Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 12-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #21
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Re: Fido not carrying Blackberry

Is Apple iPhone that bad?
Old 12-29-2014, 07:22 PM   #22
Rev
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Is Apple iPhone that bad?
The iPhone is great. Android is great. Some people just prefer one over the other. They basically do the same things.
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:45 PM   #23
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

New Blackberry phones came out and coming soon;

The Passport: Sep 2014
The Z30: Sep 2014
The Z10: Feb 2014
The Q10: May 2014
Blackberry Classic: Dec 2014
The Z20: Feb 2015
The Q30: Sometime in 2015 (like in spring)
The Z50: Sometime in 2015 (like in the summer, I heard in June)

As a Blackberry guy, that's something to look forward to for a new BB phone. I was with BB since 2009 early 2010

Last edited by Ironwave; 12-30-2014 at 12:46 AM.
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:46 PM   #24
Jefro
Robot in Disguise

I'm back to using a Blackberry after using a Samsung Android for years and am quite pleased. My Z10 as of now runs any and all android apps I've tried. And once the Passport official launches in the new year the 10.3.1 update goes live which supports android 100%.

Call quality & reception are just fantastic. The touch keyboard is simply the best I've ever used. The HUB is brilliant! 16gb internal storage with 64gb external. HDMI output.
Jefro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #25
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

I might opt for the Q10 or the Classic, don't like huge big phones, that's just me
Old 03-17-2015, 06:00 PM   #26
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

Fido made me an offer for the iPhone 5S, since Fido doesn't carry BlackBerry, and I have 3 options, either get an upgrade and get the iPhone 5S for free, wait till my contract finishes or at least becomes at reasonable price to buy it out, transfer my line to Rogers and get a BlackBerry, which Rogers gives me 100$ credit for becoming a new customer.

The offer is for the iPhone 5S;

75$ Max Plan 4 GB of data, unlimited nationwide incoming and outgoing calls, unlimited international text messages, voice mail, call display, and for the 6 first months the plan will be 70$ instead of 75$ and the phone would be free and they would cover my buyout. I am hesitant as, either I wait and see what happens with Fido and BlackBerry or jump on the offer. I am 11 year old Fido customer.

What do you think?
Old 03-17-2015, 06:46 PM   #27
Grimtron
Generation 2

Have you consider just buying the phone from another retailer and just putting the Fido SIM card inside??
Grimtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 07:46 PM   #28
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

I would have to pay full price for the phone
Old 03-18-2015, 09:02 AM   #29
timcrook
Cybertron

Another option is to renew your contract and sell the "free" phone you get and use that money to buy an unlocked bb.
timcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:30 AM   #30
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro View Post
I'm back to using a Blackberry after using a Samsung Android for years and am quite pleased. My Z10 as of now runs any and all android apps I've tried. And once the Passport official launches in the new year the 10.3.1 update goes live which supports android 100%.

Call quality & reception are just fantastic. The touch keyboard is simply the best I've ever used. The HUB is brilliant! 16gb internal storage with 64gb external. HDMI output.
I agree with this. I don't remember if posted this already but I use a Z30 and it's a near perfect phone IMO now that the O/S updated to the latest one the Passport uses. Only thing that could improve is the camera. Samsung wins on that front. The native games suck but I don't use games much, plus I just load amazon app store and can load most Android apps and games from there and also Netflix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwave View Post
Fido made me an offer for the iPhone 5S, since Fido doesn't carry BlackBerry, and I have 3 options, either get an upgrade and get the iPhone 5S for free, wait till my contract finishes or at least becomes at reasonable price to buy it out, transfer my line to Rogers and get a BlackBerry, which Rogers gives me 100$ credit for becoming a new customer.

The offer is for the iPhone 5S;

75$ Max Plan 4 GB of data, unlimited nationwide incoming and outgoing calls, unlimited international text messages, voice mail, call display, and for the 6 first months the plan will be 70$ instead of 75$ and the phone would be free and they would cover my buyout. I am hesitant as, either I wait and see what happens with Fido and BlackBerry or jump on the offer. I am 11 year old Fido customer.

What do you think?
Sounds like you would be overpaying. I used to think the large touch screen would be a negative thing. I too like the feel of physical keys. But the touch sensitivity on this screen is really good and not overly sensitive like iPads. Navigating web pages with a big screen is HUGE benefit too. Plus BBM rules
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote