Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 05-20-2014, 04:03 PM   #11
QuadESL63
Canadian Slag
Re: A bit... underwhelmed by it all

Money well saved! I may get all the AoE Dinobots but 99% of my funds will go to TT MPs, third parties and (any) classic/generations for sure.

Looking for:
  • Nothing... spent too much lately
QuadESL63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:22 PM   #12
alternatorfan
g1 baby

Yeah i agree
Many of the retailers ie
Superstore, target even walmart
Had Nothing for may17 release dateand
Still continue to not have merchandise at their stores
Poor publicity on all stores!
alternatorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:26 PM   #13
laffy
Crossover

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Because movie toys generally suck? I mean, what expectations could you possibly have had?
I have 0 NO expectations at all but to pickup the dino team.. BUT I caved and walked out with Leader Prime , leader grimlock and Voyager Prime... as well...

do I regret it I sure as hell DO, till I got home and played abit with them.. Now I have to say im glad I bought them
laffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:27 PM   #14
Undrave
Canadian Slag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwankenobi View Post
The Bayverse toys peaked with the RotF/HftD lines, IMO. HA 'Bee and Barricade, the various incarncations of Leader OP (Jet Power, Striker, Battle Hooks, etc.) the awesome Leader SS (made complete with the Fans Want It add-on), BBBB, Battle Ops 'Bee. That was as good as Movieverse will ever get.
Pretty much. There is a bunch of toys from that era I wouldn't mind getting, mostly non-screen characters mind you, but the stuff from Dark of the Moon felt so insubstantial and uninspired... and this line is even worse because of the cut to budgets we've gotten recently.
Undrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:30 PM   #15
jjwankenobi
Midichlorian Count Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNSrobot View Post
Because movie toys generally suck? I mean, what expectations could you possibly have had?
Generally agree with you except for the handful I mentioned. Bayverse isn't G1 or MPs (which I now only collect) so no expectations after the intial wave of movie toys hit in 2007 when it was clear that Classics (at the time) was the closest we'd get to G1.

jjwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #16
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

The silly thing is that the toys that are being released (Evasion Prime, Hound) are among some of the better movie toys released too date.

Maybe I just mess the days when Transformers was a toy line, not a Movie franchise.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:35 PM   #17
mcmus
Animated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
The silly thing is that the toys that are being released (Evasion Prime, Hound) are among some of the better movie toys released too date.

Maybe I just mess the days when Transformers was a toy line, not a Movie franchise.
I am debating on both Evasion Prime and Hound. They both look great on paper but they kind of look average in the video review.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #18
Scrapper6
Nexus Maximus

I'm not, this is the first movie line, where not counting exclusives, has the least amount of figures in the main size classes. I'm figuring on picking up all of the deluxes and voyagers and skipping the leaders, plus it'll mean I'll have everything from the main retail line without worrying about missing figures like with the DotM fiasco.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:39 PM   #19
positivelyken
One Man Gestalt

Just be patient, the movieverse toy line often includes some excellent surprises in the later waves. This is still the pre-film release period.

Besides, the Generations line is looking really good this year. There'll be plenty of plastic crack for everyone!
positivelyken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:46 PM   #20
Team Jetfire
More zero's in the behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmus View Post
I am debating on both Evasion Prime and Hound. They both look great on paper but they kind of look average in the video review.
Hound looks great to me. It`s the "other" truck that I'm really disapointed in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
I'm not, this is the first movie line, where not counting exclusives, has the least amount of figures in the main size classes. I'm figuring on picking up all of the deluxes and voyagers and skipping the leaders, plus it'll mean I'll have everything from the main retail line without worrying about missing figures like with the DotM fiasco.
True enough, and I'm with you. Only buying the generations stuff and no leaders so it's cheaper for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by positivelyken View Post
Just be patient, the movieverse toy line often includes some excellent surprises in the later waves. This is still the pre-film release period.

Besides, the Generations line is looking really good this year. There'll be plenty of plastic crack for everyone!
Yeah, that stuff looks great.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote