Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Joalro
Robot in Disguise
Exams...

So, it's that wonderful time of the year. There's snow on the ground, shopping malls of full of people buying gifts, family is making plans for the big get-togethers a few weeks from now...

That's right guys. It's exam time. These happen to be the most important exams I've personally ever written. I'm JUST at the cut-off point for applying to grad school. So if I want any hope to put myself through more of this "fun", I need to get really good marks on these exams.

Anyone else feeling the winter heat?
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
pud333
Animated
Re: Exams...

Ah exams... I don't miss school at all.

pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #3
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated
Send a message via Skype™ to TMIIWonkoNemises

Not really.I've already went through two exams this week,one for Anthropology and Social Science.

It's actually isn't as nerve-wrecking as I thought it would be.I studied my Anthro exam for a few days,only to find out it's bloody easy,even the essay question (Which spoke about gender stereotypes in the field of science).Social Science was a bit tricky since it was an essay question only when you translate English in the turn of the century,but even that was settled (Key was to explain the doctrines of Adam Smith and John Keynes and put it in the context of John Stuart Mill in terms of labour,capital,and opulence)

I`ve got two more exams:Economics and Astronomy.Passed the first two Economics midterms so it will be a breeze,not to mention that I already have a high mark in Astronomy....so,I will do fine.

However,to any people taking exams and have having or pending nervous breakdowns...just take a deep breathe,relax,and just glance through and work on some stuff.Trust me,it will turn out to be an easy exam,even on the essay questions....

...unless you`re studying for math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whisky Tango Foxtrot View Post
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
TMIIWonkoNemises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Joalro
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMIIWonkoNemises View Post
...unless you`re studying for math.
my program is mathematical physics...
Joalro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:01 PM   #5
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joalro View Post
Can`t help you man.I`m not left-minded. :P

Regardless,you`ll do fine,just take my advice.Good luck

Quote:
My anus is certainly not a secret toys garden, and I'm deeply offended by the insinuation!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:56 PM   #6
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joalro View Post
Oh I rememer exams well. Did a Compsci degree, a few years back, but still not up to your level of pressure with grad school in the balance. The way I used to deal with the pressure was to think to myself "what's the worst that can happen? I fail." Don't get me wrong. School is important and you better be going into the exam with guns ready and ammo clips full, but if you fail, you pick yourself up have at 'er again. That mental trick has saved my ass a bunch of times. I remember I used to freezing up in exams and having to claw my way out, brown underwear time and writing like mad until time's up. But once I started using that attitude to relax, never froze again for more than a few second and started finishing exams ahead of time. I once finished what was supposed to be a three hour exam in 45 minutes. And yes I did look on both sides of the exam sheets. hahha. I think it's a matter of realizing that you can recover. It's not a lost limb or worse. It's just not knowing or not being able to figure out answers right then. I guess it's a bit of metaphor for life in general. We're always looking for answers, and sometimes we just don't have them, and that's ok as long as we keep looking. But it sure is great when we do have the answers isn't it?
Old 12-10-2010, 02:00 AM   #7
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

I had my first one today...got 4 in 5 days next week...I'm gonna get so plastered once I'm done them all...

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 09:41 AM   #8
Ground Zero
Generation 2

Good luck! I hated exams, but in a way, I miss them. I miss the whole University thing. I still dream about University -- about missing classes or forgetting an exam. These days will haunt you for the rest of your life ;-)

My last semester I overloaded myself with courses -- took a graduate course and had to write my honors thesis plus took 4 courses on top of that. All of them were a blast, but I thought for sure I was going to fail at least one of them. In the end though, I got the best marks I had since my first year and got back on the Dean's List
Ground Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #9
TMIIWonkoNemises
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan View Post
I had my first one today...got 4 in 5 days next week...I'm gonna get so plastered once I'm done them all...
Lucky you....after my last exam,I have to prepare to an 8 hour car trip.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2010, 12:45 AM   #10
Black Cat
Animated

I'm loving my exams so far. One was performance, one was commercial writing and a few questions, today's exam was a letter (rolls eyes), have a news/legal exam coming up, a skills exam, and a presentation.

I wish exams were always this easy.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote