Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion
Go Back   Cybertron.CA - Canadian Transformers News and Discussion > Transformers Discussion > Transformers General Discussion

Old 01-22-2015, 05:38 PM   #1
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!
Combiner Wars/Generations

Hi All,

I'm not well versed with the history of the Generations line but can somebody tell me if the new Legends Bombshell that just came out is made to complement the Generation Skrapnel/Reflector set (pictured below) because they don't look good together at all IMO.

Reason I ask is when I passed by the toy aisle and saw the Bombshell, the paint applications immediately caught my eye, much better than most mainline figures, including the Generations Skrapnel. The two just don't seem to fit well with each other.

Are they both meant to be part of the official Generation Insecticon trio or can we expect to see a much better quality or new version of Skrapnel? And will Kickback follow, and in which finish?

I like where this Combiner Wars line is going. Seems Hasbro is finally offering something mainline that I might buy. I know my daughter thinks they are fantastic. She's having a blast posing these.

What is the general thought on these Combiner Wars? Feel free to share your pics too.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 05:42 PM   #2
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy
Re: Combiner Wars/Generations

I am wondering the same thing about Thundercracker, is he part of the Combiner Wars figure? Because on the BBTS site, it says Generations Legends Combiner Wars 2015 Series 01 - Thundercracker

Old 01-22-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
RocketGTR
Animated

TC is a legend size figure released with the Combiner Wars line. He, Powerglide, Windcharger and Bombshell are part of wave 1 in the Combiner Wars Legend series.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
Ironwave
Seek and Destroy

But there is another TC coming out later in march 2015. But the TC I mentioned above, is he worth 10$?

Last edited by Ironwave; 01-22-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Ironwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #5
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

the later Thundercracker is a Leader Class heavy re-tool of the new Jetfire. That small TC is ment to go with the newer Starscream and Acidstorm that just recently got released
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 06:59 PM   #6
Xtreme987
Metroplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta_Skidz View Post
the later Thundercracker is a Leader Class heavy re-tool of the new Jetfire. That small TC is ment to go with the newer Starscream and Acidstorm that just recently got released
Ya I ordered the Legends TC & I already have the Legends Acid Storm. Now all I have to do is track down Legends Starscream. I want take a pic of the 3 together to complete the 3 repaints of that mould, which as you can tell, I really like.

Last edited by Xtreme987; 01-22-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #7
Blitzwing
Armada

I doubt they'd release Skrapnel so soon with a new deco. The Generations one is probably the closest we'll get in the near future. There has been some speculation of them releasing a Kickback to complete the trio, but again, the FOC Kickback is so recent that I don't know if they'll bother making another version of him for a while.
Old 01-22-2015, 09:51 PM   #8
MULTIPLEX
DECEPTICON BEATDOWN TIME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing View Post
I doubt they'd release Skrapnel so soon with a new deco. The Generations one is probably the closest we'll get in the near future. There has been some speculation of them releasing a Kickback to complete the trio, but again, the FOC Kickback is so recent that I don't know if they'll bother making another version of him for a while.
Thanks for the input. Sucks that in order to get all three Generations Insecticons right now, they all have different decos and design style
MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #9
Masta_Skidz
Theoretician

I kind of think they look good together but that is just me.
Masta_Skidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #10
Blurrz
Fast Everything

Its tempting, these guys will probably be readily available, but I like the look of their 3rd party equivalents (FP Menasor, TFC Superion). But then again these are like 1/4th cheaper.

Will still have to stick with getting TW Orion instead of this Voyager Optimus, though.

And yeah, kinda sucks how all the Insecticons released recently have various designs

Last edited by Blurrz; 01-22-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Blurrz is offline   Reply With Quote