Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 03-07-2021, 03:32 AM   #181
Mumps
Canadian Slag
Re: The Transformers VENTING Thread

Honestly, in this climate, it's not worth it. If I can't find a toy online easily, or in the one trip to Walmart I made in the last 6 months, then the toy isn't worth getting. It's not worth risking my health, or my families health over a toy. Sure, I'd like to have the ER Netflix deluxe toys, but I'll pass.
Mumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:42 AM   #182
steamwhistle
Crossover

I missed out on the G1 Astrotrain reissues last year. Resigned to buy a previous reissue from an onLine store for slightly more.

Sucks about some staff at TRU. Online help doesn't seem too helpful for local in-store stock. In-store staff can be hit-or-miss.

I heard a number of times MP-Soundwave boxes were dropped and kicked around because staff was/were sick of fielding calls every 20 seconds with people calling about stock.

There were plenty of complaints about dinged, dented, and damaged Soundwave boxes at the time. I saw all 4 at my local TRU; All 4 had damage. No other TFs had damage.

That being said, I've had many helpful encounters with staff in-store. One even cut open a plastic-wrapped pallet on the floor and played a bit of Jenga to get to the box of MP-10s at the bottom of the pallet for me. (I bought one and left the other).

Sucks during these times that with the concerns about the virus, it's hard to go into stores. Pandemic is tough on everyone; Store employees also likely have personal concerns about the virus, but still have to work. But really, Hasbro and TRU should have a better plan in place about handling exclusives. A more thorough plan would be better for both customers and employees.

I think I heard HasbroPulse is starting an onLine section for such store exclusives. Hopefully that will be (more) helpful in the future.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Feedback thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showt...t=steamwhistle
steamwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 09:55 AM   #183
evenstaves
you renegade maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernamePrime View Post
but you gotta get up and go to these place. armchair pilots always lose out on exclusives
This is unfortunate but true

I got Netflix BB, Elita & Soundwave from WMs in Brockville & Kemptville - I don't waste any time calling around I just go
Can't trust the staffers to know or even care about our toy crusades, all we are is the reason they hate the toy aisles
evenstaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:24 PM   #184
Collectingtoys
Kid of the 80's

I am just waiting for the Studio Series 86 figures to arrive at Toys R Us so I can get them on sale so nothing I've been wanting lately.

Not on Cybertron.ca as often like pre-pandemic, but seeing the distribution fiasco, it certainly seems like the fun of getting a brand new Transformers toy is almost gone.

Hope everyone here can get the figure that they want at a reasonable price.

However, once life gets back to normal, sure hope the distributions channels get better 'cause turning off enthusiasts from the brand in big numbers does have material impact.

I do feel your frustration folks. Life is short, don't forgot to have more fun than frustration!
Collectingtoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 04:22 PM   #185
LegendaryArticuno
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collectingtoys View Post
However, once life gets back to normal, sure hope the distributions channels get better 'cause turning off enthusiasts from the brand in big numbers does have material impact.
Does anyone have insider knowledge on how distribution will catch up? Will Walmart/TRU stock their shelves with multiple generations at once, or will there be a "lost generation" where they didn't order any stock and just moved onto whatever is the latest line?

Really want to get Netflix Elita-1 and Shockwave at MSRP
LegendaryArticuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:07 PM   #186
Tiffster
Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryArticuno View Post
Does anyone have insider knowledge on how distribution will catch up? Will Walmart/TRU stock their shelves with multiple generations at once, or will there be a "lost generation" where they didn't order any stock and just moved onto whatever is the latest line?

Netflix schockwave? If you mean siege many Toysrus are clearing him out for $30. On the other hand if you meant soundwave..good luck.
Tiffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:30 PM   #187
The Nemesis
Alternator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryArticuno View Post

I highly doubt there will be any sort of do-over on the stuff that was short-stocked this year. Maybe some sort of limited Pulse release on bigger ticket stuff (the way there's been an Omega Supreme limited distribution extra release)? but chances are they'll just wrap up and move on to the next line for 2022 like nothing happened.

which sucks because I want my freaking retro Chromedome without spending $50+ on ebay. And Bumblebee. Because making Bumblebee a Netflix-line exclusive was extremely stupid.
Old 03-15-2021, 05:39 PM   #188
LegendaryArticuno
Generation 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffster View Post
Netflix schockwave? If you mean siege many Toysrus are clearing him out for $30. On the other hand if you meant soundwave..good luck.
Sorry, meant SOUNDwave. I actually just saw Leader/Siege Shockwave at 50% off at a local TRU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I highly doubt there will be any sort of do-over on the stuff that was short-stocked this year. Maybe some sort of limited Pulse release on bigger ticket stuff (the way there's been an Omega Supreme limited distribution extra release)? but chances are they'll just wrap up and move on to the next line for 2022 like nothing happened.

which sucks because I want my freaking retro Chromedome without spending $50+ on ebay. And Bumblebee. Because making Bumblebee a Netflix-line exclusive was extremely stupid.
Is Hasbro Pulse worthwhile to check? Factoring the exchange rate and shipping cost, does it still end up being cheaper than Amazon or Ebay?

Last edited by LegendaryArticuno; 03-15-2021 at 05:47 PM.
LegendaryArticuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:46 PM   #189
wesperino
Energon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post

So will be do overs if they were in the shipping containers that are now lost at sea from the big dump in December.

My exclusive seeker set is with Davey Jones. I sure hope they do another run so every Canadian that pre ordered through amazon Canada gets them. Shit I didn’t even get my ironhide prowl set either.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 05:49 PM   #190
UsernamePrime
G.I. Joe is better.

europe had coneheads on preorder a week ago which is a positive sign at least
UsernamePrime is offline   Reply With Quote