Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 09-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Socko76
Old Skool
Socko76's Ebay Auctions
Et Tu Manager?

So I picked up MP SW from a TRU in the buffalo area. The box is wrecked but the figure looks fine.

Anyway, when I was cashing out, the man at the cash who I suspect to be the manager had an interesting conversation with me.

Manager: Soooo, is this THE soundwave?

Me: Yup

Manager: I heard we have one in but I couldn't find it. Was it in the Transformers Aisle?

Me: Yeah

We make some small talk about the box being damaged but its the best one I can find while my wife kinda rolls her eyes.

Manager (to my wife): Not to happy he's buying this? You will be when he sells it for $300.

The manager was very nice and everything it just kind of alarmed me that this guy was:

A Was looking for MP SW
B: Knew it was worth money.

So it looks like we might not only need to worry about the young employees but also the managers. This is also a reason why we as a community should refrain from asking staff or calling in. First of all, it does nothing and second, we are throwing up red flags for these high demand items.

Their ignorance is our advantage.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #2
Deception
Crossover
Re: Et Tu Manager?

well, i'm sure tru employees also ask their manager if they can buy toys right when it comes out or hold it for them until their next paycheck haha so its not surprising. also with soundwave being a tru exclusive and with the endless inquiries i'm anyone who've worked at a tru will know its value
Deception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #3
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

The managers are the worst. I know the ones at Cedarbrae were after SW and were calling other local TRUs to get them before customers. This was told to me by workers at Cedarbrae and Vic Park. The Vic Park manager has straight up lied to me before.

Oh well. It's the hobby.
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:20 PM   #4
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socko76 View Post
So I picked up MP SW from a TRU in the buffalo area. The box is wrecked but the figure looks fine.

Anyway, when I was cashing out, the man at the cash who I suspect to be the manager had an interesting conversation with me.

Manager: Soooo, is this THE soundwave?

Me: Yup

Manager: I heard we have one in but I couldn't find it. Was it in the Transformers Aisle?

Me: Yeah

We make some small talk about the box being damaged but its the best one I can find while my wife kinda rolls her eyes.

Manager (to my wife): Not to happy he's buying this? You will be when he sells it for $300.

The manager was very nice and everything it just kind of alarmed me that this guy was:

A Was looking for MP SW
B: Knew it was worth money.

So it looks like we might not only need to worry about the young employees but also the managers.
Oh for fucks sake...people need to stop being paranoid over this shit

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
brr-icy
G1 Collector
Send a message via MSN to brr-icy

Lol, yeah chris, or just buy takara

my collection ^ Brr-icy Photgraphy on Facebook
Mostly G1 Japan Want list My Blog
my feedback:
Cybertron.ca
TFW
brr-icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
The7thParallel
Nexus Maximus

GM FAN IS IN ON IT! KILL HIM!!!

(or else he's got a point).
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
xueyue2
Canadian Slag

Who cares? If anyone think holding SW or other masterpieces can make lots of money, they are more than welcome to do so. Personally I won't pay much for these ridiculous price toys on ebay.

sell/trade/wanted thread
feedback

xueyue2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
General Tekno
Lugnut rules!
Send a message via AIM to General Tekno Send a message via MSN to General Tekno

Chris is right - people are being paranoid here.

Will some managers/employees scalp? Probably. Will some CUSTOMERS scalp? Probably. C'est la vie.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #9
Socko76
Old Skool
Socko76's Ebay Auctions

Just an FYI: Im not being paranoid, just relaying something I saw and sharing my thoughts.

I know people scalp just like I know people cut in line, cut off people on the highway, and steal parking spots. None of these things hurt anyone, they are just selfish things people do that annoy others.

This wasn't paranoia, it was more a case of being let down. Like being cut off by a person with a religious bumper sticker or seeing a mother berate a cashier as their child looks on. It sucks because I expected more.

That all being said, my reason for the post was to relay my experience and to give a suggestion to the community. I was not saying all employees are scalpers (that would be paranoia), I'm just giving a best practice suggestion to minimize scalper opportunity. My bad.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:47 PM   #10
GMfan
Robot in Disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socko76 View Post
Just an FYI: Im not being paranoid, just relaying something I saw and sharing my thoughts.

I know people scalp just like I know people cut in line, cut off people on the highway, and steal parking spots. None of these things hurt anyone, they are just selfish things people do that annoy others.

This wasn't paranoia, it was more a case of being let down. Like being cut off by a person with a religious bumper sticker or seeing a mother berate a cashier as their child looks on. It sucks because I expected more.

That all being said, my reason for the post was to relay my experience and to give a suggestion to the community. I was not saying all employees are scalpers (that would be paranoia), I'm just giving a best practice suggestion to minimize scalper opportunity. My bad.
Don't get me wrong. They're good suggestions....but the reality is it won't change a thing because little to no one will listen. Especially those with a boarderline addiction disorder.

Canadian Slag ...it's a podcast. About robits. Listen to it...cuz you can't watch it.
GMfan is offline   Reply With Quote