Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-11-2019, 11:01 PM   #41
JLvatron
Chosen 1
Re: What Did You Think Of Bumblebee?? **SPOILERS**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post

Finally, I think they missed an opportunity with Ron.

As with most movies I think they could have cut 20 minutes out and it would have made for a tighter story. Remove things like: the lemonade mishap at the pier, the "give me your shirt" sequence and riding out the sunroof, the to scared to dive scene, the mean girls "you have a dead Dad scene" and the toilet paper revenge scene. (the eggs and car trashing was file, but she's 18, why is she toilet papering a house?? Also points for the most weird product placement for a movie) I understand that these are character building moments in the story, but at this point they are cliche and have little payoff.
Who's Ron again?

Totally agree on those useless scenes, they dragged the 2 main characters more into Boringtown.

The toilet paper egg scene was the 2nd worst in the movie.
I would have understood if Bumblebee destroyed her car on purpose for revenge, albeit such pettiness is unbecoming for an Autobot (although not out of character for BeastWars Maximals).

But for Bumblebee to mistakenly destroy it with compound accidents/clumsiness, was even worse; the director/writer sure treated him like a Dinobot.

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 02:33 AM   #42
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusB38 View Post
I thought it was great, also thinking for a second viewing. My kids and I liked it
This is how a forum should talk about the film.
It wasnt for everyone and im glad people still enjoyed the film.
Now comes Avengers endgame...lol
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 06:00 PM   #43
Robimus
Iacon North Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternatorfan View Post
This is how a forum should talk about the film.
It wasnt for everyone and im glad people still enjoyed the film.
Faults aside, generally speaking (based on online reviews) this film has been extremely well recieved both critically and by general audiences.

At least received far better than every film since 2007.

It will have the lowest box office totals but is profitable according to Paramount. Paramount also admitted it lost 100 million on The Last Knight, which will have had a bigger gross total than this film, but must have had far higher production and marketing costs.(TLK’s glut of Superbowl commercials certainly didn’t help the bottomline)

Visit the official TFcon Toronto website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:53 AM   #44
joshimus
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
- he was a VW Beetle at the start of 2007, yet in this he already becomes a camaro.
Incorrect. He was a Camaro right off the bat in 2007. The VW Bug we see at Bernie Mac's scene is a cute nod towards Bee's original G1 form but a Camaro drives into the car lot.

I also agree a lot of scenes could have been cut. I honestly thought the first chunk with Charlie was getting boring but much like 2007, they did filler scenes to let you know there is a "romantic" character nearby (Sam with Mikeyla and now Charlie with Memo)...but it did drag a bit.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 04:38 AM   #45
Autobot_Orion
Beasty

This movie is an academy award winner compared to the last Knight. John Cena super slammed the crap out of Anthony Hopkins babbling. It was great to see more meaningful explosions and Bee being a VW bug and Soundwave cassettes g1 referances....hands down blew Micheal Bays the last knight out of the water. I am however disappointed paramount annouced shelving the startrek franchise but am happy that more transformers movies will continue thanks to Travis Knights clutch performance in reviving transformers after tlk.
Autobot_Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:40 PM   #46
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
Incorrect. He was a Camaro right off the bat in 2007. The VW Bug we see at Bernie Mac's scene is a cute nod towards Bee's original G1 form but a Camaro drives into the car lot.
You're right. I checked that the day after the movie, but forgot I had already posted it.
Thanks for the heads up, I have corrected my post.

A funny trivia here.
Both Bumblebee's teenage human pals (Sam n Charlie) got the Bumblebee car from an "Uncle".

I guess there was some consistency in this movie, after all! Lol!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:59 PM   #47
Audetnelson1
Generation 1

Seen it 2 times
Audetnelson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #48
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLvatron View Post
Who's Ron again?

Totally agree on those useless scenes, they dragged the 2 main characters more into Boringtown.

The toilet paper egg scene was the 2nd worst in the movie.
I would have understood if Bumblebee destroyed her car on purpose for revenge, albeit such pettiness is unbecoming for an Autobot (although not out of character for BeastWars Maximals).

But for Bumblebee to mistakenly destroy it with compound accidents/clumsiness, was even worse; the director/writer sure treated him like a Dinobot.
Ron was her stepdad and while the movie did an ok job on straying from the ‘omg I hate my a-hole step parent’ story troupe, I think it could have gone one step further with him.

As for the clumsy bit, I just figured it was due to BB having his memory wiped thereby making him akin to a curious toddler who was taking cues from they people in charge. I also feel that trashing property has never been an issue for any Autobot featured in these movies lol.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #49
Jonnydark
Beast Machine

I do love that my thread was made into a sticky. Thanks mods.

And now that Bumblebee is profitable there will likely be more Transformers movies with soul. In spite of all the flaws in Bumblebee I've mentioned in this thread I think it was an enjoyable ride. And definitely a step in the right direction for Transformers as a brand.

Jonnydark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 11:07 PM   #50
FreightTrain
Generation 1

I saw the movie again on the weekend and I still loved it.
If they continue to make Transformers movies I hope this is the direction they take them...
Love the nostalgia in the Cybertron scenes, and it was even better they were speaking english!

Tags
bumblebee, film, review bumblebee, spoilers