Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-17-2012, 04:39 AM   #751
faustx
ShelfLife Founder
Re: ShelfLife Beta Test Announcement: Very Exciting Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requateer View Post
Does the "I got this toy at..." section when listing/editing a Have used to keep records, or have an impact when Buying/Selling a Have? Or is it just entirely for the user in keeping track of their purchases?

Either way, do you think it's possible to make a default input entry in that section for people who won't be able to (or are too lazy to) fill that information in? I have a bunch of toys in my collection that I got when I was a kid, as well as toys that were presents for me. They'd be extremely hard to track down info for.

As it stands, you won't believe the amount of toys that I've gotten at Walmart for free.
Yeah the where/price is alread slated to be made optional, but in a pinch use MSRP so you dont throw the stats off, thanks!
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:21 AM   #752
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Yeah the where/price is alread slated to be made optional, but in a pinch use MSRP so you dont throw the stats off, thanks!
Updated! The "for at most $X" in the Want overlay is optional now.
Old 01-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #753
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quick Question since I am new to shelflife and am in the process of uploading. Where would you report missing items from certain collections? Eg I have tried to locate 2 items from DOTM and found 1 error with a description of an item I found in DOTM? Not nit-picking, just trying to help
wervenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #754
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wervenom View Post
Quick Question since I am new to shelflife and am in the process of uploading. Where would you report missing items from certain collections? Eg I have tried to locate 2 items from DOTM and found 1 error with a description of an item I found in DOTM? Not nit-picking, just trying to help
For sure! We love it when you guys report missing or incorrect data. On every catalog page, product page, and item page, there's a button that says "See an error? Report it!".

On the catalog page, the button's located below the products. On the product page and item page, the button's located below the product's info.

Here's what it looks like on the product page:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	report_a_flag_button.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	13003  
Old 01-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #755
faustx
ShelfLife Founder

Quote:
Hi Mark,

As it so happens, I'm the curator on the DOTM: Mechtech stuff. Someone else has Cyberverse.

Your first noted, data error, the absence of the TRU Transcan Ratchet will be fixed tonight during my curation session.

The 2nd one is a bit of an issue I was hoping to get feedback on. Mark pointed out that the DOTM Arcee is NOT a Mechtech line product. That would mean we should move it to a DOTM > Misc or > Other line since it falls outside both Mectech and Cyberverse.

Can people sound off with any other DOTM main line toys they know fall outside the two main lines as well that might need to join Arcee?

James
faustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #756
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I only know of a Bumblebee that exists the same way as Bumblebee (as far at "tats" go). There are also a couple of Walmart exclusives that exist outside of mechtech. An homage to G2 Sideswipe. It's a blue redeco of sidearm sideswipe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sideswipe (1).jpg
Views:	147
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	13007  
Old 01-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #757
Ozrein
Stunticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustx View Post
Hi Mark,

As it so happens, I'm the curator on the DOTM: Mechtech stuff. Someone else has Cyberverse.

Your first noted, data error, the absence of the TRU Transcan Ratchet will be fixed tonight during my curation session.

The 2nd one is a bit of an issue I was hoping to get feedback on. Mark pointed out that the DOTM Arcee is NOT a Mechtech line product. That would mean we should move it to a DOTM > Misc or > Other line since it falls outside both Mectech and Cyberverse.

Can people sound off with any other DOTM main line toys they know fall outside the two main lines as well that might need to join Arcee?

James
I think most of those figures that dont fall under MechTech could be put into an "Exclusive" catalog since they all seem to be Target (or Zellers in Canada) exclusives other than the Sideswipe noted above which was Walmart.

The Target ones were Jazz, BB, Arcee and Spacecase all done in a translucent plastic.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #758
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

I have uploaded everything I could find from my collection onto the site. There are some items I have that I could not find. Now it could be just me but I don't want to inandate the curators with 50 million error messages. If ther is anyone else who can suggest where these items are or even if they have had the same problem of not finding them. I did notice in addtion to that there are categories that may have been overlooked. It might be that perhaps the relases are so small that they might not be worth bring into shelflife. Examples
1) Revoltech Series
2) Heroes Of Cybertron/SCF's/Mega SCF's
3) eHobby ( I say this one for my eHobby Galavatron)
4) Robot Heroes (this may be in the G1 line or Movie line have to look again)
5) Can't find a reference to Hasbro 25th Unicron.

If anyone has seen these lmk so I can add them in.
Also under Gobots do Playskool gobots count as a line. I know they are not popular but there are some collectors out there. I am not one myself and yet own 6 or 7 that I find at Value Villages every so often
Old 01-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #759
nickh
Beasty

Quote:
I have uploaded everything I could find from my collection onto the site. There are some items I have that I could not find. Now it could be just me but I don't want to inandate the curators with 50 million error messages. If ther is anyone else who can suggest where these items are or even if they have had the same problem of not finding them. I did notice in addtion to that there are categories that may have been overlooked. It might be that perhaps the relases are so small that they might not be worth bring into shelflife. Examples
1) Revoltech Series
2) Heroes Of Cybertron/SCF's/Mega SCF's
3) eHobby ( I say this one for my eHobby Galavatron)
4) Robot Heroes (this may be in the G1 line or Movie line have to look again)
5) Can't find a reference to Hasbro 25th Unicron.

If anyone has seen these lmk so I can add them in.
Also under Gobots do Playskool gobots count as a line. I know they are not popular but there are some collectors out there. I am not one myself and yet own 6 or 7 that I find at Value Villages every so often
This is great, wervenom. Thanks!

Curators are still building catalogs, and some catalogs haven't been snatched by anyone yet. So there're still some gaps in our TF catalogs, such as Revoltech, Heroes of Cybertron, Robot Heroes, etc.

Might you be interested in building a catalog?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:44 PM   #760
wervenom
Big Daddy
wervenom's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickh View Post
This is great, wervenom. Thanks!

Curators are still building catalogs, and some catalogs haven't been snatched by anyone yet. So there're still some gaps in our TF catalogs, such as Revoltech, Heroes of Cybertron, Robot Heroes, etc.

Might you be interested in building a catalog?
I don't mind I wouldn't have a whole lot of time to devote to it. If i am lucky I would have about an hour a day except on my days off. If that's ok then I wouldn't mind helping in any way I can.

Tags
collecting, shelflife