Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 06-24-2008, 01:10 AM   #1
ohnaji
Beasty
Battle Begins 2 pack thoughts

As far as I'm concerned, I just spent $33 on getting Animated Voyager Prime a proper Axe accessory. Optimus, looks so much better wielding a show accurate prop. The enhancement is incredible. Unfortunately I'm really hating the figures it came with and I really wasn't expecting too.
Watching various video reviews and reading feedback can never really prepare yourself for the failure of this magnitude.
Megatron has fairly decent articulation, but the joints on mine are incredibly loose especially on the hips. Because of this it's impossible to put it in any decent dynamic pose. Add to the fact that the action power punch gimmick effectively neutralizes waist articulation. I can't say I like the alt mode. Upon closer inspection, it more resembles a psuedo mechanical chicken with it's head cut off.
Prime is a huge dissapointment. I'm a big fan of the Cybertron DLX model, and I hoped that the similarities would produce an equally engaging figure. One major issue is the same action gimmick found in Megs. Waist articulation is useless and even worse, unlike Megs the waist doesn't align straight with the hips. The sculpt itself isn't bad, but the painted battle damage is really distracting. On mine, the hinge joints that form the shoulders are loose and that may become a larger problem later on. This figure isn't as charming as its Cybertron counterpart or as much fun.
Honestly, I don't think Hasbro could sell these as individual DLX figures. Both are superfluous and saddled with a poorly executed gimmick. It's an obvious cash grab, but hell Hasbro just got more of my money. Oh well...my Voyager Prime just became more awesome.

Last edited by ohnaji; 06-24-2008 at 03:29 AM.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 02:58 AM   #2
Blurrz
Fast Everything
Re: Battle Begins 2 pack thoughts

That's too bad too hear. I remember alot of people earlier said they were going to buy this pack.. and not buy any other Megs or OPs. Haha Guess not!
Old 06-24-2008, 07:17 AM   #3
Batman
The Dark Knight

I actually really like these figures. Yes the battle damage sucks, but if you can look past that, they are pretty cool figures.

My Megatron had loose ball joints on the hips, but a little plastic wrap around the ball and BAM tight as can be. This version is more toon accurate than the voyager is. He is very poseable, and his cannon is removable. I really like this guy.

The Optimus Prime is just as cool. It is basically a heavily modded cybertron mode Prime figure. Transformation is relatively the same with a couple extra steps. Looks great in both modes, truck is very sleek, while robot mode is very brutish. He looks like G1 Prime. The axe is also very nice. This is one of my favourite animated figures so far, I just can't put him down.

The action feature isn't bad at all. Basically you turn the waist and the upper torso swiings back into place. It does click into place so you can pose him at the waist as well. Not to gimmicky at all.

I highly reccomend them
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:37 AM   #4
Protoman
The Legend

I think it's one of the better buys within the line. Both Optimus and Megatron look great (dispite what most people say about the extra paint apps), the DVD is a nice bonus and heck the box looks nice too.
Follow Protoman on TWITTER - Protoman http://twitter.com/Protoman
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 10:50 AM   #5
tripleb
an icon of evil

I find the hips in my megs figure are loose as well, and where he has the cannon on the right arm, his upper half tends to lean to the right side, even more so with the loose hips

but with that said I do like these figure and I'm glad I bought them
Old 06-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #6
Goaliebot
All Makes and Models

I *love* these figures. I did get a pair with good joints, so maybe that's a key factor, but these 2 are so poseable and fun to play with. Prime has an impressive transformation and Megs is decent enough though a little cheap with the visible face underneath the alien craft.

Just my 2 cents!
Do you have Perfect Effect Powermaster Prime upgrades PC-15 (little Ginrai dude) and PC-16 (transforming Prime cab) - or Fans Hobby Powerbaser - and you want some hard-to-get MISB ER / TR figures (the 3 ER Coneheads, Runamok, TR Twin Twist & Top Spin)? PM me if you're interested in working out a trade!
Goaliebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
montague78

uuhhhh ya.....i paid $29.99 plus tax for an axe!!! However the effect and look this axe has on my voyager prime makes it well worth it!!!

As for the figures...Prime now welds cybertron primes axe. Him and Megs are both battle ready on my desk at work!
montague78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
Pascal
Banned

I still think Cybertron mode Prime is the best Animated Prime released so far.
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #9
ohnaji
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I still think Cybertron mode Prime is the best Animated Prime released so far.
I'd like to think of Cybertron Prime as compressed goodness. It's the type of figure you just can't stop fiddling with. For this reason alone, I was so stoked for the Battle Damage version due to the similarities. After handling, transforming, and posing this guy, I can't help but feel that Hasbro got sloppy with the engineering and rushed it out to store shelves.
Cybertron Prime was lightning in a bottle. It's a tough standard to live up to.
ohnaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #10
Network
Machine War

I noticed the hips on Prime after I got him out of the box. I plan to rectify that once I get home.

megs' hip are kinda loose but nothing a little nail polish can't handle. although I might try that plastic wrap first.

megs is my fave actually. I really like the bot mode and the posabillity are great. until optimus is fixed he is sitting alone.