Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 09-13-2009, 04:05 PM   #31
jackalprime
Y U NO MAKE NEW BEASTWARS
jackalprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: 30% Off Transformers at Zellers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelee View Post
I don't get why Wal-Mart is so reluctant to price match. Whenever I try it, they take like 7-10 minutes calling in their allies, henchmen and also the big cheese of the store. IS IT THAT HARD TO READ?

dont get ME started man. I had a 10 min discussion with the cashier and the "re-inforcements" about the alleged 'difference' between deluxe class and deluxe figure. A TRU flyer had the deluxe "figures" on sale and I went to get a price match, but it was declined because they claimed it was not the same as a "deluxe class". gave up, took mudflap down to electronics where i knew a guy would be working there. He didnt understand why there was so much trouble and he gave me the reduced price

"for everything there ever was"

jackalprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #32
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalprime View Post
dont get ME started man. I had a 10 min discussion with the cashier and the "re-inforcements" about the alleged 'difference' between deluxe class and deluxe figure. A TRU flyer had the deluxe "figures" on sale and I went to get a price match, but it was declined because they claimed it was not the same as a "deluxe class". gave up, took mudflap down to electronics where i knew a guy would be working there. He didnt understand why there was so much trouble and he gave me the reduced price
I'm going say something for the most part that is totally unsubstantiated, but I can not believe that the price matching problems at walmart are all due to incompetent employees. It's too consistent, in my eyes, across all their stores. Conspiracy theory number 1, there must be some sort of internal mandate that tells them to give the customer a hard time about it, and hope that they give up in frustration because I've never had this happen at TRU, Zellers or even Sears. I mean there was one time where I misread the flier and TRU gave me the match anyway even when it was pointed out to me.

Hmm.. maybe this friday, I'll pack a flier, a stuborn ass attitude, and clear an hour of time to head to walmart just to see I can pry a price match out of them for HA figures. This of course, is assuming that those are included in the sale. This rant would be kind of moot and foolish if they weren't hahhaa.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #33
cheetorBWORG
Generation 1

Cheap Superion!
cheetorBWORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #34
Poho
Generation 2

YES!!! finally i can pick up Leader Prime for a price that isn't outrageous.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Xbox Live: Mr Poho
Poho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #35
Evan
Nexus Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
...price matching problems at walmart are all due to incompetent employees.
I agree. I tried to price match Deluxe movie 1 figures at Walmart a while back. They did the usual "call everyone in the store" routine to come to the front. The flyer had a picture of Deluxe Bumblebee, so the toy dept manager went back to the toy section, and brought up every Bumblebee figure he could find, saying that those were the ones they could price match. I couldn't price match Cliffjumper because "He's red. He's not the yellow one." Don't even get me started on trying to get Stockade. I explained deluxe class to him. He didn't understand. Finally the customer service desk lady showed him where the package said "deluxes" and I got the price match.

And in regards to ROTF deluxes being on sale at Zellers, I think they are $14.99 until the 30% off sale starts on Friday. Then they go back up to $16.99.

Last edited by Evan; 09-14-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #36
3rdStryk3
Generation 1

For those looking to get Superion, it has been a clearance item for a while now. Some Zellers stores have been selling them for $19.99. For some reason most stores have him priced at $39.99 when you scan it, but because it’s a clearance item you get an additional percentage off at check out time. To explain further, clearance items have a yellow price sticker on them and in some stores there will be a sign saying take an additional percentage off the yellow sticker price. Now the odd thing is that sometimes it’s 30%, sometimes it’s 40% and sometimes it’s 50%. Most often it’s 30%, but depending on the week it can be 40% or 50%, I guess it’s up to the store manager. For example, at the Billings Bridge Zellers, two weeks ago anything with a yellow sticker was 50% off, last week it was 40% off. I haven’t checked this week yet so who knows what it could be?
So I suggest maybe it’s worth it to look around or wait a while since Superion’s are shelf warmers anyway. Also, I read somewhere that some stores were selling them for $19.99 straight up, so in theory you may be able to get 30% off that price during this sale. But in the end a $28.00 Superion is still better than the (what was it $59.99?) price they wanted at release.

As for price matching, I’ve had both good and bad experiences. However, something that hasn’t been mentioned and I really don’t condone it, is that you could buy something in the same class at Zeller’s for the sale price and exchange it for the item you do want at Walmart or Toys ‘Я’ Us. As long as it’s the same price/class and still new in box; they generally won’t give you a hard time and you won’t need a receipt because you’re not asking for a refund. For example, you could exchange a Leader Class Megatron for a Leader Class Jetfire. Although this method is a bit underhanded, it wouldn’t be necessary if they would simply relax their own price matching policies and not give people a hard time. So in a way you could say it’s justified.
3rdStryk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #37
JLvatron
Chosen 1

Nice explanation,
...but Your last line is TeeHee-ous!

JLvatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #38
Uberman
Energon

Ahh, sweet, sweet justification.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:40 PM   #39
generalblast

"Yay! The sale starts this week!" When I went to Zellers, it was a big disappointment. I thought it was some kind of sick,cruel joke. I looked at the flyer so much times and I was like .

Then I went back and saw "STARTS SEPT 18". I wasn't too happy to find out it starts next week. I just wasted time. But on the other hand, I got what I need there.

I know it's good to put it up early. Please put this up when it's really confirmed. Putting it up too early can cause misunderstanding.
generalblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #40
vujonny
Generation 1

can u still get 10% spc on top on this
vujonny is offline   Reply With Quote