Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Canadian Transformers News

Old 07-16-2010, 10:45 AM   #21
Nemesis Predaking
Wears Sunglasses at Night
Re: TFcon 2010 Night-bird first images revealed

I'm not digging this myself, but then again. I don't go to TFCon for the exclusive.
Last years was awesome, but with the controversy it kinda soured the pot (so to speak).
My hats off to the staff for this one, last years was certainly a hard one to follow up on.

You know you're an old nerd when you feel the effects of inflation on action figures.
Youtube Twitter
Nemesis Predaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:16 AM   #22
UltraMarknus
Springer Fanboy
UltraMarknus's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis Predaking View Post
I'm not digging this myself, but then again. I don't go to TFCon for the exclusive.
Last years was awesome, but with the controversy it kinda soured the pot (so to speak).
My hats off to the staff for this one, last years was certainly a hard one to follow up on.
Agreed, I do not think it takes away from the Con at all whether you like the exclusive or not. Its still a great opportunity for us fans to revell in the greatness that is TF. Last year's exclusive was just off the charts.

My Feedback Thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=ultramarknus
UltraMarknus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:24 AM   #23
teruo313
Beasty

I'm glad I didn't pre-order this one as I'm not liking it at all. Of course that might change when I see it in person, but just going off Arcee and this picture, it looks a bit cheap. It's one of those things where I think the concept was great, but the execution is meh.
teruo313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:26 AM   #24
Cheers Ian
twitter @cheersian

I don't think anyone should really start bitching about the quality of the piece yet, No one has it in hand yet.

We should be thankful that the TFcon staff are so passionate about what they do, they work pretty hard to obtain an exclusive toy for us from a third party company (due to the politics involved with Hasbro and Botcon, preventing them from obtaining an actual Hasbro product).

So let's not start hammering on the TFcon staff or how last years exclusive was better.

Cheers!
-Ian
Old 07-16-2010, 01:07 PM   #25
MisBio12
Robot in Disguise

100% better than arcee. better paint apps. sooooooooooo goina by this at tfcon
MisBio12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 02:30 PM   #26
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

I find it amusing that this figure/mold is getting so much love/hate from many who don't even have the figure in hand yet. Are there concerns, yeah. My arcee is the mail as I write this, and I'm now worried about plastic and molding quality, ALOT. But lets not be lemmings here and go over the cliff before more people get these figures in hand.
Old 07-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #27
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
I find it amusing that this figure/mold is getting so much love/hate from many who don't even have the figure in hand yet. Are there concerns, yeah. My arcee is the mail as I write this, and I'm now worried about plastic and molding quality, ALOT. But lets not be lemmings here and go over the cliff before more people get these figures in hand.
eh...why do people bother with reviews then? I make buying decisions off of what reviewers say and what I see of the toy in videos and pics. Why can't people form an opinion of a product through seeing pictures, videos, and listening to the opinions of reviewers?

I don't think there should be too much hate for Impossible Toys out of all of this though. They tried their best and it looks like they got screwed over by the factory they had build these. Looking at the quality of my quint figures I'd say they make good stuff and this is just an exception.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #28
Sun Swipe Prime
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh_da_man View Post
eh...why do people bother with reviews then? I make buying decisions off of what reviewers say and what I see of the toy in videos and pics. Why can't people form an opinion of a product through seeing pictures, videos, and listening to the opinions of reviewers?
But do you just take a small sample size and automatically assume it's true for every figure? It may well be, but have you read some of the comments? Overly harsh IMO for just a handful of examples. I'm not saying you can't form an opinion, it's not even close to what I'm saying. I'm just saying don't go and freak out before more info comes in. Maybe after a few more people can get these in hand and confirm or counter what's being seen in these pics. I mean really, if you're turned off from the figures based on pic and the review, that fine, but to totally blast it, I don't think that's fair.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #29
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Not impressed...
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #30
hugh_da_man
Armada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Swipe Prime View Post
But do you just take a small sample size and automatically assume it's true for every figure? It may well be, but have you read some of the comments? Overly harsh IMO for just a handful of examples. I'm not saying you can't form an opinion, it's not even close to what I'm saying. I'm just saying don't go and freak out before more info comes in. Maybe after a few more people can get these in hand and confirm or counter what's being seen in these pics. I mean really, if you're turned off from the figures based on pic and the review, that fine, but to totally blast it, I don't think that's fair.
I don't know man. TFW is littered with posts saying Arcee was broken in box, sloppy paint, dirty, fragile, etc. Unless Night-bird is coming from a different factory (and I don't think it is) I'm not over optimistic that the quality will be much better than what Pascal and Megamould showed us.

Really the only people I've seen that are "freaking out" are people who actually got one and it showed up broken or dirty or whatever.
hugh_da_man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
night-bird, tfcon 2010