Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > Tech Support Forum and Site Rules

Old 07-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #31
Robimus
Iacon North Scout
Re: Proposed change to the sightings forum format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
I find "no sightings" extremely helpful.
These can be handy as long as the location(s) & time are included. Can save people a trip.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:40 PM   #32
RNSrobot
No I'm... doesn't.
RNSrobot's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave 75 View Post
It's good to see more like minded people, which mean it's not just me who sees a need to change things. I agree with who ever said it that the only policing should be all that's already done, which it just keeping out spammers and trolls.

And I kind of agree that sometimes the "nothing to report" sightings are a little annoying, but I think that's only because we've come to equate them with those annoying posts people make in other discussions that are just "I have no opinion on this".
At the end the "no sightings" are kind of helpful. Like someone else said, if I saw that someone had been to a certain store within the last few days and found nothing I probably wouldn't bother to go there.

I agree with Robimus, that if we all just start using this format, maybe others will see how helpful it actually is and start to use it too.

Frankly, IMO, it seems like most of the nay-sayers just don't want to use it because they either fear change or they're just lazy.
Sorry that it might take an extra couple minutes to post a sighting, but seeing as how it looks like so many other people are willing to do it for you, maybe you could reciprocate and do it for them too.
Throughout this thread:

You've said "God forbid people use their brains."

That "I assume we're not all idiots."

"You fear change and are lazy."

So, hey. It's cool you want to do things differently. Those who disagree with you, however, you've spoken to with insults. The faux apology (sorry it might take a couple extra minutes) bit is insincere

Feel absolutely free to use your format, and maybe more will go along with it. Those of us who are not
'like-minded' and are uninterested in adhering to a rigid (grill structure) format are perfectly okay, thank you very much.

As the one mod pointed out, the best option is to report sightings in a format you like, and perhaps other people will follow suit. Please do so without harassing or bugging individuals who choose not to.

Those of you in the GTA: I sympathize. That's a loooooot of ground to cover and I can see how more detail would be helpful. What if a new thread was created for the GTA, separate from the Ontario sightings?

I can't speak for everybody in Alberta, but our sightings thread is easier to manage and the majority of posters regularly give a clear location and time.

Many Edmonton fans have our own group, actually, which we use for Edmonton sightings. The AB sightings thread is 80% Calgary.

"YOU WIN AGAIN, GRAVITY!"
RNSrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:00 PM   #33
justprime
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
IMHO any sighting that's more than a week old isn't really worth much. From my observations, on average the number of BC sightings posted per day is less than 5. I try to peek into the sightings any time there are new post just to see what's out there. It takes up less than a minute every day to keep up. When I'm looking for something all I usually have to do is back up a page and skim the last weeks worth of sightings which is usually less than 35 short posts. That takes me less time than typing in a search.

IMHO if you enforce a format it makes people less likely to post a timely sighting because it's a hassle to format things to an exacting standard on a phone or to to have to return on a desktop and edit a post because it wasn't formatted right.

Also if I don't post A sighting from my phone then there's a good chance I'll forget. I'm sure it'll be like that for others too and the net result is less sightings posted. Personally, I'd rather have the unformatted sightings than no sightings at all.

I think the old post should stay nice to be able to look back and see where Hasbro didn't send product as we are always talking about the short fall when it comes to distribution/numbers for most means nothing but for a few its relavant when we do a letter campaign or in the case of the U.S. a man actully took a couple of major players to court over behind the doors dealing regarding early select distribution so data collecting sometimes is important, the most recent i can thik of is warbotron and BBT feasco
justprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #34
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Thanks for the suggest but this is not something that we will be looking to implement at this time.