there, probably just checking the place out. For those in BC, it sounds like this new store has good prices compared to other stores around here, like Soul of Anime. Might be worth checking out.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:33 AM   #23
MacDougs
I heart robots

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksta View Post
According to the BC Sightings thread, the store is already opened. Its interesting to note, one of the members saw Spencer there, probably just checking the place out. For those in BC, it sounds like this new store has good prices compared to other stores around here, like Soul of Anime. Might be worth checking out.
I also checked it out on opening day. There does seem to be a Boris and Adrian, though neither introduced themself by name. Spencer was there and was seated behind the counter. I didn't feel like opening that can of worms, so I didn't ask what was going on. I used to shop at A3U pretty regularly before it closed down and I also frequent Metropolis Comics and Toys almost daily (great folks btw). All I will say is that from what I've heard, Spencer screwed over a fair number of people. Understand that I can only go by heresay, but I find it hard to believe that so many people could be lying. Saying that, I never had any problems when dealing with him personally, but I never used the online store either. Spencer does seem to be involved with Urban Samurai in some yet-to-be-determined way. After chatting briefly with who I believe was Boris, it seemed to me that they probably had help setting up their brick and mortar.
MacDougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:36 AM   #24
Cliffjumper69
primebein's rival
Cliffjumper69's Ebay Auctions
Send a message via MSN to Cliffjumper69

Ok, could someone PM me with the whole A3U problem, Im in the dark here and Im kinda saying to myself, "Waaaaa Haaappooonn?"

CJ
Old 11-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #25
Pascal
Banned

Now this is getting weird. Boris and Adrian exist BUT Spencer is still around?

The A3U MSN address was online last night in my list of contacts, I tried asking what was going on but didn't get an answer this time around. I think Boris is the guy that answered me last time. Is he Asian? I swear to God he introduced himself with an Asian (last?) name the only time I had a chat with him.

Urban Samurai is indeed Spencer's store (at least that's what I've been told a long time ago by one of his former employees). No robots there I believe.

Last edited by Pascal; 11-18-2009 at 10:20 AM.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #26
astrana
Nexus Maximus

lol, just shop at a different store, i bet there are tons of stores in BC deals with Import toys. Talk to store managers and get them to import Transformers. That's how we did it in Calgary. We asked the local supplier to bringing henkei, and he did...
astrana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 PM   #27
C_Shewins
Robot Master

What? A3U is back?? OMG....just have to watch out. U can still buy from there, but I guess don't buy from their website. They aren't reliable especially if Spencer is the owner...

Just got:
ROTF Bruticus, Supreme Devastator, ROTF Leader Jetfire, DIA Commander Trailer, HA SKid.
C_Shewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:13 AM   #28
MacDougs
I heart robots

Pascal, I'm pretty sure Adrian is Asian. When I checked out the store I saw Spencer, an Asian dude and a bald Caucasian guy. The name Boris just seemed to fit the latter too well to not be him. He's also the only one who was walking around and being personable with the customers, which fits with everyone else's accounts as well.

As for other stores, there are plenty. The problem is that most are in Downtown Van, Richmond, and the like. Being in Burnaby, Spencer's store helped fill the gap.

Anyways... Spencer seems to be trapped in his own vicious cycle, and I don't think any amount of pre-order money will get him out of it.
MacDougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:22 AM   #29
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginrai View Post
I just posted this in the sightings thread:

"So is anyone goin to go ask for their money back from him? I'm in Calgary so I can't, but he is a liar; Spencer. I called the City of Burnaby and checked and Ages is still under his name! He never sold it! And Urban Samurai is his too! The address on the website is still under his name as ages! Boris and Adrian are just fake names or phony owners. You don't have to believe me, just call 604-294-7320 and ask. It's public information to find out who owns a store. I juts thought I lost my moeny , but if he's opening a new stoire that means he did steal everyone's money and just opened a new store with it! Why doesn't anyone care? Can we shut him down? How can he show his face?"

I don't mostly post in forums, not my thing, but this is too much! And one suspect "Watari" with five posts who only has good things to say about this company that stole from everyone is highly suspect. Call the number and find out what kind of liar he is. Isn't there laws to stop people like this?
Watari man seems to be a new member and started this thread by asking question. Don't scare him. And his example is not necessary to be the only proof to judge the A3U .
The thing last time I saw the Spencer was at last year boxing week and everybody is trying to clearance the store with big sale. Every storekeeper said the same thing that A3U is not going to be around. The new owner is taken place indeed since the starting of this year with a new name as well. Hence, I had an impression that Spencer does not want to do anything with the toys for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Now this is getting weird. Boris and Adrian exist BUT Spencer is still around?

The A3U MSN address was online last night in my list of contacts, I tried asking what was going on but didn't get an answer this time around. I think Boris is the guy that answered me last time. Is he Asian? I swear to God he introduced himself with an Asian (last?) name the only time I had a chat with him.

Urban Samurai is indeed Spencer's store (at least that's what I've been told a long time ago by one of his former employees). No robots there I believe.
I c. no robots?
He did look tired and wanted to give up A3U last year.

The Urban Samurai or 1/6 figures was just a portion and owned by another guy (or partnership) in the old A3U store last year. After you mentioned it, the current Urban Samurai does look simliar interphase with the A3U website. there is a address while hitting the contact us page, on the Byrne street,Burnaby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrana View Post
lol, just shop at a different store, i bet there are tons of stores in BC deals with Import toys. Talk to store managers and get them to import Transformers. That's how we did it in Calgary. We asked the local supplier to bringing henkei, and he did...
depending on how many toy stores that you location has and how intensive the competition is.
If there is enough demands and good price, then the store might do it. But some stores target only to the Japanese animated like Sakura Media, didn't really bother to carry Transformers or they didn't have this kind of supplier sources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDougs View Post
Pascal, I'm pretty sure Adrian is Asian. When I checked out the store I saw Spencer, an Asian dude and a bald Caucasian guy. The name Boris just seemed to fit the latter too well to not be him. He's also the only one who was walking around and being personable with the customers, which fits with everyone else's accounts as well.

As for other stores, there are plenty. The problem is that most are in Downtown Van, Richmond, and the like. Being in Burnaby, Spencer's store helped fill the gap.

Anyways... Spencer seems to be trapped in his own vicious cycle, and I don't think any amount of pre-order money will get him out of it.
so the new store in the Lougheed is the same one as the current A3U website ?
I thought Spencer will never operate a toy or robot store again while he don't want to deal with any more issues with the robot request or stuffs.
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:29 PM   #30
Doctor Kibble
Generation 1

Isn't it funny how people still believe that it was Spencer's choice to shut down? The guy went out of business! Who goes out of business? People that are in the hole financially, and have tapped out all of their resources to get new product.

But now we got Boris and Adrian, right?
Doctor Kibble is offline   Reply With Quote