Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-13-2011, 10:58 PM   #61
miasboytoy
Animated
Re: Target Coming to Canada!

plus target likes to put stuff on clearance as they dont like having old stock for toys unlike zellers/bay/sears. gone down many times to find great sales/clearance items that were still full price here.
miasboytoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:04 PM   #62
pandaprime
aficionado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miasboytoy View Post
plus target likes to put stuff on clearance as they dont like having old stock for toys unlike zellers/bay/sears. gone down many times to find great sales/clearance items that were still full price here.
that sounds really good! I hope my nearest Zellers is one of the first to switch!

Feedback thread:Cybertron.ca
Items for sale thread: Selling TFs

Last edited by pandaprime; 01-14-2011 at 12:37 AM.
pandaprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:30 PM   #63
ringrust
Inaction Master

This news won't affect my area. Man, I miss the early 80's when I could get TF's from Woolworths/Woolco, Kresges, Eatons and the Met. Now it's just Wal-Mart. Bleh! Thank Primus for online ordering!
ringrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:34 AM   #64
Deemar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
Wow. Seriously dude. This takes me back. That Target used to be by the old Dominion right? I can remember getting Nickelodeon's GAK there when I was younger.

Did you go to School in NFLD?
It was near the old Dominion but I think the store right next to it was a Bi-Way, then changed to a K-Mart, now it's either Coleman's or Lawton's, whichever of them knocked down the wall on their side. Remember the white tags they'd give you and then slide your bucket of groceries around the maze until it came out outside? Oh man........

I went to O'Donel, graduated 1999. Got my degree out of province though.
Deemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #65
joshimus
Metroplex

Oh the days of Consumers Distributing. Go through a magazine, write your happy little list, take it to the teller, let them check out back just to come back and say "sorry, don't have any".... Good times!!!

Honestly, ever since we got new sightings at Zellers I still try to avoid going into one. The one on Mohawk is unacceptable by any standards. It's just a disaster all around. Toys is too many different places as if no one actually works there.
That's the thing really. I think with Walmart and Zellers, I don't think either corporation has clued in as to how to hire people that GIVE A DAMN about the section.
I'll say one thing, Bartons Zellers is looking nice, just too bad they took in old stock instead of new. I actually found one of the new sightings there (thunderwing)
Well, guess I should tell my mom to use her Zellers points...
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #66
CobraCommander
ありがとう任天堂 ಠ_ಠ

Oh well there go the days of getting $20 Leader class TF's that don't scan and the employees are to lazy to verify the actual price

However having real clearance prices on old merch will rock!
G.I.Joe Figures - Hisstank

Feedback Threads:
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 01:12 AM   #67
lars573
Energon
Re: Goodbye Zellers and Hellooooooo Target!!!!!

Your a couple years too late on that lament. HBC was bought by a US bazillionaire 5 years ago. Then he died, and his widow sold it to another one. Now that US bazillionaire sold all their Zelllers stores to Target.
Old 01-14-2011, 01:34 AM   #68
Sideswipe
Break it down!

If anything, I hope Target will be able to move the old stock better. Maybe someday Burning fallen will find a home.........at less than full retail price.....
Sideswipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #69
TFtoys
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheers Ian View Post
This is good news!

Their US counterparts will still have different product and better selection, but I am excited that the takeover will happen.

Zellers has to be one of the most inconsistent stores in terms of distribution and overall store selection/organization.
I hope. Even Walmart in Canada has slower arrangement than the US one and the price point is added with Canadian factor. Maybe because of more density of people in US, they get to retire and restock items quicker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomGundam View Post
I'd like to hope that it'll make availability better, somehow, I feel like things are going to be the same, toy-wise.

We've gotten a good chunk of the Target exclusives at Zellers already, and it won't change the fact that we'll need the trilingual packaging, "Quebec-safe" versions and whatnot.
Ido agree that there is already so many Zellers in the urban cities. If target's price could be cheaper, it could make a huge different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljaxx View Post
local Zellers here in Bathurst Still has 10 year old SPICE GIRLS action figures for $9.99...
Still Bructicus Max left at there ?
TFtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #70
Badgertron
Robot Master
Send a message via MSN to Badgertron

The best thing about Zellers was also its worst: You can always find old stock there. Smart collectors recognize this as a bonus, as times uncountable I've seen or snagged some great merch that was hard to find, or that I'd just passed on at the time, because of this feature. The place always was a mess, though, and is one of the only department stores that still feels like you're in the 80's.

As for exclusives...well, I expect us to still get them, possibly without the "will they or wont they" mentality that we had with Zellers. But as was proven with the ROTF combiner sets, Zellers got 'em late, and they put them on deep discount. This has been great for Canadian collectors...let's hope that that phenomena continues. If we end up with a cleaner, better lit & better staffed store in the meantime? Just gravy.

-BT
Badgertron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buyout, hbc, target, zellers